Madison Square Garden 1977

Misfit

^^^^

The main source used for that June 11 show is probably the best sounding MSG '77 tape out there (killer "No Quarter" on that one too). "Second Night In The Garden" for June 8 is one of the worst '77 recordings IMO, pretty distant and muffled; there is an alternate June 8 source but it's not complete. All the MSG shows except for June 14 seem to have multiple recordings...and some of them are not that bad, but certainly not LA Millard standards. IMO:

June 7, the "Rawhide" recording.

June 8...SNITG is easier to find, but the alternate source sounds way better, though it misses about half of NQ and all of the drum and noise solos.

June 10, "Rock And Roll Circus".

June 11, that 'merge' version is the best and most complete for this show. SBD for NQ, TYG and BOE also circulates, and is essential '77.

June 13, "Over The Garden"

June 14, I have the TCOLZ, which I think is the only 'boot' of this show- tape only goes up to the first couple of minutes of the drum solo.

What is going on with the Rawhide thing popping up in the acoustic set on the 6/7/77 show?

:D I've wondered that myself...my guess is that Robert spotted somebody in the audience who for whatever reason reminded him of the old TV show- but who???...I think the funniest part of the whole bit is the timing of the firecracker!

Like Earls Court and the LA run, lotsa interesting Plantations from those New York shows.

I was actually thinking of getting into remastering boots, not sure what program to get though. Anyone got any ideas?

I use Sony Sound Forge for tweaking and editing audio. Fairly easy program to use, but it's not a freebie. For freebies try Wave Pad or Audacity, they're pretty good.

Remastering can be tricky, it can be a long, repetitive process involving a lotta trial and error...I tend to do so only for private consumption, 'cos everyone has their own preferences regarding sound. Trust your ears.

I use Sony Sound Forge for tweaking and editing audio. Fairly easy program to use, but it's not a freebie. For freebies try Wave Pad or Audacity, they're pretty good.

Remastering can be tricky, it can be a long, repetitive process involving a lotta trial and error...I tend to do so only for private consumption, 'cos everyone has their own preferences regarding sound. Trust your ears.

I shall 'acquire' Sound Forge. :P

The guy that sold me my Landover MD ticket for Memorial Day of 1977 had tickets to the MSG shows. I wonder if he ever regretted selling me the landover tickets? But he was a life saver. Whereever he is, thanks again buddy. You in the 66 yellow corvette

Amazing! Probably did regret it, but it was your gain and his loss!

Amazing! Probably did regret it, but it was your gain and his loss!

And he was actaually very fair with me. $35 a ticket in 1977 was more than it sounds like now. He was on a mission to get Elvis tickets too but I will never know if he was able to? And $100 apiece at the door that was offered was absolute desperation. Just think of what it would cost to see them now, and well beyond their prime and without Bonzo? Plenty. That is another reason I thought maybe they would join the long list of bands from back then. To get justly awarded at the windows. I mean, bands that are not worthy of tying the shoes of Led Zeppelin have sold tickets for prices that are just way too high. And unjustly. The three remaining members could make a ton of money if they chose to. Now that Lennon and Sinatra are gone, I cant think of any act that could even come close to what they could get.

:lol: I know what you mean by "acquire" but the only problem is once you crack it once, you cant crack it again. It didn't work for me.

It's all cracked and workin' fine for me. Pretty complicated program though.

• 1 month later...

***The Soundboard Revolution Rolls ON***

Led Zeppelin - Magical Sound Boogie (6/7/77 MSG - Previously Unreleased SB) Empress Valley Label. The Soundboard Revolution Series proudly presents for the very first and only time anywhere, the legendary 1st New York City 1977 show Complete and in Perfect Stereo Soundboard!!!

Can't wait for this one!!

should be good

maybe someone can comment on the performance before this comes out

i don't have any version of this one

This bootleg should be a killer. I've waited 33 years for this one! I'm biased, because this is the only Zep show I attended, but I think the performance was outstanding, especially for a 1977 show. I'm pretty confident this bootleg will BLOW away the other 1977 soundboards, and take it's rightful place as one of Zep's best ever boots. At least I hope so.

:blink:

Finally! Or maybe I should say 'about time'...an excellent 1977 show complete on soundboard. IMO Houston is sloppy and of the four Landover shows, the two out in SBD are the worst ones! Of course, we also finally get the Nutrocker in SBD as well, bonus!

So, what, are we going to see at least some of the MSG '77 shows in SBD now? I'd love to know what the fuck happened to the rest of the June 11 soundboard (the one we at least have the killer NQ for), that's one of my favourite '77 shows. June 8 would be nice to have on soundboard as well, the audience recordings are crap. There's at least two audience recordings for this June 7 show, one isn't bad and is in really wiiiiiiiide stereo (aka the 'Rawhide' source) and the other is the old 'Artie' tape where they don't shut the fuck up as usual. If the quality of this soundboard is anything like Houston, I reckon you could almost do a decent matrix with the Rawhide audience tapes (except where there are cuts).

Led Zeppelin - Magical Sound Boogie (6/7/77 MSG - Previously Unreleased SB) Empress Valley Label. The Soundboard Revolution Series proudly presents for the very first and only time anywhere, the legendary 1st New York City 1977 show Complete and in Perfect Stereo Soundboard!!!

When is this supposed to come out?? :drool:

Fucken aye!

Can't wait for this, the 7th is a killer show!

Sadly you are completely right again Nutrocker. I myself havnt found one good 77 sbd that sounds good and has the performance to back up the sound.. seems all the damn soundboards from 77 that are out are the worst shows! makes me angry. I myself stick to Mikes aud tapes cuz the forum shows were very good. The 25th La forum show is my fav. Jimmy is probably sober on this night as he nails the solos.

Archived