Jimmy Page book: post in here when you receive your copy!

hecube

The biggest problem I had (after the price), was that although they were "Limited Editions" there wasn't a "one copy only' policy in place (if in fact it was ever released with the "fans" totally in mind), ensuring that it went to those who'd treasure it most and not end up as a mere commodity to buy and sell.

The investment value would've remained and eliminated potential profiteering as seen on Ebay.

Blind Freddy could see it would increase in value.

Anyone paying 2000 quid hoping to recoup their initial outlay and make a profit will be waiting a long time for a return on their investment, IMO.

Besides who on this forum is willing to pay that amount anyway and conversely would ever sell their copy, at any price?

It'd be interesting to know and the reasoning behind it.

Also, Does anyone think it'd be disappointing, that if a member of this forum had to sell it (say for hardship reasons), they didn't offer it up here first at a reasonable price on a first come, first served basis?

It's obvious collectors have (probably) got it and contrary to popular belief they don't buy and sell very much between themselves unless they have multiple copies.

BTW, if I could've afforded it I would've purchased one myself.

I was surprised that Genesis didn't implement a one copy only policy to customers. I wasn't until I read on here that someone had bought two copies of Deluxe edition that I realised they hadn't.

My book was bought for me as a gift. I wouldn't have had the money anyway to buy a second copy. The point I was making was if I'd had two copies and faced financial hardship, I could have kept my original copy and sold one. I wouldn't be faced with the dilemma of whether to part with it.

I'm sure the people who are buying them on ebay for the extortionate prices they're going for are genuine fans. Afterall not all Led Zeppelin fans are members of LedZeppelin.com.

Anyway, I feel extremely fortunate to have one copy coming my way, hopefully very soon...

...but the book is sanctioned by a member of the group. :unsure:

If I see that quote used out of context on the net again I'm going to fucking scream.

I have to agree Steve. The book is an insight into Page's musical life by Page himself. It doesn't get much better than that (apart from seeing Zeppelin live of course, which I'm too young to have ever witnessed).

Does anyone think it'd be disappointing, that if a member of this forum had to sell it (say for hardship reasons), they didn't offer it

here first at a reasonable price on a first come, first served basis?

Frankly, if that were the case why would they offer it here at a reasonable amount first? I should think if they had to sell one for hardship reasons it would be in their self-interest to reap the highest amount possible, which would mean an auction site listing.

Even if they did sell one here for what the purchaser felt was a reasonable amount you can bet someone in the peanut gallery would villify the seller as a profiteer. Hell, I still recall the online criticism I took for releasing a previously uncirculating Led Zep

concert recording in a 100% non-profit manner. Sadly, a public offering such as you suggest just isn't worth the aggravation.

If I see that quote used out of context on the net again I'm going to fucking scream.

Wow another emoticon SAJ, you have mellowed over the years, thats nice to see :bubble: , Well I have my ear plugs in if you want to....well you know :whistling: ?? also why the unsure face, the book is sanctioned by a member of the group as you kindly pointed out, and although my quote is kind of out of context, it was meant to be for the poster saying that on Ebay the books are being sold for I guess double the money they have just bought them for, touting so to speak and I remember the outcry when the o2 tickets where allegedly passing hands for lots of cash, same here. There is nothing worse than someone buying something then selling it straight away, not actually interseted in the book, just a quick buck and am sure the late great Peter Grant would agree.

Feel free to scream though. But next time wash your mouth out with bleach for the foul language, its not being very big swearing at me old chap.

For people with the book, I hope you enjoy as they look very classy and glad your not selling for a quick buck/pound or whatever the currency is in your local.

QUOTE Peter Grant 1973

"Its f*cking typical as long as you can screw an extra few bob out of the group"

I'm all ears. :whistling::lol:

Regards, Danny

The book does look marvelous. :)

I think it's amazing everyone is so patient with the Genesis company.

For that kind of money and their prestige as a publishing house you would think they could do better than getting the book out in small dribs and drabs.

Waiting weeks and weeks.....that would make me crazy! It's poor customer service unless there is a really good reason. Even then they should comp the buyer in a very generous manner if they are indeed a customer oriented business. Just my 2 cents......missy

Hope it's alright to ask on this thread, but those of you that have a very high number like #2325....do you really think the book will come by the end of the month?

The book does look marvelous. :)

I think it's amazing everyone is so patient with the Genesis company.

For that kind of money and their prestige as a publishing house you would think they could do better than getting the book out in small dribs and drabs.

Waiting weeks and weeks.....that would make me crazy! It's poor customer service unless there is a really good reason. Even then they should comp the buyer in a very generous manner if they are indeed a customer oriented business. Just my 2 cents......missy

Hope it's alright to ask on this thread, but those of you that have a very high number like #2325....do you really think the book will come by the end of the month?

Hi missy

Yes, it's been a long haul. I ordered my book at the end of May. Most of us on here were told that we'd get our books before Christmas. As you can probably gather, most of us are only just receiving or are still waiting. I have #1067 and I was told by Genesis today that I'll get it in the last week of January (which probably means sometime in February!). :rolleyes:

In terms of compensation, Genesis sent us a £40 voucher off our next purchase which is a bit of a joke really since all their books start at the £200 mark. I know mine is a one off purchase.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait when I eventually do get it, but, yes, it is very frustrating waiting so long.

