What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

On 4/24/2021 at 12:19 AM, rm2551 said:

Is this tape sped up? Serious question. The pace sounds too fast for four humans to master to a precision that Zep delivers. It's truly astounding.

Though it sounds fast and it is, it does not sound sped up as Robert's voice is in typical key and tone for ALS. I would say this version should be re-named ALS and the Cocaine Express.

It is the 50th anniversary of one of Led Zeppelin's 10 greatest concerts…May 3, 1971 at the K.B. Hallen in Copenhagen, Denmark. It is an absolutely essential bootleg to have. We know it was not multitracked but if Jimmy has the soundboard squirreled away somewhere, he needs to nut up and release the damn thing already. It needs to be heard by the masses in better quality than exists on the audience tape that has been circulating for some time.

The only Led Zeppelin concert where they played six of the eight songs from Led Zeppelin IV, which would not be released until another seven months after this show: "Black Dog", "Stairway to Heaven", "Going to California", "Four Sticks" (first and only performance ever captured on tape!), "Misty Mountain Hop" (first performance ever and the band bollocks it up a little), "Rock and Roll". Plus another rarity…a full stand-alone version of "Gallows Pole". And no drum solo, thank god.

Scorching versions of "Immigrant Song", "Heartbreaker", "Since I've Been Loving You", with Robert Plant in full air-raid siren power and the band still a well-oiled machine at this point in their touring career. Black Sabbath and Deep Purple couldn't match this in their dreams.

I have two different cd releases of this show…"Stick Out!" is my favourite and the one I play the most. A Desert Island Disc, for sure.

100309020538.jpg.f3e4d7a7e36bf777d1393d5646cc0410.jpgledzep-stick1.jpg.24680293141776cca86c00f7aa823bd4.jpg

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, Strider said:

It is the 50th anniversary of one of Led Zeppelin's 10 greatest concerts…May 3, 1971 at the K.B. Hallen in Copenhagen, Netherlands. It is an absolutely essential bootleg to have. We know it was not multitracked but if Jimmy has the soundboard squirreled away somewhere, he needs to nut up and release the damn thing already. It needs to be heard by the masses in better quality than exists on the audience tape that has been circulating for some time.

The only Led Zeppelin concert where they played six of the eight songs from Led Zeppelin IV, which would not be released until another seven months after this show: "Black Dog", "Stairway to Heaven", "Going to California", "Four Sticks" (first and only performance ever captured on tape!), "Misty Mountain Hop" (first performance ever and the band bollocks it up a little), "Rock and Roll". Plus another rarity…a full stand-alone version of "Gallows Pole".

Scorching versions of "Immigrant Song", "Heartbreaker", "Since I've Been Loving You", with Robert Plant in full air-raid siren power and the band still a well-oiled machine at this point in their touring career. Black Sabbath and Deep Purple couldn't match this in their dreams.

I have two different cd releases of this show…"Stick Out!" is my favourite and the one I play the most. A Desert Island Disc, for sure.

100309020538.jpg.f3e4d7a7e36bf777d1393d5646cc0410.jpgledzep-stick1.jpg.24680293141776cca86c00f7aa823bd4.jpg

A Top 10 show indeed and one I look forward to listening to each May 3 -- along with another time or two throughout the year!  I just finished Stairway, and I have to say, it might just be my favourite version.  Besides nailing all of the high notes in the final verse, that howl Plant lets out just before Bonham enters is one of my favourite moments of his ever.  Page never "comes up for air" once during his solo, either.

Edited by Bonzo_fan