Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Misfit

What show or live song are you listening to now?

June 15, 1972 - New York -- What a breathtaking version of "Dazed And Confused"!

March 24 '75. Man, they are on fire. Fast tempo, they seem to be peaking hard here. LA must've been kind to the guys every time they visited and I reckon the sound quality borders on official release. The energy is incredible. Did anyone here attend any of these LA '75 gigs? (I think Strider did???)

Posted (edited)

2nd date...

I have never listened to this show and so far it is really, really kickin!  Winston remaster matrix is the source. 

Edited by Walter

I am in a 1977 mood these days.   This is usually brought on by the summer weather, maybe because the only time I saw Zeppelin was in the summer of 1977, which was one of the hottest ever on the east coast.  There was a record heat wave that year.

Anyway, this remaster by Northbridge is fantastic.

On 6/17/2019 at 1:27 AM, rm2551 said:

March 24 '75. Man, they are on fire. Fast tempo, they seem to be peaking hard here. LA must've been kind to the guys every time they visited and I reckon the sound quality borders on official release. The energy is incredible. Did anyone here attend any of these LA '75 gigs? (I think Strider did???)

I was at the show on the 24th. The first five songs or so are pretty rushed and sloppy, Plant even "explains" why with his comment "a gram is a gram is a gram.." haha

Revisiting one of my earliest 1980 bootlegs...

Brussels - June 20, 1980

Gotten off track a bit on the ‘80 tour. First time listening to the entire Rotterdam show...a bit rough so far. 

On 6/22/2019 at 5:41 AM, Strider said:

Never gets old...

No it doesn’t.

Happy Anniversary to you and the legendary ‘77 LA Forum show run! 

Copenhagen July 24, 1979.

There are some post-1973 Zep shows that equal this one, but I'm not sure if there are any that top it. 

Excellent audience source, but if a soundboard of this one ever surfaces, it will instantly make a good number of the available '77 and '80 soundboards almost irrelevant.

😀June 23rd 1977😄

😍42 years ago today!😎

👼💥🙆‍♂️👿💕💀🙋‍♀️🎸💉💔

On 6/17/2019 at 1:27 AM, rm2551 said:

Sorry. Wasn't ignoring you...just missed seeing this post until today. Yes I saw the '75 shows...March 12 at Long Beach and all three Forum nights.

Never gets old...teil drei. Prost to the Badgeholders! 🍻

When the reality surpasses the dream.