What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

March 24 '75. Man, they are on fire. Fast tempo, they seem to be peaking hard here. LA must've been kind to the guys every time they visited and I reckon the sound quality borders on official release. The energy is incredible. Did anyone here attend any of these LA '75 gigs? (I think Strider did???)

I am in a 1977 mood these days.   This is usually brought on by the summer weather, maybe because the only time I saw Zeppelin was in the summer of 1977, which was one of the hottest ever on the east coast.  There was a record heat wave that year.

Anyway, this remaster by Northbridge is fantastic.

On 6/17/2019 at 1:27 AM, rm2551 said:

March 24 '75. Man, they are on fire. Fast tempo, they seem to be peaking hard here. LA must've been kind to the guys every time they visited and I reckon the sound quality borders on official release. The energy is incredible. Did anyone here attend any of these LA '75 gigs? (I think Strider did???)

I was at the show on the 24th. The first five songs or so are pretty rushed and sloppy, Plant even "explains" why with his comment "a gram is a gram is a gram.." haha

Copenhagen July 24, 1979.

There are some post-1973 Zep shows that equal this one, but I'm not sure if there are any that top it. 

Excellent audience source, but if a soundboard of this one ever surfaces, it will instantly make a good number of the available '77 and '80 soundboards almost irrelevant.

On 6/17/2019 at 1:27 AM, rm2551 said:

Sorry. Wasn't ignoring you...just missed seeing this post until today. Yes I saw the '75 shows...March 12 at Long Beach and all three Forum nights.

Getting ready for the 34 year anniversary of the Live Aid reunion.  Just watched the set again. The four of them (Plant, Page, Jones, Thompson) were not bad - even with a horrible sound mix. Every time they showed Collins (which was waaay too often) he didn’t know what the fuck he was playing/doing. Bad move. 

Anyway, still enjoy the pure energy and effort by the lads.

Edited by Walter