What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

On 11/21/2021 at 1:40 PM, ZepHead315 said:

Wait a minute, I just made the connection .. Zephead315, are you also "Led Zeppelin Boots" from YT?? If so, thanks so much for all the hard work you've done over the years!! I don't have a YT account but am on there daily and can't count the number of shows I've listened to from your uploads. It's greatly, greatly appreciated. Thank you, muchas gracias, merci beaucoup!!!

17 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

Wait a minute, I just made the connection .. Zephead315, are you also "Led Zeppelin Boots" from YT?? If so, thanks so much for all the hard work you've done over the years!! I don't have a YT account but am on there daily and can't count the number of shows I've listened to from your uploads. It's greatly, greatly appreciated. Thank you, muchas gracias, merci beaucoup!!!

Indeed I am! Glad you enjoy my channel! :) 

20 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

The one and only Led Zeppelin Boots.

4 minutes ago, Strider said:

Obviously a reference to the "Shaft Theme" which made its debut as part of the "Dazed & Confused" jam at the November 24, 1971 Manchester Free Trade Hall concert.

Yup. They played it Leicester and Bournemouth as well, then never again.

1 minute ago, 1975NQ said:

Yup. They played it Leicester and Bournemouth as well, then never again.

Definitely. One of my favourite moments of "live Led Zeppelin". Wished they had kept it all through the 1972 tour...I would have gone bonkers hearing that at the Forum June 25, 1972.

5 minutes ago, Strider said:

Definitely. One of my favourite moments of "live Led Zeppelin". Wished they had kept it all through the 1972 tour...I would have gone bonkers hearing that at the Forum June 25, 1972.

That's crazy that you were actually there. I know you were at a bunch of shows but only read the post you did on the 6/3/73 show (one of my all-time fav Zep shows, along with Leicester 11-25-71 which is the Bad MuthaF-ers boot I'm listening to on/off today) ... which show do you remember the most fondly? 

8 minutes ago, 1975NQ said:

That's crazy that you were actually there. I know you were at a bunch of shows but only read the post you did on the 6/3/73 show (one of my all-time fav Zep shows, along with Leicester 11-25-71 which is the Bad MuthaF-ers boot I'm listening to on/off today) ... which show do you remember the most fondly? 

The first...June 25, 1972 at the Forum. Like how you never forget your first kiss, your first girlfriend, your first car.

The others I remember most fondly...

May 31 & June 3, 1973 at the Forum.

June 21, 23, 25, 26, 27, 1977 at the Forum. Yep...all of them. The entire week was a fun bacchanal and the last Led Zeppelin shows in Los Angeles ever.

Edited by Strider

4 minutes ago, Strider said:

The first...June 25, 1972 at the Forum. Like how you never forget your first kiss, your first girlfriend, your first car.

The others I remember most fondly...

May 31 & June 3, 1973 at the Forum.

June 21, 23, 25, 26, 27, 1977 at the Forum. Yep...all of them. The entire week was a fun bacchanal and the last I would see of them.

Lol gotcha .. very cool!

50 years on...plus a couple of days. November 20, 1971 Empire Pool Wembley. The Electric Magic Show...the very concert Sam Webmaster took the name for his original website which then turned into this official website for the band.

From all accounts it sounds like it was quite the extravaganza...not your typical rock show. Which is all the more frustrating that Led Zeppelin did not document it at all. I swear to god, for all of Peter Grant's vision and brilliance there were many times when he was more Colonel Tom Parker than Brian Epstein/Andrew Loog Oldham. Penny-wise and pound-foolish. 

Edited by Strider