What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

March 19, 1975 - Vancouver: The first full show I ever listened to and still one of my favourites!  A top 3 show of 1975 IMO and perhaps the best sounding soundboard from a year with a lot of them.  One of the very best for appreciating what Jones brought to the band when you combine the sound quality with the quality of his performance.  I personally think March '75 was his peak, especially the three show run that turns 46 this weekend -- I think 3/21 Seattle is his best show ever.  His bass lines were so groovy and creative (and decently aggressive) at this point, not to mention him taking the lead on these phenomenal, jazzy versions of "No Quarter."

With the extra time on my hands these days, I've taken to listening to my very favourite '75 shows twice on their anniversaries 😅 I gave 2/8 Philadelphia and 3/12 Long Beach that treatment, which leaves me no choice but to do the same with March 19, 20 & 21!

3 hours ago, Bonzo_fan said:

March 19, 1975 - Vancouver: The first full show I ever listened to and still one of my favourites!  A top 3 show of 1975 IMO and perhaps the best sounding soundboard from a year with a lot of them.  One of the very best for appreciating what Jones brought to the band when you combine the sound quality with the quality of his performance.  I personally think March '75 was his peak, especially the three show run that turns 46 this weekend -- I think 3/21 Seattle is his best show ever.  His bass lines were so groovy and creative (and decently aggressive) at this point, not to mention him taking the lead on these phenomenal, jazzy versions of "No Quarter."

With the extra time on my hands these days, I've taken to listening to my very favourite '75 shows twice on their anniversaries 😅 I gave 2/8 Philadelphia and 3/12 Long Beach that treatment, which leaves me no choice but to do the same with March 19, 20 & 21!

Yes! Bootleg wise, this period produced the best sounding of what were fantastic shows. Some of the SB's could be made into official releases. Jones in Seattle (particularly the first 3 numbers) is in career best form, and that board (and the matrix of that show) is stunning.

Edited by rm2551

On 3/20/2021 at 1:33 PM, ZepHead315 said:

One of the more bizarre moments captured on an audience recording. At around 1:37:32, you can hear the taper and his buddy go for a bathroom break and take a piss. :hysterical:

Didn't everybody take a piss break during "Moby Dick"? :lol:

I know I did….there were only three or four "Moby Dick" performances that I stayed and watched in full.

Thanks ZepHead315 for a tape I have never heard before…only have the soundboard for this show. I love this audience tape…these guys are more entertaining and informative than Artie and his Noo Yawk crew. Their reaction to "Kashmir" is fairly representative of most of us seeing "Kashmir" for the first time in 1975…HOLY SHIT WOW!

It is also representative for how exhausting those 1975 shows could be on the band and audience alike. Notice how their comments practically disappear after the "Moby Dick"/"Dazed and Confused" marathons. It is as if at that point they were too tired to talk. I mean, the one guy (who from his chatter about scales and tuning pegs appeared to be a guitarist himself) was commenting on Jimmy's playing all throughout the show and then is completely silent during Jimmy's shambolic "Heartbreaker"?

Crankin' this at work for its 50TH ANNIVERSARY! April 1, 1971 Paris Theatre, London for the BBC. This broadcast was the first broadcast of any of the Led Zeppelin IV songs to the public at large. Unless you were one of the people who attended the Spring 1971 UK tour shows, this was the first time most people at that time were able to hear "Black Dog", "Going to California", and "Stairway to Heaven".

ledzep-71bbc-mc1.thumb.jpg.218f8c20c3ccc6fc3c942ec7e4248b7c.jpg

ledzep-71bbc-mc2.thumb.jpg.bc717644df8e70286554e39bc212dff7.jpg

Edited by Strider

On 4/1/2021 at 6:51 PM, Strider said:

Crankin' this at work for its 50TH ANNIVERSARY! April 1, 1971 Paris Theatre, London for the BBC. This broadcast was the first broadcast of any of the Led Zeppelin IV songs to the public at large. Unless you were one of the people who attended the Spring 1971 UK tour shows, this was the first time most people at that time were able to hear "Black Dog", "Going to California", and "Stairway to Heaven".

ledzep-71bbc-mc1.thumb.jpg.218f8c20c3ccc6fc3c942ec7e4248b7c.jpg

ledzep-71bbc-mc2.thumb.jpg.bc717644df8e70286554e39bc212dff7.jpg

This is a great release in fantastic sound. Well, well worth a listen.