What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Led Zeppelin at Knebworth, August 4, 1979. I don't pull my Knebworth vinyl out very often. This is one of the most garish, nonsensical covers I have ever seen on a bootleg. Someone decided a mix of Roy Orbison and Pink Floyd's "The Wall" would fit a Led Zeppelin album. Ridiculous. The audience tape sounds better than the bootleg video track that is out there. Performance wise, it is better than August 11 but a shade below July 24 Copenhagen.

IMG_20210516_182940_hdr.thumb.jpg.6b2cd23d6ee60505c54cb5d146007345.jpg

All the times I saw Led Zeppelin I never once saw Jimmy Page play a Fender Strat. Which is why I am intrigued by the May 18 and May 23 Earls Court, where for some undisclosed reason he broke out the Fender Strat for supposedly "Over the Hills and Far Away" and "No Quarter". The Strat would not appear again on stage until the 1979-80 shows for "In the Evening".

3 hours ago, Strider said:

All the times I saw Led Zeppelin I never once saw Jimmy Page play a Fender Strat. Which is why I am intrigued by the May 18 and May 23 Earls Court, where for some undisclosed reason he broke out the Fender Strat for supposedly "Over the Hills and Far Away" and "No Quarter". The Strat would not appear again on stage until the 1979-80 shows for "In the Evening".

I wonder if it was due to the acoustics in the venue and the decision was made in sound check?.... Must be something like that given the rarity (I would imagine).