Jimmy Page book: post in here when you receive your copy!

hecube

I've just got my book! :thumbsup: I wasn't expecting it until next week, so it was a lovely surprise! :D

The quality is amazing, and the pictures are simply stunning. I've only had a quick look through it, there's so much to look at. I really love it. :wub:

Some pictures below:

Pagebook_1.jpg

Pagebook_2.jpg

I'm off to have a good browse! :book:

I don't have the time or inclination but I was thinking it would be nice if someone out there set up a registry website where those who own the book could share basic details. They would simply send the webmaster a jpeg of the signature card as proof of ownership/authentication of their entry.

Example (fictional):

Book Owner

Signature Card

Comments

Opening Ceremony/Ownership Links

#0001 Jimmy Page London jpeg

#0002 Ross Halfin Cheam jpeg

#0003 (anonymous) Los Angeles, CA jpeg A work of art

#0004 (anonymous) Peoria, IL jpeg Prized possession Photo Link, Video Link

etc.

I think it would be interesting to see how this project manifested itself around the world and I imagine each of the opening ceremonies would be as unique as the people who acquired the book. Anyway, given my level of ambition is just to propose this idea perhaps someone will take this and run with it!

I don't have the time or inclination but I was thinking it would be nice if someone out there set up a registry website where those who own the book could share basic details. They would simply send the webmaster a jpeg of the signature card as proof of ownership/authentication of their entry.

Example (fictional):

Book Owner

Signature Card

Comments

Opening Ceremony/Ownership Links

#0001 Jimmy Page London jpeg

#0002 Ross Halfin Cheam jpeg

#0003 (anonymous) Los Angeles, CA jpeg A work of art

#0004 (anonymous) Peoria, IL jpeg Prized possession Photo Link, Video Link

etc.

I think it would be interesting to see how this project manifested itself around the world and I imagine each of the opening ceremonies would be as unique as the people who acquired the book. Anyway, given my level of ambition is just to propose this idea perhaps someone will take this and run with it!

I think I would be concerned with issues like break-in and theft if this information were made public...

I've just got my book! :thumbsup: I wasn't expecting it until next week, so it was a lovely surprise! :D

The quality is amazing, and the pictures are simply stunning. I've only had a quick look through it, there's so much to look at. I really love it. :wub:

Some pictures below:

Pagebook_1.jpg

Pagebook_2.jpg

Congratulations!

Is that a stain we see besides the signature?

It came and then so did I!

I don't know what to do with this thing other than enjoy the heck out of it.

This book is way out of my league and I have no idea how to store it or display it or what I should do with it other than oogle over it's pages.

It's definitely not a coffee table book. Not with my genius friends running around.

Congratulations!

Is that a stain we see besides the signature?

No it's not a stain on the book, it's probably a grubby fingerprint on my camera lens! That same fingerprint is on the bag in the other photo as well. My great photography skills in action! :rolleyes: Although there is tiny dot/mark just above Jimmy's signature. It's not that noticeable, but you can see it in the photo. I'm going to tell myself it's a small stain Jimmy made when signing it. That way I can live with it! :D

I've been having a good look through it this afternoon and I think the book is amazing. It more than meets my expectations. :)

Some pictures below:

Pagebook_1.jpg

Pagebook_2.jpg

I am so happy it finally arrived for you. :D I love it too. Enjoy. ;)

I just compared the signatures of the signature pages on the three pics posted so far and the signatures are definitely unique. That was a big concern at some point (there was a rumor stating that it would be a one-off signature applied to all books).

I think I would be concerned with issues like break-in and theft if this information were made public...

Perhaps it wasn't clear entries could even be limited to book #, location and the signature card

#0001 London, England (signature card jpg)

#0002 Cheam, England (signature card jpg)

etc.

I just compared the signatures of the signature pages on the three pics posted so far and the signatures are definitely unique. That was a big concern at some point (there was a rumor stating that it would be a one-off signature applied to all books).

That's right, there seems to be different size loops in each signature. That really makes every book unique. B)

That's right, there seems to be different size loops in each signature. That really makes every book unique. B)

CONGRATULATIONS Magic and guitarmy anfd lake63!!! I know How excited I was when it finally arrived. I have looked at this book about 7 times already. So glad all of you have it :D

Perhaps it wasn't clear entries could even be limited to book #, location and the signature card

#0001 London, England (signature card jpg)

#0002 Cheam, England (signature card jpg)

etc.

Great idea. I posted the actual book and signature card. Anything else you were looking for?

No it's not a stain on the book, it's probably a grubby fingerprint on my camera lens! That same fingerprint is on the bag in the other photo as well. My great photography skills in action! :rolleyes: Although there is tiny dot/mark just above Jimmy's signature. It's not that noticeable, but you can see it in the photo. I'm going to tell myself it's a small stain Jimmy made when signing it. That way I can live with it! :D

I've been having a good look through it this afternoon and I think the book is amazing. It more than meets my expectations. :)

Hi Magic it could be a sweat stain after Jimmy signing all those books, which would make yours truly unique :thumbsup:

I hope you are wearing cotton gloves when turning those precious pages.

Enjoy. :wave:

P.S Thank you for than little taster

Hi Magic it could be a sweat stain after Jimmy signing all those books, which would make yours truly unique :thumbsup:

I hope you are wearing cotton gloves when turning those precious pages.

Enjoy. :wave:

P.S Thank you for than little taster

Hi Fool

That's what I keep telling myself, the blemish was created by Jimmy himself! :D The book though is truly stunning and was well worth the wait. I've spent hours this afternoon just looking through it. No I haven't been wearing cotton gloves. I thought I would be afraid to handle it when it arrived but I'm just enjoying looking at it and not worrying about it (although I make sure I give my hands a good wash before I touch it! :rolleyes: ).

I have taken so many great photos to email to my friend Kiwi. Once everyone on here has received their books I'll be posting lots of the photos to share with my other friends on here. ;)

Hi Fool

That's what I keep telling myself, the blemish was created by Jimmy himself! :D The book though is truly stunning and was well worth the wait. I've spent hours this afternoon just looking through it. No I haven't been wearing cotton gloves. I thought I would be afraid to handle it when it arrived but I'm just enjoying looking at it and not worrying about it (although I make sure I give my hands a good wash before I touch it! :rolleyes: ).

I have taken so many great photos to email to my friend Kiwi. Once everyone on here has received their books I'll be posting lots of the photos to share with my other friends on here. ;)

Hi magic,

I hope to see lots of photos from you in the near future.

I'm glad you never wore gloves you have handled those pages and got a real feel for the book.

It was intended to be looked at, wishing you many more hours with you precious purchase. :book:

Hi Magic,

Have you checked with Admin about whether you have permission to post photos from the book? what with copyright and all?

I wouldn't want you getting in to trouble with the Forum Police, you might end up sharing a cell with me in Siberia. :o:lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Danny

No I haven't checked with Admin yet. I didn't even think about copyright. I don't want to end up confined in a gulag! :o

Some other members have posted a couple of photos from the book, but I will check before I post anything! Thanks! ;)

Magic

Hi Fool

Hi sweetie! :wave:

I received your emails today! You really made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay::wub:

Archived