What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

A nice one.  Are there any other shows where Plant vocalizes like this during the ending guitar solo of Immigrant Song?  He gets in a bit  of vocalizing here (2:41- 2:47) similar to the studio version.  A great touch.  Wish he did it more often.  Adds to the mystery of the song, without overdoing it. 

Jones is on a rampage throughout.  My goodness - that bass!!

1 hour ago, John M said:

A nice one.  Are there any other shows where Plant vocalizes like this during the ending guitar solo of Immigrant Song?  He gets in a bit  of vocalizing here (2:41- 2:47) similar to the studio version.  A great touch.  Wish he did it more often.  Adds to the mystery of the song, without overdoing it. 

Yes. I just posted one. He did it several times during that first year or so of live performances of the song.

1 hour ago, NegativeCrepe said:

Ever wanted to here Landover 1975 without shrill treble? All the cuts filled with the audience sources? Well have I got the remaster for you! There’s even a FLAC link the video description! 

Why, yes I have. How did you know? By the way, are you a Nirvana fan?

August 21, 1970. The fifth show of the tour and this is the first halfway decent sounding and reasonably complete tape of the tour. Plant is in Godhead form as usual and you can hear the buzz "Whole Lotta Love" stirs up in the audience. Beautiful "Bron-yr-aur" and "Thank You". 

On 8/16/2020 at 5:20 AM, Strider said:

0 Years Gone.

August 15, 1970 Yale Bowl, New Haven, Connecticut. Concert #2 of the 1970 North American Summer Tour.

Thanks for posting this-it is one of the handful of 1970 shows I am missing.

38 minutes ago, Strider said:

I wanted to listen to August 22 1970 Tarrant County Convention Center, Ft. Worth. But I can't seem to find it. Am I missing something? I could have sworn there was a 1970 Tarrant County tape out there?

No recordings exist from that show unfortunately. Although there is an audience recording the day before that show in Tulsa Ok on 8/21/70.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

I wanted to listen to August 22 1970 Tarrant County Convention Center, Ft. Worth. But I can't seem to find it. Am I missing something? I could have sworn there was a 1970 Tarrant County tape out there?

Although they played in FT  Worth that day, I think you mixed up with the 'Hot August Night' performance from a year later (August 23, 1971). A great recording!

Edited by duckman

On 8/20/2020 at 11:06 AM, NegativeCrepe said:

Ever wanted to hear Landover 1975 without shrill treble? All the cuts filled with the audience sources? Well have I got the remaster for you! There’s even a FLAC link the video description! 

Since there are no tapes between August 21 and August 28 for the 1970 tour, I guess I'll revisit this one from 1975. Too bad you can't remove Plant's terrible voice from the first few songs. He sounds so near death I fear for his life. Remarkably the show improves...one of the better "Kashmir" and "No Quarter" from the tour.

August 28, 1970. Detroit.

Fucking Mexicans. Surely one of the worst tapes I have ever heard. You're telling me that in Detroit, supposedly the rock capitol of the world Detroit Rock City, and the only tape we have us from some Mexican idiots who leave after a half hour and end up recording themselves babbling on in Spanish more than the band?

Fuck Detroit.

Edited by Strider

Anyone want to take a stab at translating? I hear mentions of Jimmy Page, Plant and Led Zeppelin.

Oh, and someone might want to buy LedZepBootlegs (NOT to be confused with Led Zeppelin Boots) a map or a globe. Detroit is not in Minnesota.