What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

2 minutes ago, ZepHead315 said:

That's the evening show. The video I just posted is the afternoon show.

I noticed, as I hit post, then my internet connection dropped as I was about to edit.

Edited by JTM

Here's a show I worked on before but was ultimately unsatisfied with. This new remaster of mine I feel is far superior. I EQ'd both the left and right channels individually the rejoined them and added some reverb to liven up the overall spectrum of sound. Very pleased with the results, give it a listen!

5 hours ago, Annamilia said:

August 10, 1970 - Led Zeppelin in Hampton, VA.

50 years ago today and just one of those hidden gems on Youtube - check it out!
Epic recording as well, so authentic. 

I believe you're a week early with that, ma'am.  That show was on August 17, 1970.

2 hours ago, Bonzo_fan said:

I believe you're a week early with that, ma'am.  That show was on August 17, 1970.

Sorry Bonzo_fan, Annamilia is correct. August 10, 1970 was the start of the 1970 North American summer tour. The original tour dates were rescheduled because of John Paul Jones' father. Hampton Roads, Virginia became the rescheduled opening date August 10, 1970.

Happy 50th Anniversary to the start of the 1970 North American Summer Tour.

August 10, 1970 Hampton Roads Coliseum, Virginia. Be forewarned...you really need bootleg ears to listen to this tape. This has the weirdest "Bron-yr-aur" I have ever heard. I can't tell if it is because the tape itself was messed up or if Jimmy Page decided to use a different tuning or chord progression. Between the Spring tour and the Summer tour Led Zeppelin really DESTROYED America in 1970. No wonder they toppled the Beatles in many polls at the end of the year.

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Sorry Bonzo_fan, Annamilia is correct. August 10, 1970 was the start of the 1970 North American summer tour. The original tour dates were rescheduled because of John Paul Jones' father. Hampton Roads, Virginia became the rescheduled opening date August 10, 1970.

Yes August 10th is the right date. Info on the time-line https://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/august-10-1970

6 hours ago, Strider said:

Ahhh, The Year Of Led Zeppelin and Black Beauty letting me down! My apologies, @Annamilia 😅

June 14, 1977. Madison Square Garden, NYC.

Thanks to @ZepHead315 I have completed my run through the 1977 Madison Square Garden shows. Before this week, I had only really heard the soundboard for June 7, the three song soundboard fragment for June 11, and the audience tape for June 14.

My silver of June 14 is in storage as I have packed away many of my lesser-played bootlegs for safe-keeping. But ZepHead has a good-sounding upload of June 14 on youtube. Only the first two hours, as the tapers did not bring enough tape to record the entire concert.

Although Plant had some brittle moments here and there during the New York stand, and the setlist wasn't as varied as the LA Forum run, it was still a dynamite week that obliterated the memory of the stagnant stand at Landover. The crowd enthusiasm helped carry the energy through the week.

June 22 and June 26 are the top two LA Forum shows and therefore in the running for the best 1977 shows period.

None of the Madison Square Garden shows reached that consistent peak, but the best of MSG can stand with June 21 and 23 (take away the historic nature of Keith Moon's appearance and it slips a notch compared to June 22 and 26). If only the tapers for June 11 and June 14 had been smarter and given us a complete show.

June 14 hums along and sounds like it could be up there in the top ranks. Although OTHAFA isn't as killer as the night before, and No Quarter is cut, Ten Years Gone sounds amazing as usual. But without hearing Achilles, Stairway, and the encore (did they play the usual or whip out a surprise?), we'll never know for sure if June 14 was merely good (June 7, June 13, June 25, June 27) or rose to the rank of great (June 10, June 11, June 21, June 23).

The super great are June 22, June 26, April 28, April 30...and I'm still weighing my decision on a few other dates.

On 8/9/2020 at 3:10 PM, Autumn Moon said:

The Winston Remaster & the Eat A Peach are both fine, but the Graf Zeppelin version is the one you should get. Simply the best, by a mile.

Thanks for yer wisdom. Not surprised to hear this because I've really enjoyed the exceptional work Graf Zeppelin has been doing for some years now. (I say this as a huge fan off Winston and EAP.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOM_Cro5ljQ

After giving this a fresh listen and rockin' out supreme, I thought I'd give the other knebworth night a go - should be just as good I thought.

Jimmy seemed to be trapped inside a really, really bad acid trip for a lot of the 11th rendition. Very strange version. Even JPJ seems to be fighting against the current at times - or pulling in another direction which seems to be at odds with how Jimmy is laying it down. A really confusing version. But the 4th though. Incredible.

13 hours ago, NegativeCrepe said:

If you ever wanted to hear Uniondale 2/14/1975 with treble that wont make your ears bleed, a touch of reverb for atmosphere's sake, and the cuts filled with the audience tape, have I got the remaster for you!

You have done a fine job on this one and Feb 13 as well.  Thank you for sharing!  These 75 boards are great for listening carefully to what Jones is doing, and listening carefully to Jones is always a good thing.

On 8/13/2020 at 9:26 PM, ZepHead315 said:

Any background information about it? Is this a fan remaster, a source mix/merge or a matrix? What sources are used?

Haven´t got the time to listen yet, but I guess it starts with source 7 and uses source 5 from WIAWSNB onwards......

50 Years Gone.

August 15, 1970 Yale Bowl, New Haven, Connecticut. Concert #2 of the 1970 North American Summer Tour.

Another show where bootleg ears are mandatory. But c'mon...it's 1970 Led Zeppelin! Robert Plant is on Mount Olympus at this point and the band is firing along on all cylinders behind him. Once again, "Whole Lotta Love" drives the fans wild. Too bad the tapers only brought a C-90 tape and therefore did not record the acoustic set and "Thank You" in an effort to save tape.