Plant ready for Led talks

royalrumpus

I think it was all by design. Bring up even a remote chance of a reunion when he releases a new solo album. Wish I could see his demeanor when he said it. That's the downside of written interviews vs. video.

When Raising Sand came out he made a statement that made us all think that maybe there is a possibility of another reunion. That was at the NBA game.

Well no he didn't, actually.

No offence, but many of us take his words and humour for what they actually are and don't read "possibilities" into everything. Nothing he has said since the re-union has made me (or many others) think there is even a remote chance of another Zeppelin show.

They are going to talk about the 40th anniversery of LZ3. Thats all it is.

That was my first thought too.

All of us love to think about the rumors. I will get crazy if I ever read a set us U.S. tour dates. Until then, fantasy is all I have. <_<

He also said at the beginning of 2008, that he wasn't going to do anything (maybe he meant Zeppelin) for the next two years, that two years is nearly up?

Nope. On September 29, 2008 he issued a statement via his website and Sam linked here in response to the rumors that Zeppelin might get together (I think this was b/c the Raising Sand tour was going to be concluding thereabouts):

After those dates, Robert has no intention whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years. Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin. Anyone buying tickets online to any such event will be buying bogus tickets.

Obviously- the timeline wasn't exact.

Link is here: http://www.robertplant.com/news/robert-plant-%E2%80%93-official-statement/?spid=5

Here are 3 things that might happen before a "reunion"

1. Pigs will start flying around with little rats on their backs as passengers

2. Snowball fights will breakout in hell

3. Jimmy Page's c.d. will come out before the end of the year

:rolleyes:

He also said at the beginning of 2008, that he wasn't going to do anything (maybe he meant Zeppelin) for the next two years, that two years is nearly up?

And basically he didn't until 2010 which is two years later and he's out touring and promoting his new record.

Everything regarding Zeppelin now is all rumor and that's it. Unless you hear it from the source don't believe it, since it's pretty much all taken out of context.

As far as them talking and getting together, who knows what it is. Maybe it's their standard business meetings every so often or possible future releases whatever they may be. Been three years since the remastered TSRTS and Mothership. If a new release were to happen, I hope it's not another greatest hits package! :wall:

Here are 3 things that might happen before a "reunion"

1. Pigs will start flying around with little rats on their backs as passengers

2. Snowball fights will breakout in hell

3. Jimmy Page's c.d. will come out before the end of the year

:rolleyes:

:lol:

I know they will announce their reunion tour 12/20/2012!!!!!!!! And the next day we will all be DEAD!!!!!!!!!!

Everything regarding Zeppelin now is all rumor and that's it. Unless you hear it from the source don't believe it, since it's pretty much all taken out of context.

As far as them talking and getting together, who knows what it is. Maybe it's their standard business meetings every so often or possible future releases whatever they may be. Been three years since the remastered TSRTS and Mothership. If a new release were to happen, I hope it's not another greatest hits package! :wall:

HMMMMM??? maybe a dvd of the reunion at o2 arena???

When read in context with the question that actually precedes the answer, it seems like this is a pretty clear "No" to me.

"AVC: Going back to Led Zeppelin, are you guys thinking of playing again?

RP: I think we’re probably thinking about talking."

In other words: "No. We are not thinking about playing. We aren't even currently talking."

his answer could mean that their relationship is really bad right now and that they don't even talk at all.....but this rumor coming out right in time when Robert Plant got new album in stores and Led Zeppelin renuion talk will help him to be in media news so he can tell them that he has new Cd and is not interested in Zepp reunion....just marketing....

his answer could mean that their relationship is really bad right now and that they don't even talk at all.....but this rumor coming out right in time when Robert Plant got new album in stores and Led Zeppelin renuion talk will help him to be in media news so he can tell them that he has new Cd and is not interested in Zepp reunion....just marketing....

It's not. It's just him answering a question in an interview. The same old question he is asked every time. However he answered it, he would get slated for it, like he always does - the bloke will never win with some people.

I think you're thinking into it a bit too much. Robert has more than enough money, he doesn't to come up with sly ways such as the one you described to market is new album.

I think you're thinking into it a bit too much. Robert has more than enough money, he doesn't to come up with sly ways such as the one you described to market is new album.

When and if Jimmy Page's new album ever comes out and he's out making the rounds to promote it the Led Zeppelin question is bound to come up. Will he then be accused of the same thing?

When and if Jimmy Page's new album ever comes out and he's out making the rounds to promote it the Led Zeppelin question is bound to come up. Will he then be accused of the same thing?

Probably not, since most feel (as we know on this board) think Robert is the one preventing the Zeppelin question from happening and not Jimmy. I think we're all tired of this!

Probably not, since most feel (as we know on this board) think Robert is the one preventing the Zeppelin question from happening and not Jimmy. I think we're all tired of this!

Yes, agreed.

I'm tired of the discussion, but I'm more tired of Plant's circumlocution whenever the issue crops up. You can bet your ass that Jimmy would be more forthright in expressing his feelings on the matter. Then again, maybe not, for fear of antagonising Plant by placing the blame entirely with him, thus potentially closing the door on any possible reunion forever.

I wonder whether Plant truly is tired of addressing the issue in interviews, or whether he in fact relishes it? Who knows. One thing's for sure: if he is indeed sick of talking about it, he has the option of stipulating in advance that the question should not be asked. That he has apparently chosen not to do so suggests to me that he enjoys teasing us. And Jimmy.

Yes, agreed.

I'm tired of the discussion, but I'm more tired of Plant's circumlocution whenever the issue crops up. You can bet your ass that Jimmy would be more forthright in expressing his feelings on the matter. Then again, maybe not, for fear of antagonising Plant by placing the blame entirely with him, thus potentially closing the door on any possible reunion forever.

I wonder whether Plant truly is tired of addressing the issue in interviews, or whether he in fact relishes it? Who knows. One thing's for sure: if he is indeed sick of talking about it, he has the option of stipulating in advance that the question should not be asked. That he has apparently chosen not to do so suggests to me that he enjoys teasing us. And Jimmy.

Which kind of in itself leaves the door cracked upen just enough so it cant be totally dismissed. I dont know how any true Led Zeppelin fan would be in favor of there not being another concert down the road? Maybe the fear that they wont be nearly as good as they were? Well, without bonzo of course it wont be exactly the same. But it would still be great. It would be Page and Plant and Jones. Far better than another Rolllng Stones concert with Ron Wood.

Saying we're tired of it is a bit of an understatement, honestly.

Archived