Jimmy Page book: post in here when you receive your copy!

hecube

yes of course...

i 've exchanged a couple of emails with david and he hasnt shown me any indication there will be any further delay. but it also depends on when you placed your order. i ve been told that i am in the first 500 so i think mine will be shipped along with the first batch.

yes of course...

i 've exchanged a couple of emails with david and he hasnt shown me any indication there will be any further delay. but it also depends on when you placed your order. i ve been told that i am in the first 500 so i think mine will be shipped along with the first batch.

Well that's encouraging news. I ordered mine at the end of May, so I very much doubt that I'm in the frist 500. :( But I look forward to hearing when everyone receives theirs.

I ordered mine the first or second day after the book went on sale, so should hopefully be in the first batch.

The 'LID' magazine arrived on Friday which has some pictures from the book, and an Interview with JP about the book.

Cannot wait for the book now!

Well that's encouraging news. I ordered mine at the end of May, so I very much doubt that I'm in the frist 500. :( But I look forward to hearing when everyone receives theirs.

I just called them. I talked with Robby Elson and he told me that they will probably get the first batch this week. He wasn't really sure about it. Then he said that i shouldn't be worried cause everybody that ordered before august 14th will get their copy before christmas...blink.gif

so yeah... go figure hysterical.gif

http://www.nme.com/photos/photos-from-jimmy-pages-autobiography/192957/2/1

here is about as close as you can get right now

Wow! The studio session photos are stunning.

It's a timeless mystery, how can Page look so cool and gorgeous, even while wearing the geekiest, most awkward clothing: polyester shirts with geometric designs, a cowboy hat and shiny silk shirt... one imagines he could wear a little girl's plastic barrettes in his hair and still radiate that "Hammer of the Gods" gravitas.

It's a timeless mystery, how can Page look so cool and gorgeous, even while wearing the geekiest, most awkward clothing: polyester shirts with geometric designs, a cowboy hat and shiny silk shirt... one imagines he could wear a little girl's plastic barrettes in his hair and still radiate that "Hammer of the Gods" gravitas.

No kidding. :lol:

just popped over to the Elms Lesters Gallery during the lunch break. yesterday's private party seemed to have been a who's who in rock (ronnie woods, luke morley etc were in attendance). The gallery is small but i reckon there are around 30-40 pages from the book on display, and all those who have ordered one, you are in for a treat. Also on display was the entire back catalogue from Genesis and there are some absolute gems for xmas lists in the not so distant future, especially the Storm Thorgerson box is mindblowing.

Jimmy's book was on display as well of course and seeing it in the flash explains a lot why there are shipping delays (and speaking to the guys there only 800-900 will reach its recipients before xmas). The book is just stunning, the printing of the photos is as good as i have seen (and having a brother who is a photographer i have seen a lot), the anecdotes next to the picture are intriguing and full of insight, and the quality of the binding etc is a true piece of artisan mastery.

Whoever claimed that this cost only € 20 to manufacture needs to get their ass down there today or tomorrow and he will eat his words...

Having seen it now in the flash, i fully appreciate the work that goes into this, and i honestly don't care how long i have to wait, as I know when it arrives I own a real piece of art...

In terms of freebies there obviously wasn't anything apart from the genesis catalogue and a flyer promoting the exhibition...

Here are some shots from the gallery and the flyer.

post-6735-056169200 1288967934_thumb.jpg

post-6735-056491100 1288967997_thumb.jpg

post-6735-032742100 1288968016_thumb.jpg

i just posted on the news section but i just went to the exhibition and they have a copy of the book, i think i could be the only person to have looked through it and not bought it, the man there said it was delivered to the gallery last night straight from the printers! i got my led poisoned hands all over it, not to worry, it was covered in perspex"

i just posted on the news section but i just went to the exhibition and they have a copy of the book, i think i could be the only person to have looked through it and not bought it, the man there said it was delivered to the gallery last night straight from the printers! i got my led poisoned hands all over it, not to worry, it was covered in perspex"

Too cool. Which version of the book did you see? The crazy expensive one or the slightly less crazy expensive one? I have ordered the slightly less crazy expensive one, but I sometimes wonder if I should have gone for the other.

just popped over to the Elms Lesters Gallery during the lunch break. yesterday's private party seemed to have been a who's who in rock (ronnie woods, luke morley etc were in attendance). The gallery is small but i reckon there are around 30-40 pages from the book on display, and all those who have ordered one, you are in for a treat. Also on display was the entire back catalogue from Genesis and there are some absolute gems for xmas lists in the not so distant future, especially the Storm Thorgerson box is mindblowing.

Jimmy's book was on display as well of course and seeing it in the flash explains a lot why there are shipping delays (and speaking to the guys there only 800-900 will reach its recipients before xmas). The book is just stunning, the printing of the photos is as good as i have seen (and having a brother who is a photographer i have seen a lot), the anecdotes next to the picture are intriguing and full of insight, and the quality of the binding etc is a true piece of artisan mastery.

Whoever claimed that this cost only € 20 to manufacture needs to get their ass down there today or tomorrow and he will eat his words...

Having seen it now in the flash, i fully appreciate the work that goes into this, and i honestly don't care how long i have to wait, as I know when it arrives I own a real piece of art...

In terms of freebies there obviously wasn't anything apart from the genesis catalogue and a flyer promoting the exhibition...

Here are some shots from the gallery and the flyer.

post-6735-056169200 1288967934_thumb.jpg

post-6735-056491100 1288967997_thumb.jpg

post-6735-032742100 1288968016_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much for posting these details. I am so excited about getting my book and was so glad to read that you thought it was 'stunning'! :thumbsup: I wonder if I'm in the first 800-900, I might have to phone Genesis on Monday and find out! :D I have the 'cheaper' version coming.

Too cool. Which version of the book did you see? The crazy expensive one or the slightly less crazy expensive one? I have ordered the slightly less crazy expensive one, but I sometimes wonder if I should have gone for the other.

it was the cheaper version on display, but the dude from genesis mentioned that for some (unexplained) reason it was the one actually harder to produce...

i think considering the content is the same, the few extra £££s for the special version are not really warranted.

it was the cheaper version on display, but the dude from genesis mentioned that for some (unexplained) reason it was the one actually harder to produce...

i think considering the content is the same, the few extra £££s for the special version are not really warranted.

Outstanding! I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I emailed Genesis last night to ask them when I should expect to receive my copy of Jimmy's book. They emailed me back this morning stating:

As outlined in the last update issued at the end of September books ordered before August 18th should be ready to ship before Christmas. Your order was processed on June 1st.

You have been allocated copy number 1067.

I hope this helps anyone else who's patiently waiting. :)

Archived