What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

50 years on...the January 9-10-11-12 run at the Fillmore West in San Francisco. These constitute live tapes #s 3,4,5, and 6 in the bootleg chronology.

From what Jimmy Page and the others have said, it was these Fillmore dates where they sensed the band was really making an impact and that there was a future for Led Zeppelin.

How the East Was Won.  Dig Bonham's intro "Louder ! Louder !  Zeppelin !  Zeppelin !" 

Another little nugget in this show is the guitar licks Page plays during the drum intro to Rock and Roll.  I wish he had kept that for more shows.  It fits perfectly yet throws you off because you are expecting just drums there.  

On 1/18/2019 at 7:49 AM, John M said:

Great version - thanks for posting.  That is the show I attended.  One of the comments in YouTube is that the crowd was bonkers.  The crowd was totally bonkers indeed.

You are very lucky to have been there. I can only imagine how psyched the crowd was to see them. Meanwhile folks like me can only dream! 

On 1/26/2019 at 4:08 PM, Ocean73 said:

Live and Led Live ~ Flying Disc label

New Orleans '73

One of my favorites of the 73 US tour. I have played my Drag Queen Of New Orleans by Wendy last week. 

No Quarter is great, though the main guitar riff is played without wahwah. The drumming on Dazed & Confused is remarkably hard & daring.

2 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

One of my favorites of the 73 US tour. I have played my Drag Queen Of New Orleans by Wendy last week. 

No Quarter is great, though the main guitar riff is played without wahwah. The drumming on Dazed & Confused is remarkably hard & daring.

Recieved this silver 2 cd set back in '95 roughly "Live and Led Live" on a snowy night.The Flying Disc label had issues with speed times alot but all of the '73 boards they released back then which were the first sightings of most of these SB tapes back then still have more balls in the recording than anything to this day in my opinion.With another snowstorm heading our way tonight I think this one goes on once again.

Edited by Ocean73

20 hours ago, strombringer101 said:

Bootlegs I’m sorry. It’s cool and all but still not S good as an official live recording.

6 hours ago, strombringer101 said:

My goodness some of the bootlegs are terrible sounding. 

What's  wrong  with  you? If  you  don't  have  "bootleg  ears"  get  on  with  it. I  appreciate  all  the  audience  recordings  we  have, no  matter  the  quality.

On 1/28/2019 at 4:41 AM, confounded_bridge said:

What's  wrong  with  you? If  you  don't  have  "bootleg  ears"  get  on  with  it. I  appreciate  all  the  audience  recordings  we  have, no  matter  the  quality.

I guess I rather listen to what The band wanted to be heard rather then some crappy recordings that you can barely listen to? Yeah I know their is some killer unofficial recordings 69’ Fillmore, 79’  Copenhagen for example. Though most of these bootlegs lack depth and feel as to say the official recordings. Keep your “audience recordings, git”

Big fan of the March 1975 releases - Seattle and Vancouver are particularly represented by some great releases. Right now i'm listening to Deus Ex Machine from March 21st. The run of 19th/20th (Vancouver) and Seattle on the 21st is just magic. Never get tired of listening to them. 

DGNeFcLXcAAHh-k.jpg

Edited by Jukkin