Pontiac Silverdome Footage

tom kid

• 4 months later...

Probably because he DOESN'T have it, guys...ol' KDH was probably as full of shit about having even a snippet of Pontiac '77 film as he was about his claims that Peter Grant personally destroyed the Pontiac pro-shot footage... :lol::rolleyes: Notice how he pretty much made himself scarce from this discussion as soon as he made his claims. "How do I transfer? How do I upload it...blah blah blah..." if there was any truth to the claims he would have found a way, believe me. And some of you guys were too busy stepping on one another's dicks to see who gets the credit for bringing it to the masses to even consider that we were being taken for a ride...fuck me.

The more I think about it, maybe P.T. Barnum was right...y'know, suckers being born every minute and all that...

FWIW I know '3hrs Of Lunacy' -who confirmed earlier in this discussion that some 20 mins or so of Pontiac audience shot footage exists- is one of the most trustworthy Zeppelin collectors I can think of...his claims hold a hell of a lot more water than any fuckin' wannabe 'elite collector'.

Forgive the bump, but rereading this thread has been fucking hilarious... :lol:

Edited by Nutrocker

Probably because he DOESN'T have it, guys...ol' KDH was probably as full of shit about having even a snippet of Pontiac '77 film as he was about his claims that Peter Grant personally destroyed the Pontiac pro-shot footage... :lol::rolleyes: Notice how he pretty much made himself scarce from this discussion as soon as he made his claims. "How do I transfer? How do I upload it...blah blah blah..." if there was any truth to the claims he would have found a way, believe me. And some of you guys were too busy stepping on one another's dicks to see who gets the credit for bringing it to the masses to even consider that we were being taken for a ride...fuck me.

The more I think about it, maybe P.T. Barnum was right...y'know, suckers being born every minute and all that...

FWIW I know '3hrs Of Lunacy' -who confirmed earlier in this discussion that some 20 mins or so of Pontiac audience shot footage exists- is one of the most trustworthy Zeppelin collectors I can think of...his claims hold a hell of a lot more water than any fuckin' wannabe 'elite collector'.

Forgive the bump, but rereading this thread has been fucking hilarious... :lol:

Perhaps he misread a source that was of incorrect information? He might not know how to upload it. No ones trying to get credit, believe me. As soon as kdh finds the film he will give a copy to zepps_apprentice, zepps_apprentice will then probably upload it to youtube. Of what kdh has said so far, I'm quite confident that he is not lying.

I'll be laughing my ass of when the film someday circulates.

Indeed...we'll ALL be laughing, but we may have to make sure our false teeth don't fall out when we do, because it might take that long...it's been at least six months already...I know life is what happens when yer busy making other plans, etc, but it takes THAT long to dig out a videocassette, digitally transfer and upload it? Ridiculous, IMO. If it was me who had the film, it'd be a top priority getting the tape sent out to someone who knows what to do with it. Believe what you like, but until I'm actually watching the clip on You Tube I still think we're being taken for a ride here.

Seriously, read this thread, especially from about page three on, to see the type of bullshit rumours kdh has been known to spread:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/10547-houston-52177/page__hl__pontiac

Indeed...we'll ALL be laughing, but we may have to make sure our false teeth don't fall out when we do, because it might take that long...it's been at least six months already...I know life is what happens when yer busy making other plans, etc, but it takes THAT long to dig out a videocassette, digitally transfer and upload it? Ridiculous, IMO. If it was me who had the film, it'd be a top priority getting the tape sent out to someone who knows what to do with it. Believe what you like, but until I'm actually watching the clip on You Tube I still think we're being taken for a ride here.

Seriously, read this thread, especially from about page three on, to see the type of bullshit rumours kdh has been known to spread:

http://forums.ledzep...ge__hl__pontiac

Thank you, Nutrocker! That all makes sense. He even refused to digitally transfer it, claiming he "doesn't have the equipment". I am 100% certain he is holding a mistitle of the video from June 22nd, 1977. It's 8 minutes long and shot from the side of the stage, mostly. Fits the characteristics of his description of the tape. I know for sure it'll never surface. Dirty fucking tape hoarders.

But the thing is, the last time I posted in this thread was 5 months ago.... I've known for a long time that either:

A. He doesn't have it

B. He's a hoarder refusing to give it out

C. It's a mistitle.

D. The tape is lost and he never found it.

Edited by ledzepfilm

Perhaps he misread a source that was of incorrect information? He might not know how to upload it. No ones trying to get credit, believe me. As soon as kdh finds the film he will give a copy to zepps_apprentice, zepps_apprentice will then probably upload it to youtube. Of what kdh has said so far, I'm quite confident that he is not lying.

At this point if he finds the tape, he'll never give it out, at the character I've seen out of his messages to us, he wouldn't give it out, if he does have it at all.