Magic

Hi missy

Yes, it's been a long haul. I ordered my book at the end of May. Most of us on here were told that we'd get our books before Christmas. As you can probably gather, most of us are only just receiving or are still waiting. I have #1067 and I was told by Genesis today that I'll get it in the last week of January (which probably means sometime in February!). :rolleyes:

In terms of compensation, Genesis sent us a £40 voucher off our next purchase which is a bit of a joke really since all their books start at the £200 mark. I know mine is a one off purchase.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait when I eventually do get it, but, yes, it is very frustrating waiting so long.

Magic

That is a joke £40 pound token, its not good enough is it really, nothing worse than having t wait longer than you should .

I was stunned by the pictures with Brian Jones as they are working on the Degree of Murder soundtrack, taken by Ian Stewart. I knew he did it but the pictures are extremely interesting.

Jimmy and Brian together??!! :o:faint1:

In the past I've seen several photos of Jimmy (bowing his guitar) and Brian working in the studio on the ADOM soundtrack but I'm not sure if these are the same ones that Jimmy selected for his book:

http://i219.photobuc...ry/JPBJADOM.jpg

I received my book yesterday. It is worth the wait and every penny. Holding it, touching it, smelling it, looking and running a finger on every detail of its beautiful facture, is already completely satisfying. It's a piece of art. And for the contents, it is perfect to me. It's been created by the author, it contains what Jimmy Page considers to be worth and significative and that's all that matters. Thanks again Mr Page for another stunning creation!

QUOTE Peter Grant 1973

"Its f*cking typical as long as you can screw an extra few bob out of the group"

I'm all ears. :whistling::lol:

Regards, Danny

Stoking the flames there are we old bud B)

Just received my copy today. (#5XX) Very impressed with the production quality through-out. My favorite photo is the one with Jimmy paying live in Neil Christian and The Crusaders. Looks like he ran and slid on both knees to the front of the stage while playing a "cheap" guitar. The person who took the photo was on the stage to Jimmy's near left (very close). Second favorite is the photos of Jimmy in the studio in mid 1966 showing Brian Jones (of the Stones) how he plays his telecaster (pre-paint job) with a violin bow. (Jimmy was hired to play on a movie soundtrack produced by Brian).

Most of the Zeppelin photos has already been seen before. I wish there were more studio shots. (Only a couple of the Zeppelin II sessions are included)

The book starts off with "It Might Get Loud" and and ends with "It Might Get Louder..."

The silence on the Jimmy Page front is deafening.

Just received my copy today. (#5XX) Very impressed with the production quality through-out. My favorite photo is the one with Jimmy paying live in Neil Christian and The Crusaders. Looks like he ran and slid on both knees to the front of the stage while playing a "cheap" guitar. The person who took the photo was on the stage to Jimmy's near left (very close). Second favorite is the photos of Jimmy in the studio in mid 1966 showing Brian Jones (of the Stones) how he plays his telecaster (pre-paint job) with a violin bow. (Jimmy was hired to play on a movie soundtrack produced by Brian).

Most of the Zeppelin photos has already been seen before. I wish there were more studio shots. (Only a couple of the Zeppelin II sessions are included)

The book starts off with "It Might Get Loud" and and ends with "It Might Get Louder..."

The silence on the Jimmy Page front is deafening.

What do you mean by that?

In the past I've seen several photos of Jimmy (bowing his guitar) and Brian working in the studio on the ADOM soundtrack but I'm not sure if these are the same ones that Jimmy selected for his book:

http://i219.photobuc...ry/JPBJADOM.jpg

Yes. That picture has its own page. Then there are two others, one with Jimmy and Brian with someone else, possibly an engineer, then one of Jimmy alone as he bows the guitar.

No solo/group music. No solo/group tours, no solo/group shows.

I believe he retired but won't admit it..

How can you explain that he himself has said he wants to get out and play again? Now that the book is done, hopefully it will give him more time.

don't get yourself too hyped up, if he does something it will be a 2-3 song appearance like he did with the foo fighters...

don't forget now, he is 67 and his music can't be played live sitting on a chair like bb king :)

i just think its a shame that we didn't get an album of inspiring and innovative guitar playing and production like we all know he is capable of stereo.gif

How can you explain that he himself has said he wants to get out and play again? Now that the book is done, hopefully it will give him more time.

He has said that he wanted to go back out on tour with new music a few years ago multiple times. I realize his age, that is why I believe he is retired. He has every right to be. He has done plenty.

My preference would be new music alone. I believe he is a fantastic writer and producer.

He has said that he wanted to go back out on tour with new music a few years ago multiple times. I realize his age, that is why I believe he is retired. He has every right to be. He has done plenty.

My preference would be new music alone. I believe he is a fantastic writer and producer.

I would be very happy if he did that. I don't expect a tour.

I would be very happy if he did that. I don't expect a tour.

Jim Will do some gigs, why wouldn't he, he is only 67, this isn't 1890 when we were dead at 50.

Nice Book by the way.

Archived