Jimmy Page book: post in here when you receive your copy!

hecube

This from my friend, life-long Led Zeppelin enthusiast Rick Barrett...

Dear Led Zeppelin fan,

I hope things are going well in your world wherever you are. I am delighted to report that today I received the Deluxe Edition of the Genesis Publications Jimmy Page book which many (including myself!) have been anticipating for some time now. Instead of just ripping open the package, I decided to share the moment with fellow Zeppelin fans.

I hope everyone respects my choice, in deference to Jimmy Page and Genesis Publications, to refrain from showing the book's photographs in detail; instead I just did a flip through to get the feel of the more than 400 beautiful pages. My intention to film this was to share my excitement about receiving the piece as well as share the incredible quality of the item itself "in person" as best I could, especially for those who may not be familiar with Genesis and their high standards.

Shortly after filming the short clip, I took time to look at the book in depth; as you can imagine once I started looking at it, I simply couldn't set it down! I spent nearly TWO HOURS taking in every page, reading every caption, and examining the credits as well; it was a wonderful experience that I'm grateful to have been able to enjoy. I am impressed with the love, attention, networking and care that took place to produce this amazing book; for me, I believe the long wait for it just added to my excitement level once I sat down with it.

The piece is now back in its original cardboard box, packed up exactly as it was when it arrived (even back inside the black plastic mailing materials), and it's alongside other treasures in my Led Zeppelin library. I'm sure it will be magnificent to enjoy again and share with others whenever the time is right…

Happy Holidays to everyone; if I can be of any help with any Zeppelin memorabilia questions, please let me know, and I'll do my best to help however I can.

Whole Lotta Love,

Rick Barrett

Rick Barrett

P.O. Box 66262

Houston, TX 77266-6262 U.S.A.

RickBarrettMail@comcast.net

http://www.zeppelincollectibles.com

For those interested, my current selection of Zeppelin collectibles for sale are all here at this link…

http://stores.ebay.com/Ricks-Cool-Collectibles

Steve,

Thanks for the post.

Rick,

Very well said, indeed. This book and the quality of its every detail is absolutely fantastic in every way. Very Jimmy Page and absolutely perfect like the perfectionist himself. I very much agree that it 's very important to cherish the whole process of receiving this special work of art. I also concur that this book is much better witnessed in person and a simple photograph could never do justice to such a fantastic piece and its incredible contents. I can only hope everyone enjoyed my initial photos as much as they enjoy your film clip.

However one chooses to enjoy their experience with this fantastic work of art I truly hope that everyone enjoys this book in a manner that is as special to you as it was to me. Like the magical experience of witnessing the O2 reunion concert after 30+ years of hoping, receiving this book has made me cherish Jimmy Page, his will, and his total influence on my life even more than I could have imagined. I certainly look forward to enjoying this treasure well into the future, eventually passing along my books to my kin with the hope of extending the legacy of this great person and his accomplishments.

Hope all is well.

Cheers, Matt

When did you order yours? I ordered mine Collector edition) on April 8th and I was just told before Christmas last week. It still hasn't come. I was told they were waiting to get it from the binders.

I ordered mine on April 15 (invoice not dated until June though). I thought I had read (either on this board or an email from Genesis) that any order placed before August 14 would get theirs by Christmas, but I guess with the extra delays that wasn't going to be happening. I had emailed Genesis asking when they thought my book would ship (I was concerned because I'm having it shipped to my husband's job & they're closed between Christmas & New Years) and they told me that while it was possible that my book would arrive there from the bindery before Dec 23 it was more likely that it would arrive there in January (evidently the bindery as well as Genesis is also closed during that time).

Hopefully, since you ordered a week earlier than me, you'll have your book by Christmas. :)

Do you know what number you are getting?

No- I had thought about asking, but I think I'd like to be surprised.