Thank you, Nutrocker! That all makes sense. He even refused to digitally transfer it, claiming he "doesn't have the equipment". I am 100% certain he is holding a mistitle of the video from June 22nd, 1977. It's 8 minutes long and shot from the side of the stage, mostly. Fits the characteristics of his description of the tape. I know for sure it'll never surface. Dirty fucking tape hoarders.

But the thing is, the last time I posted in this thread was 5 months ago.... I've known for a long time that either:

A. He doesn't have it

B. He's a hoarder refusing to give it out

C. It's a mistitle.

D. The tape is lost and he never found it.

...and let's not forget:

E. He's a shit disturber trying to wind us all up, and not for the first time.

I know it seems like we're really beating up on this guy, but, goddammit, some of us take this shit rather seriously, and I admit it incenses me to no end -and always has- to see jokers like kdh playing these kinds of games. It's as bad as the motherfucker at RO who teased/taunted me about having the uncirculating Indianapolis '77 show with his smug fucking "I have something you don't...nah nah nah..." attitude (not that this character has exactly distinguished himself among the Zeppelin community...he was the one responsible for the infamous "Freezer's Revenge" debacle a few years back, so I don't know whether to take the dude at his word or not about having Indy '77) I always reckon, if you've got something wirthwhile to share, either put up or shut up...for Christ sakes, we're supposed to be grownups here, are we not? I'd like to think so, but sometimes I gotta wonder. I personally am a little old to be playing fuckin' kids' games like some of these so-called collectors seem to insist on, time after time. It's no wonder Zeppelin collectors seem to have such a bad reputation- in a lot of ways it's completely justified. And, not trying to break my arm patting myself on the back or anything, but I sorta pride myself on always having my Zeppelin Bullshit Detector (patent pending) on high when it comes to dealing with some of these idiots. Sometimes I feel like I'm the fucking Ralph Nader of Zeppelin collectors- not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

No, thank you, ledzepfilm, for keeping at least one foot in reality throughout this kdh/Pontiac mess, and not getting hopelessly caught up in endless wishful thinking like some people appear to have been. In my not so humble opinion, I think it's high time we put this matter of supposed Pontiac 8mm footage to bed once and for all- it ain't happening, folks, sorry. There's more world news on page two...

http://forums.ledzep...ge__hl__pontiac

Perhaps it's not a top priority? I'm not going to keep questioning what you say though. Of what was said, I to believe that he is a hoarder. A while back Sam_Webmaster asked if Kdh would lend him a copy, never happened. Then about a year later I asked for the film, and he said "I will be at my house for 10 days in the front end of October. At that time, lord willing, I shall set upon the tape." he never got back to us after that statement was made. So it's really unknown whether he set upon the tape or not, or if he even did look for the tape. But it would be nice if he at least responded in someway.

This is why I hate RO, someone claims to own something not yet seen by the public who is hording Zep footage/audio. They're not even sharing it with the Zep community. I mean that's quite ridiculous if you ask me. It's one thing if one recorded a concert/show, but this is not the case.

...and let's not forget:

E. He's a shit disturber trying to wind us all up, and not for the first time.

I know it seems like we're really beating up on this guy, but, goddammit, some of us take this shit rather seriously, and I admit it incenses me to no end -and always has- to see jokers like kdh playing these kinds of games. It's as bad as the motherfucker at RO who teased/taunted me about having the uncirculating Indianapolis '77 show with his smug fucking "I have something you don't...nah nah nah..." attitude (not that this character has exactly distinguished himself among the Zeppelin community...he was the one responsible for the infamous "Freezer's Revenge" debacle a few years back, so I don't know whether to take the dude at his word or not about having Indy '77) I always reckon, if you've got something wirthwhile to share, either put up or shut up...for Christ sakes, we're supposed to be grownups here, are we not? I'd like to think so, but sometimes I gotta wonder. I personally am a little old to be playing fuckin' kids' games like some of these so-called collectors seem to insist on, time after time. It's no wonder Zeppelin collectors seem to have such a bad reputation- in a lot of ways it's completely justified. And, not trying to break my arm patting myself on the back or anything, but I sorta pride myself on always having my Zeppelin Bullshit Detector (patent pending) on high when it comes to dealing with some of these idiots. Sometimes I feel like I'm the fucking Ralph Nader of Zeppelin collectors- not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

No, thank you, ledzepfilm, for keeping at least one foot in reality throughout this kdh/Pontiac mess, and not getting hopelessly caught up in endless wishful thinking like some people appear to have been. In my not so humble opinion, I think it's high time we put this matter of supposed Pontiac 8mm footage to bed once and for all- it ain't happening, folks, sorry. There's more world news on page two...

This is why I hate the world of bootlegging. The hoarding can cause some serious trouble. When he was responding to 342 and I, I had some hope, but about 2 weeks afterwards, I said "fuck it" and let it be. Seems like an inconsidersate douche with the Indianapolis show. And yes.... put up, or shut up! If you refuse to share, don't tell people about it. If you can, tell them and share.

