What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

I didn't know where else to put this and I didn't want to start a new thread. It's on topic - I was listening to it.

Zeppelin goes to the movies, once again.

This isn't the actual song from the trailer, but a close proximity. I couldn't find the actual trailer song to post. Anyway, they used Black Dog.

Edited by pottedplant

Thank You, from an (stereo) old boot of BBC '71

-my remaster (which I call the JPJ Mix)

IT WAS a SIN to mix the ORGAN LOW on Thank You. I understand he wanted the drums louder, but hearing JPJ's Leslie kick in on fast at 3:40 to the end of Jimmy's solo is SPINE TINGLING. Climax- Goose bump moment, every time. Those hammonds w/ Leslies are classic.

This show is fascinating for Bonham's "haze". Particularly ALS, where he puts in one of the weakest and most off tempo fills I've ever heard him do. He should have done as he did in Hannover '80 and not play anything, leaving only silence. It would have been better.

He sure as hell made up for it 36 years ago tonight.

NFBM - 6.21.77

He sure as hell made up for it 36 years ago tonight.

NFBM - 6.21.77 No Doubt 6-21-1977 is the Best show of the tour and possibly their BEST-EVER? This show is atop the mountain the air above the din while firing on all cylinders that 5th-element is evident here-POWER,MYSTERY,& THE HAMMER OF THE GOD'S.

Can anyone explain to me what Page is doing from 3:44 to 3:51?

Just a guess, Geezer, but it sounds like he went off ALS as he stepped over to fix that thing on the floor (don't know what it is called) and forgot what he was playing/doing.

I've busted out my old Dragonfly vinyl For Badgeholders Only Vols. 1 & 2 for the 36th anniversary today (of course!)...I've heard this show a thousand times and, goddamn, the performance -and recording- still blows me away. As I've said before, in spite of the occasional technical whoopsie this could be the best Zeppelin performance of them all.

If I had a time machine, never mind killing Hitler or trying to prevent the JFK assassination, I'd settle just for going back and seeing this show. Strider and the others here on the forum who actually attended this gig were lucky motherfuckers one and all!

I've busted out my old Dragonfly vinyl For Badgeholders Only Vols. 1 & 2 for the 36th anniversary today (of course!)...I've heard this show a thousand times and, goddamn, the performance -and recording- still blows me away. As I've said before, in spite of the occasional technical whoopsie this could be the best Zeppelin performance of them all.

If I had a time machine, never mind killing Hitler or trying to prevent the JFK assassination, I'd settle just for going back and seeing this show. Strider and the others here on the forum who actually attended this gig were lucky motherfuckers one and all!

Believe me, I count my blessings that we just kinda RANDOMLY decided "Let's go to the third night" !!!!