What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

The ultimate last 30 seconds of ALS. The greatest show from the first leg - I'm telling you Sue it's better than Pontiac!

I say nay!

I'm listening to Sue's favourite show right now...sorry, Sue, still gotta give the edge to 28/4/77 Cleveland over 30/4/77 Pontiac...though admittedly not by much. I will say they really did rise to the occasion on the night, though. Considering the size of the Silverdome audience and the scope of the event itself, Zeppelin actually played with considerable restraint. They could have gotten all caught up and carried away and got really self indulgent in the the solo pieces, etc but wisely decided to keep things short and sweet (though JPJ's ivory tickling in "No Quarter" does kinda drag on a bit...)

I wish there had been some kind of 3rd encore, considering it was the end of the 1st leg. Oh well.

I'm listening to Sue's favourite show right now...sorry, Sue, still gotta give the edge to 28/4/77 Cleveland over 30/4/77 Pontiac...though admittedly not by much. I will say they really did rise to the occasion on the night, though. Considering the size of the Silverdome audience and the scope of the event itself, Zeppelin actually played with considerable restraint. They could have gotten all caught up and carried away and got really self indulgent in the the solo pieces, etc but wisely decided to keep things short and sweet (though JPJ's ivory tickling in "No Quarter" does kinda drag on a bit...)

I wish there had been some kind of 3rd encore, considering it was the end of the 1st leg. Oh well.

Or, barring that, adding something like "Heartbreaker" or "Over The Hills" into the main set.

Though as I recall the Pontiac show started late (90 minutes or something like that)...on that basis it's kinda surprising that they didn't cut any songs out, though that could be part of the reason why they kept Jimmy's solo pieces and the drum solo shorter than normal (skipping the hand drumming section for example)

Or, barring that, adding something like "Heartbreaker" or "Over The Hills" into the main set.

Though as I recall the Pontiac show started late (90 minutes or something like that)...on that basis it's kinda surprising that they didn't cut any songs out, though that could be part of the reason why they kept Jimmy's solo pieces and the drum solo shorter than normal (skipping the hand drumming section for example)

Yeah, but Over the Top seems shorter because of the tape cut. There was still a +10 minute tympani section, which was much longer than normal for the '77 drum solos, and there's no telling how much longer it went on for thanks to the placing of the cut.

I know the recording is a rough ride , but check out the version of Over the Top from April 6, 1977 at the Chicago Stadium. Very potent and explosive and just the right length. Having been at this show the crowd was right there with Bonzo raucusly cheering him on . Page was watching the big build up at the end clapping enthusiasticly from in front of his Marshalls. A great memory!

I'll check that out!

Also, listened to Stairway to Heaven 1977/06/25 awhile ago, and I've gotta say, this would be my favourite LA version if it weren't for that loud firecracker boom at the start.

I know the recording is a rough ride , but check out the version of Over the Top from April 6, 1977 at the Chicago Stadium. Very potent and explosive and just the right length. Having been at this show the crowd was right there with Bonzo raucusly cheering him on . Page was watching the big build up at the end clapping enthusiasticly from in front of his Marshalls. A great memory!

I'll check that out!

Also, listened to Stairway to Heaven 1977/06/25 awhile ago, and I've gotta say, this would be my favourite LA version if it weren't for that loud firecracker boom at the start.

I love that part! Really adds to the vibe of actually being there. Definitely my fave Stairway of the run.

Listening to Heartbreaker 2/12/75

I'll check that out!

I just listened to the 6/25 on my drive home from Savannah (even the noise solo and you did cross my mind - it was an enjoyable solo too) and when that firecracker went off I just about jumped out of the seat! I had it cranked and it scared the shit out of me!

Anyway....currently listening to 'Dazed And Confused" - June 3,1973 - LA Forum

Great version and also of 'Misty Mountain Hop'!