Perhaps it's not a top priority? I'm not going to keep questioning what you say though. Of what was said, I to believe that he is a hoarder. A while back Sam_Webmaster asked if Kdh would lend him a copy, never happened. Then about a year later I asked for the film, and he said "I will be at my house for 10 days in the front end of October. At that time, lord willing, I shall set upon the tape." he never got back to us after that statement was made. So it's really unknown whether he set upon the tape or not, or if he even did look for the tape. But it would be nice if he at least responded in someway.

This is why I hate RO, someone claims to own something not yet seen by the public who is hording Zep footage/audio. They're not even sharing it with the Zep community. I mean that's quite ridiculous if you ask me. It's one thing if one recorded a concert/show, but this is not the case.

You are 100% absolutely fucking correct! It's understandable if you have a home movie or recording but to hoard somebody else's work is stupid.

Believe me, that is part of the reason why the "RO community" has a bit of a smelly reputation amongst Zeppelin collectors. True, to their credit they have brought a hell of a lot of goodies to the surface through resourcefulness and, ahem, ingenuity over the years but at the same they also have the highest ratio of 'hoarders' and 'elite collectors' with this "I/we have something you don't have" attitude. And that has nothing to do with a sense of entitlement or anything, but the fact that they insist on basically teasing other collectors about having some of this uncirculating stuff has always incensed me. I mean, what are their motives? Waiting to sell out to the highest bidder? A sense of superiority over other collectors? Y'know, like, WTF?! I've always said if you have something others don't have, don't tease people or lord it over them- don't fucking mention it all, and maybe then you won't have such a negative reputation. Again, it's fucking kids games...bloody well grow up already! It's only concert footage or recordings by a defunct rock and roll band- hoarding this stuff is not going to get you laid or promoted in yer job or a new car or anything, when it comes to REAL LIFE -i.e. outside of the Zeppelin community- nobody else gives a shit. If you think owning an uncirculating piece of film footage or audience recording suddenly makes you Grand High Poohbah Of All Creation, you obviously have some serious fucking mental issues that need to be addressed...

Edited by Nutrocker

You are 100% absolutely fucking correct! It's understandable if you have a home movie or recording but to hoard somebody else's work is stupid.

Pathetic as it is, though, it happens all the time. I mean, what do they think the original filmer/taper/whatever would say? Unless the original guy was the one who told them to hoard it, as Freezer has been known to do with his audience recordings, but that's a whole other topic, right there...

Pathetic as it is, though, it happens all the time. I mean, what do they think the original filmer/taper/whatever would say? Unless the original guy was the one who told them to hoard it, as Freezer has been known to do with his audience recordings, but that's a whole other topic, right there...

Ok, why would you give someone one of your personal audience recordings just to hoard?

Believe me, that is part of the reason why the "RO community" has a bit of a smelly reputation amongst Zeppelin collectors. True, to their credit they have brought a hell of a lot of goodies to the surface through resourcefulness and, ahem, ingenuity over the years but at the same they also have the highest ratio of 'hoarders' and 'elite collectors' with this "I/we have something you don't have" attitude. And that has nothing to do with a sense of entitlement or anything, but the fact that they insist on basically teasing other collectors about having some of this uncirculating stuff has always incensed me. I mean, what are their motives? Waiting to sell out to the highest bidder? A sense of superiority over other collectors? Y'know, like, WTF?! I've always said if you have something others don't have, don't tease people or lord it over them- don't fucking mention it all, and maybe then you won't have such a negative reputation. Again, it's fucking kids games...bloody well grow up already! It's only concert footage or recordings by a defunct rock and roll band- hoarding this stuff is not going to get you laid or promoted in yer job or a new car or anything, when it comes to REAL LIFE -i.e. outside of the Zeppelin community- nobody else gives a shit. If you think owning an uncirculating piece of film footage or audience recording suddenly makes you Grand High Poohbah Of All Creation, you obviously have some serious fucking mental issues that need to be addressed...

Excellent point to bring up Nutrocker! What you've said has made me think 10 times differently upon the whole situation. Even if one does own footage/audience recording of Zep that was given to you not to hoard, then god damnit, release it publicly to the Zep community. Don't brag about the damn recording.

Just prevent being teased and destroyed by the RO community, and you're fine. But anyways, RO is a center with many hoarders, and many bragging on what they hoard. Many people there don't, but the people who do, it's just not right.

"Excellent point to bring up Nutrocker! What you've said has made me think 10 times differently upon the whole situation. Even if one does own footage/audience recording of Zep that was given to you not to hoard, then god damnit, release it publicly to the Zep community. Don't brag about the damn recording."

Again, I agree!

Edited by ledzepfilm