I ordered mine on April 15 (invoice not dated until June though). I thought I had read (either on this board or an email from Genesis) that any order placed before August 14 would get theirs by Christmas, but I guess with the extra delays that wasn't going to be happening. I had emailed Genesis asking when they thought my book would ship (I was concerned because I'm having it shipped to my husband's job & they're closed between Christmas & New Years) and they told me that while it was possible that my book would arrive there from the bindery before Dec 23 it was more likely that it would arrive there in January (evidently the bindery as well as Genesis is also closed during that time).

Hopefully, since you ordered a week earlier than me, you'll have your book by Christmas. :)

No- I had thought about asking, but I think I'd like to be surprised.

Thank you for posting these details. I ordered mine on 31 May and my invoice is dated 1 June, so I think I will receive mine after yours. It's a bit disappointing to know that we're probably going have to wait until January, but at least we know it's coming. I just wish Genesis would contact us and let us know what the situation is.

Looks like a Deluxe edition of the book sold on eBay for $2500 and another one

is up where the starting bid is $3500 with a Buy It Now price for $5000! I should

have bought another one! Glad to have one Deluxe edition though.

This is my 1st Genesis book. How much have the other books appreciated? What

do you think this book will be worth 5 years from now? $5000? $7500? $10k????

I contacted Genesis yesterday to ask if I can still expect to receive my book (#1067) before Christmas and this is what they said:

We are all working to a schedule that is getting tighter by the minute with Christmas looming. Having sent out around 500 books so far, we will receive another 400 from the binders in Italy by next Tuesday. Unfortunately it looks like yours is not amongst them.

However, even though the last shipment will leave Milan on Friday, the binders will carry on binding books for orders through the weekend up until Tuesday. They will then ship direct via UPS. Your order is one of these. I'm hoping that you will receive your book before Christmas but if not, shortly afterwards when business starts up again.

Sorry I can't be even more precise but hoping that you will bear with us.

Best wishes for the season and kind regards

David

I contacted Genesis yesterday to ask if I can still expect to receive my book (#1067) before Christmas and this is what they said:

We are all working to a schedule that is getting tighter by the minute with Christmas looming. Having sent out around 500 books so far, we will receive another 400 from the binders in Italy by next Tuesday. Unfortunately it looks like yours is not amongst them.

However, even though the last shipment will leave Milan on Friday, the binders will carry on binding books for orders through the weekend up until Tuesday. They will then ship direct via UPS. Your order is one of these. I'm hoping that you will receive your book before Christmas but if not, shortly afterwards when business starts up again.

Sorry I can't be even more precise but hoping that you will bear with us.

Best wishes for the season and kind regards

David

Well I'm in this next batch then. My number is 700-something...

I heard from Genesis this morning:

Afternoon Alexandra,

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your question.

We are in the process of contacting all our subscribers with an update on their order.

To answer your query, we have been told by our master binders in Milan that we will be shipping your book in time for Christmas (if not it will be first thing in January).

Apologies for the delay; we do not mean to keep you in the dark and are in constant communication with our bindery, it just happens that this is an extremely complicated bind - perspex covers are a very new material to bind properly and we have very high standards, which has meant that each book is taking slightly longer than anticipated to complete - which in turn means that we are receiving fewer books than promised.

We appreciate all our customers and are sure that when you receive your copy of this sold out edition you will not be disappointed.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

All the best, Bruce

I don't know what my book number is. I just know I ordered it April 8th as per my orginal order.

Thanks, Magic Fills the Air, now I know it should come by UPS.

I heard from Genesis this morning:

Afternoon Alexandra,

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your question.

We are in the process of contacting all our subscribers with an update on their order.

To answer your query, we have been told by our master binders in Milan that we will be shipping your book in time for Christmas (if not it will be first thing in January).

Apologies for the delay; we do not mean to keep you in the dark and are in constant communication with our bindery, it just happens that this is an extremely complicated bind - perspex covers are a very new material to bind properly and we have very high standards, which has meant that each book is taking slightly longer than anticipated to complete - which in turn means that we are receiving fewer books than promised.

We appreciate all our customers and are sure that when you receive your copy of this sold out edition you will not be disappointed.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

All the best, Bruce

I don't know what my book number is. I just know I ordered it April 8th as per my orginal order.

