What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Another blast of a show. Start offs with a disjointed solo by Page in "Rock and Roll" but then gets going with "Celebration Day" and from then out, it's all guns blazing. Plant even sounds real good...listen to that shriek he lets loose in "Since I've Been Loving You". A fucking stunning "No Quarter". I wonder how many people who went to the Boston show the night prior made the trip to Providence the next night? Another rowdy audience but at least they got a full show plus encore in Providence.

Edited by Strider

On 3/20/2022 at 5:03 AM, rm2551 said:

Man! Something about hearing Robert on the verge of ruin. Goddamn. That voice! Just amazing. So listening with fresh ears, and hearing Robert Circa 73 singing HMMT and just that damn voice. To me that makes the song. Robert gets slagged for his voice after 71-72. For me, there are performances after 71 that I don’t think he would have been able to do with that specific voice. This is proof to me. Best vocalist ever. No one even close. To have been able to have gone through all the changes, to sound like that, then to have the 73 Dazed Voice, and the Since I’ve Been voice, then to 75 with the Trampled, and then my personal favorite of In My Time Of Dying. Then to have the 77 Voice. The LA shows. That guy was the baddest Front man on the planet while with Zeppelin. I’m not going to say that his change in style while solo was better. It wasn’t. But by god that man have all he had to give. Every night. For soooo many shows. Amazing. Thank you for this performance.