Pontiac Silverdome Footage

tom kid

OKay kids get this straight! there is no greater zeppelin collector than Page himself. He was the leader, guitarist and producer of the band. He avidly collects every live document of the band by going around the world in bootleg shops. I personally have no doubt in my mind that if Zeppelin was recorded on any night by any "professionals" that he definitely has it. He is that kind of man. So stop speculating whether they exist or not. If they exist they are either in circulation among the rapid bootleg community or in his hands. There is no Secret Council of bootlegers keeping them to themselves. That is absurd people. If it exists the major labels get there hands on it before any hoarding idiot.

Edited by ThelegendaryZepp

Oh and Weedwacker is completely right. Never believe people on forums like these who brag about their so called zeppelin collection...I mean even if they have half of what they are talking about it still makes them a loser for spending thousands of dollars on bootlegs that anyone with half a brain can get for free online. I for one wouldnt spend hard earned money on half the boots i own...and i own some great boots.

There is no Secret Council of bootlegers keeping them to themselves. That is absurd people. If it exists the major labels get there hands on it before any hoarding idiot.

I'm sorry but that's exactly how it is. These people are not the mafia or anything but they're not gonna trade Zep masters with just anybody are they. And "major labels" don't sell bootlegs, shady labels from Japan do. There is no way on the face of this planet Jimmy will officially release a bootleg.

And Jimmy would never release the Detroit/Seattle stuff either, because it wasn't multitracked.

Oh and Weedwacker is completely right. Never believe people on forums like these who brag about their so called zeppelin collection...I mean even if they have half of what they are talking about it still makes them a loser for spending thousands of dollars on bootlegs that anyone with half a brain can get for free online. I for one wouldnt spend hard earned money on half the boots i own...and i own some great boots.

I think you've misunderstood here, these people don't trade what you or I can get for free on the net, they are concerned with masters or copies of shows that have not been released yet. Usually these tapes "do the rounds" between collectors ("hoarders" as you like to say), and then they are released to people like us for free. THEN bootleg companies will just grab that and print it profesionally, thus pissing people off even further.

Fact is, if these "losers" didn't spend their hard-earned money on tapes, we wouldn't have had half of the stuff we have!

And btw, it's not any loser who confirmed the existence of the Pontiac video, I don't know weedwacker but I have every reason to believe that person is on his "trust list".

Edited by Henrik

I'm sorry but that's exactly how it is. These people are not the mafia or anything but they're not gonna trade Zep masters with just anybody are they.

[/quote

Oh of course Henrik i agree. But what they will do is give Major labels An alternate copy. Companies like Empress Valley pay alot of money to get any version of an unreleased Zeppelin concert. Masters are exactly that Masters. They stay in the hands of their masters lol. But never forget the cold words of a Capitalist. "Everyone has a price". And I agree.

Henrik i realize that if collectors didnt buy cds that we wouldnt have them shared for free online. I have nothing against collecting bootlegs. I just said that if your going to do it be smart. Dont spend 300$ on a 6cd tarantura set or watever. Its never worth it. Those people are posting their stuff for free because they want people to have it for free. They dont want anyone to spend that amount of money on music. Collector Loser call them watever u want....I still win.

Edited by ThelegendaryZepp

Hey guys im wondering is the seattle 77 pro shot any good? cuz i want a 77 video and i dont have 1.

Seattle's alright...many, MANY different versions of the pro-shot circulate in varying degrees of quality. Personally, I've only watched it once; it's not exactly the greatest performance, for one thing, and for another my wife and I found Jimmy Page looking like he's about to keel over at any given moment increasingly hard to watch. In the end the pro-shot just couldn't sustain our interest for 3 1/2 hours, but of course YMMV.

IMO Legend, you'd be better off tracking down some of the audience shot footage if you want some '77 visuals. Generally the audience footage comes from better shows (June 23 in LA for example) and you get a better feel for the concert experience itself than from the Seattle footage. Mind you, I think the longest '77 audience clip is about half an hour long (one of the MSG shows)- most of the clips are between five to fifteen minutes.

Seattle's alright...many, MANY different versions of the pro-shot circulate in varying degrees of quality. Personally, I've only watched it once; it's not exactly the greatest performance, for one thing, and for another my wife and I found Jimmy Page looking like he's about to keel over at any given moment increasingly hard to watch. In the end the pro-shot just couldn't sustain our interest for 3 1/2 hours, but of course YMMV.

IMO Legend, you'd be better off tracking down some of the audience shot footage if you want some '77 visuals. Generally the audience footage comes from better shows (June 23 in LA for example) and you get a better feel for the concert experience itself than from the Seattle footage. Mind you, I think the longest '77 audience clip is about half an hour long (one of the MSG shows)- most of the clips are between five to fifteen minutes.

23rd LA would be kool. But yeah i figured as much seeing as that is one of the worst performances from the band iv ever heard.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

It's another piece to the puzzle, I can tell you that!

Yes it certainly is and thanks for trying and you too LedZep342. Hopefully something encouraging will eventually come out of it. Or at least a confirmation of its' existence.

Yes. It's worth a shot, if I aquire it, I'll definitely upload it to youtube! The guy has not been on for a few days, I guess he's on vacation or busy, or just doesn't go on. Hopefully I'll get a response soon.

Do you feel this guy is yanking you on this and taking you for a ride or do you feel in your heart that there is at least some truth to its' possible existence? And if so, why do you think so? Just wondering.