Thanks, Magic Fills the Air, now I know it should come by UPS.

You're very welcome. My invoice is dated 1 June, so I expect that your book will almost certainly be in the next batch that is shipping out of Italy today. Mine should be leaving Milan on Tuesday. Anyway, it's getting close now, and I'm very excited! :D

Ross Halfin has received his deluxe copy, which is number '2'. If the rumour that JP has book number 666 is true, then who has the Deluxe Edition Number '1'?

Source: Ross Halfin's Diary

December 17

Snowing in London again - cold, cold, cold. I got my Deluxe copy of the Jimmy Page book (I have number 2) and after becoming a bit blase about it, looking at it now I think it is a stunning book.

Ross Halfin has received his deluxe copy, which is number '2'. If the rumour that JP has book number 666 is true, then who has the Deluxe Edition Number '1'?

Source: Ross Halfin's Diary

December 17

Snowing in London again - cold, cold, cold. I got my Deluxe copy of the Jimmy Page book (I have number 2) and after becoming a bit blase about it, looking at it now I think it is a stunning book.

Jimmy was probably presented #1 (deluxe edition) by Genesis. I can confirm he reserved #666 (non deluxe edition) for himself.

Jimmy was probably presented #1 (deluxe edition) by Genesis. I can confirm he reserved #666 (non deluxe edition) for himself.

Thanks Steve. I'm guessing here, but I imagine Jimmy would probably buy copies for his children, as well.

With regard as to when the next batch of books will be shipped, I was speaking to a retail manager yesterday who sources a lot of his stock from Italy. He told me that the Italians close down their production for the entire festive period, not returning to work until the second week in January. Therefore, it's anybody's guess as to when all the orders will be fulfilled. It's been a long haul.

With regard as to when the next batch of books will be shipped, I was speaking to a retail manager yesterday who sources a lot of his stock from Italy. He told me that the Italians close down their production for the entire festive period, not returning to work until the second week in January. Therefore, it's anybody's guess as to when all the orders will be fulfilled. It's been a long haul.

It is a fact most will not receive their books before Christmas, and it's quite likely the last batch won't ship until February 2011.

Thanks Steve. I'm guessing here, but I imagine Jimmy would probably buy copies for his children, as well.

Kenog, I was told by Genesis that the binders would be working all weekend to get the next batch of books finished to ship on Tuesday next week, which includes my copy. It sounds like they're working very hard, but it's only right that they, like everyone else, should get time off over Christmas. I am happy to wait for mine until then. :)

You're very welcome. My invoice is dated 1 June, so I expect that your book will almost certainly be in the next batch that is shipping out of Italy today. Mine should be leaving Milan on Tuesday. Anyway, it's getting close now, and I'm very excited! :D

I truely hope so. It will have been a year since I first heard about the book from Ross's diary. It's what I want most of all, so it's quite fitting if it comes by Christmas, but it's going to be really close if it does, if they are shipping Tuesday. I am in the States. And yes, I can't even describe my excitement. It feels like I have been waiting longer since June.

I received my copy (requested number 333 received!!)

I cherish this book very much. It weighs a ton and I never wanna

finish it. It's like a little treasure I know I have stashed away I can look

at whenever I want.

It is an extremely beautiful book. I like everything about it. I also read Jimmy's

words as a treasure very dear to my heart. When I saw that first picture and read

the line where he said he wanted to present something giving an account of his

contribution to music, I got real emotional and teary-eyed.

Thanks Jimmy. This will be your ultimate gift to me. I almost feel like it is a personal

gift handed from you to each of us fans who dearly wanted it. You made that feeling happen.

Thank you so much. Let's hope it does indeed get louder.

I am number 440 and received yesterday the promotional material and a letter appologizing for the delay (the same one as others have received), so I expect that I will not be getting mine until the new year. Sounds like they are having a terrible time with the binding. I presume this also does not bode well for those with numbers above 440.

Archived