What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

February 13, 1975 - Uniondale -- Great show, probably the best of the New York '75 shows.  

-     First of the three 40-minute "Dazed And Confused"'s (3/21/75 Seattle & 3/27/75 L.A.) -- this one edges out Seattle by about 40 seconds for second place.  

-     One of the better versions of "Moby Dick" in this drummer's humble opinion 😛 

-     A "Trampled Under Foot" that really packs a punch for only being 7:26 long!! (despite the slight miscue heading into the midsection)

-     Ronnie Wood guests on "Communication Breakdown" to close it out, just a few months before he became a Stone!

Edited by Bonzo_fan

On 2/13/2020 at 7:34 AM, Bonzo_fan said:

February 13, 1975 - Uniondale -- Great show, probably the best of the New York '75 shows.  

-     First of the three 40-minute "Dazed And Confused"'s (3/21/75 Seattle & 3/27/75 L.A.) -- this one edges out Seattle by about 40 seconds for second place.  

-     One of the better versions of "Moby Dick" in this drummer's humble opinion 😛 

-     A "Trampled Under Foot" that really packs a punch for only being 7:26 long!! (despite the slight miscue heading into the midsection)

-     Ronnie Wood guests on "Communication Breakdown" to close it out, just a few months before he became a Stone!

Great show, one of my favorites along with the 14th.

Jimmy must have REALLY loved those loafers as he wore them for three consecutive tours (73'-77').

3 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Great show, one of my favorites along with the 14th.

Jimmy must have REALLY loved those loafers as he wore them for three consecutive tours (73'-77').

Yeah, I gained a new appreciation for the 14th this year -- only the second time I've listened to it all the way through, I think...nice, relaxed vibe.

LOL, I've noticed that about the loafers as well!

When I first learned that Celebration Day was going to be on the new soundboard release I thought now that is going to be really something else.  Well, it is even more astonishing than I could have imagined.  If anyone ever tells you that Zeppelin was not the greatest rock band ever play them this.  Absolutely one of a kind.  Bursting at the seams with energy and unrestrained virtuosity.

February 28, 1975 Baton Rouge, Louisiana. 45 years ago tonight. After the first leg break you can hear the band is finally rounding into form going into March. While Robert still is suffering from the aftereffects of the flu, he sounds better than he did in New York and Nassau and St. Louis.

Every song up to "Moby Dick" is in the upper echelon for the 1975 tour. A real kick ass hour and a half from "Rock and Roll" to "Trampled Under Foot". Even "Dazed and Confused" holds interest for the duration. "Stairway" is only average...Jimmy is strangely tentative on the solo and Robert's voice fails him at the end. The encore is kind of ragged and sloppy, which was par for the course on that tour. The theramin bit was only a few gigs old on this tour and it hasn't quite reached the madness level it would in the later shows in March and at Earls Court.

Still, the overall effect of this concert is powerful. The band really are rampaging those cajuns. A top 10 of the 1975 North American Tour.

Edited by Strider

5 hours ago, Strider said:

February 28, 1975 Baton Rouge, Louisiana. 45 years ago tonight. After the first leg break you can hear the band is finally rounding into form going into March. While Robert still is suffering from the aftereffects of the flu, he sounds better than he did in New York and Nassau and St. Louis.

Every song up to "Moby Dick" is in the upper echelon for the 1975 tour. A real kick ass hour and a half from "Rock and Roll" to "Trampled Under Foot". Even "Dazed and Confused" holds interest for the duration. "Stairway" is only average...Jimmy is strangely tentative on the solo and Robert's voice fails him at the end. The encore is kind of ragged and sloppy, which was par for the course on that tour. The theramin bit was only a few gigs old on this tour and it hasn't quite reached the madness level it would in the later shows in March and at Earls Court.

Still, the overall effect of this concert is powerful. The band really are rampaging those cajuns. A top 10 of the 1975 North American Tour.

I second that!  I listened yesterday as well.  Are you saying you are or aren't a fan of this "Moby Dick"?  I think it's one of the better ones!  Very energetic for '75 🥁 It always sounds like Bonham in particular loved playing in the Deep South, especially Texas -- makes me long for the Houston '75 recording even more, because the Baton Rouge/Ft. Worth/Dallas/Dallas run is a great stretch for him!  Having been to Ft. Worth, I can see why a cattle farmer like him would like it there, with the daily cattle drive in the Stockyards et al.