Plant ready for Led talks

royalrumpus

Yes, agreed.

I'm tired of the discussion, but I'm more tired of Plant's circumlocution whenever the issue crops up. You can bet your ass that Jimmy would be more forthright in expressing his feelings on the matter. Then again, maybe not, for fear of antagonising Plant by placing the blame entirely with him, thus potentially closing the door on any possible reunion forever.

I wonder whether Plant truly is tired of addressing the issue in interviews, or whether he in fact relishes it? Who knows. One thing's for sure: if he is indeed sick of talking about it, he has the option of stipulating in advance that the question should not be asked. That he has apparently chosen not to do so suggests to me that he enjoys teasing us. And Jimmy.

Why does he keep saying variations of "Ask Robert" whenever he's asked about it, then?

And yes, I'm quite sure Plant is as sick of it as we are. He's never the one who brings it up in interviews, you'll notice. And if he asked that the question not be asked, the interviewer would undoubtedly mention that very fact, so he can't win either way. It's obvious from his interviews that he doesn't "relish" it, and that it's not what he wants to talk about.

Far better than another Rolllng Stones concert with Ron Wood.

Hahaha, YES!

They should've hired Rory Gallagher in 75 when they had the chance. That would have been dynamite. And Rory wouldn't have allowed them to sleepwalk into Studio 54 territory. No way.

Yes, agreed.

I'm tired of the discussion, but I'm more tired of Plant's circumlocution whenever the issue crops up. You can bet your ass that Jimmy would be more forthright in expressing his feelings on the matter. Then again, maybe not, for fear of antagonising Plant by placing the blame entirely with him, thus potentially closing the door on any possible reunion forever.

I wonder whether Plant truly is tired of addressing the issue in interviews, or whether he in fact relishes it? Who knows. One thing's for sure: if he is indeed sick of talking about it, he has the option of stipulating in advance that the question should not be asked. That he has apparently chosen not to do so suggests to me that he enjoys teasing us. And Jimmy.

Utter bullshit. And since he and Jimmy are in direct communication and completely aware of how each-other feels, there is nothing that Plant could say in an interview to "tease" Jimmy. Jimmy knows EXACTLY how Robert feels about the whole thing.

I can tell you categorically - yet again - that he is really tired of addressing the whole thing, and to suggest that he relishes it is typical crap from the anti-Plant camp in yet another guise. Give it up we KNOW you come back time after time to pedal this shit - we are ALL tired of it.

Utter bullshit. And since he and Jimmy are in direct communication and completely aware of how each-other feels, there is nothing that Plant could say in an interview to "tease" Jimmy. Jimmy knows EXACTLY how Robert feels about the whole thing.

I can tell you categorically - yet again - that he is really tired of addressing the whole thing, and to suggest that he relishes it is typical crap from the anti-Plant camp in yet another guise. Give it up we KNOW you come back time after time to pedal this shit - we are ALL tired of it.

I am not tired of it. I am a fan of Led zeppelin. As much as any of those that are sick of it. I still want the reunion to happen. So shoot me.

A one off. It was a miracle come true. And of course once you have that taste, you always want another bite. The bottom line is, Robert took his bite, and is VERY satisfied. He no longer has that craving. Closing time, you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

It's over folks.

PS: Someone wake up Jimmy and tell him he is wasting his talent. Or is that being said a lot lately?

I am not tired of it. I am a fan of Led zeppelin. As much as any of those that are sick of it. I still want the reunion to happen. So shoot me.

I don't know if you are just trying to keep a fight going, or start one, but I meant that we are tired of people who come back repeatedly under different "titles" here and spout the same old anti-Plant bullshit.

If you aren't tired of that - yeah, I'd happily shoot you.

I don't know if you are just trying to keep a fight going, or start one, but I meant that we are tired of people who come back repeatedly under different "titles" here and spout the same old anti-Plant bullshit.

If you aren't tired of that - yeah, I'd happily shoot you.

I thought you meant you are tired of those wanting Plant to change his mind.

I am not 'anti-Plant' - why would I be, when I own all of his recordings, and nearly all of his bootlegs? I'm just anti-bullshit. