What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

^ I used to have it on vinyl, but sold it many years ago.

I don't recall a speaker crashing to the ground, and yes it was a little tinny, but very clear...which version do you have? Mine was TMOQ, I think. On coloured vinyl (one green, one red).

I have no idea which copy I have, but it is on black vinyl, on side 1 it has on the run off S 2321 side 4 S 2324, side 2 S2322, side 3 S2323. I can't be sure whether I bought it in 70 or 71 (memory lapse) I remember getting it from Probe records in Liverpool and it cost £4.00. Unfortunately when one of the music papers printed a centre pages picture of Jimmy Page with his double neck, I meticulously, cut the figure out and stuck it on the back cover. It remains there to this day. But there is definitely a sound which is like a speaker falling over.

I have no idea which copy I have, but it is on black vinyl, on side 1 it has on the run off S 2321 side 4 S 2324, side 2 S2322, side 3 S2323. I can't be sure whether I bought it in 70 or 71 (memory lapse) I remember getting it from Probe records in Liverpool and it cost £4.00. Unfortunately when one of the music papers printed a centre pages picture of Jimmy Page with his double neck, I meticulously, cut the figure out and stuck it on the back cover. It remains there to this day. But there is definitely a sound which is like a speaker falling over.

During what song does this speaker crash occur, Joe?

Listening to the Dec. 10, 2007 O2 show right now..."In My Time of Dying" is playing; a little sluggishly in my opinion. It's been a long time since I've listened to this concert. I've had a DVD for years, but only recently picked up a CD copy.

Edit: "For Your Life" is rocking my ass now...a GREAT addition to the setlist!

2nd edit: Disc 1 ends on a high note: a cool, moody version of "No Quarter". But it is on songs like this, Ttrampled, and IMTOD where you notice the difference between Jason and John Bonham.

3rd edit: Just finished listening to disc 2...wow, what a show! And as good as it sounds on my boot, it must have been immense actually being there in person. Don't see how anyone could complain about this concert...especially in relation to the prior two "reunions" in 1985 and 1988.

What's really noticeable is how Jimmy finally took the time to go through all his guitars and gear and make sure his stage sound was top-notch. No more half-assing it.

"Dazed and Confused" sounds wicked for the first time since 72-73, and Robert sings the lyrics as intended which improves the song's impact immensely. "Kashmir" is a BEAST!!! Again, it helps that Plant remembers the lyrics.

In fact, I'm putting "Kashmir" on again...oh how I wished I could have been one of the lucky ticket lotto winners!

I do miss the mellotron, though.

Edited by Strider

I'm listening to the " Sweeter Blueberry" Audio-DVD version. (the best one imo) Near the end of Whole Lotta Love, (last song before the encore) somebody throws a firecracker. When they come back on for the encore Robert asks "Who threw the firecracker do you want locked up, do you want to be locked up?

There you go Joe, thats your falling speaker.

January 14, 1973 Empire Theatre, Liverpool

Godfatherecords "One For the M6" from the January 1973 box set.

Soundboard starts with "Over the Hills and Far Away"...either they started the tape too late for "Rock and Roll" or that part of the tape was damaged. Has that typical 73 soundboard sound, although so far Jonesey's bass is a little more up in the mix than usual. But the audience might as well be a rumour as you can barely hear them. "Black Dog" is playing right now and you can't even hear the crowd on the "ah ah" bits.

January 14, 1973 Empire Theatre, Liverpool

Godfatherecords "One For the M6" from the January 1973 box set.

Soundboard starts with "Over the Hills and Far Away"...either they started the tape too late for "Rock and Roll" or that part of the tape was damaged. Has that typical 73 soundboard sound, although so far Jonesey's bass is a little more up in the mix than usual. But the audience might as well be a rumour as you can barely hear them. "Black Dog" is playing right now and you can't even hear the crowd on the "ah ah" bits.

I was at that concert, we tend to listen to the music, then show appreciation at the end. I still have the programme from that concert it is shit.No information whatsoever in it.

LA Forum, 3-27-70

I never noticed before but on the "D'Ya Feel Alright?" version, the tape continues to record for almost ten minutes after the show is over.

You get to hear all the post show comments, and it's a fun listen.Guy:"Was that good?" Girl;"It was SO good (laughing)" Guy: I think we need a cold shower after that!"

"Let's smoke a couple more before we go.."..."that was outasite!" Someone mentions the Hyatt House around the 13:00 mark...

I was at that concert, we tend to listen to the music, then show appreciation at the end. I still have the programme from that concert it is shit.No information whatsoever in it.

I hope you're joking around, cause if you're not, then you misconstrued the meaning of my post.

When I said the audience might as well be a rumour, I was referring to how SOUNDBOARDS lack audience atmosphere...especially 1973 Soundboards compared to 1975 Soundboards...not that the audience themselves were quiet. I am sure that if you listened to an audience tape of the same show, you would hear the crowd cheering just like any other show.

I don't think you really mean to suggest Liverpudlians are 'stick in the muds', do you? On every other stop on the 1973 tour, when Robert said "ah ah" during Black Dog and then held out his mic for the crowd's reply, the audience yelled "ah ah" back. But it sounds like you are saying when Robert did this in Liverpool, you all couldn't be bothered to shout back, instead preferring to just sit there waiting to politely clap at the end of the song. :blink:

Fortunately I know this is not so...as I am listening to the 1-14-73 Liverpool show again, and while it is faint due to the soundboard, you can just make out the crowd during the songs.

One of the highlights of the Liverpool concert is Dazed and Confused. Even though the beginning is missing(the tape starts just as Jimmy starts the jam after the first three verses are over), what remains is worth it. Some very interesting variations during the violin bow solo and in the long jam.

The best is at the end. For me, one of my favourite moments of Dazed and Confused has always been the final jam at the end of the song, when Jimmy spaces out on the wah wah. By 1975, it was often the ONLY part of Dazed and Confused I still enjoyed.

One of these days(which probably means never) I want to take 50 or so of my favourite endings of Dazed and Confused and link them all together to form one long spaced out jam.

Anyway, the 1973 Liverpool Dazed and Confused features one of the better amd unique endings I've ever heard. Jimmy is good as usual, but what is really striking is how Bonzo gets more and more intense. At first, he and Jones are beating out the usual loping bass and tom-tom rhythm used for this part of the song. Then, Bonzo's patterns get more insistent, more crazed, until it sounds like he's about to crash through his drum heads. It's fucking scary and amazing to hear. This all leads to Bonzo's final flurry...a brief solo before the end that makes the one in the film TSRTS sound slow and gentle.

It leaves you breathless.

Now that I've heard the soundboard, I've got to find out if there's a good audience source for the 73 Liverpool show.

LA Forum, 3-27-70

I never noticed before but on the "D'Ya Feel Alright?" version, the tape continues to record for almost ten minutes after the show is over.

You get to hear all the post show comments, and it's a fun listen.Guy:"Was that good?" Girl;"It was SO good (laughing)" Guy: I think we need a cold shower after that!"

"Let's smoke a couple more before we go.."..."that was outasite!" Someone mentions the Hyatt House around the 13:00 mark...

That's the one LA Forum show of the 16 Led Zeppelin performed at the venue I have yet to track down. One day...

Are you sure you have the official programme or is it one of those fake knock-ups hawkers used to sell ouside venues. To see the official programme go to the Timeline section of this site and flip through the whole programme there. I think you will find that it is quite informative. Edited by johnthomasmoby

Are you sure you have the official programme or is it one of those fake knock-ups hawkers used to sell ouside venues. To see the official programme go to the Timeline section of this site and flip through the whole programme there. I think you will find that it is quite informative.

Mine is just a flimsy yellow covered "Show Souvenir" with two pages of widely known information, six pages of album covers (each one takes two pages), one page with a picture of Led Zeppelin'70, and another page with Led Zeppelin '72. Then there is a copy of a press release when Atlantic first signed Led Zeppelin. The las page consists of the tour itinary and the LPs available (1,2,3 and the fourth album) and the the rear cover which is yellow with Led Zeppelin written on it, so I imagine it is not an official programme. I still have the poster that I sent away for though.I used my sisters ticket stub so I could keep mine.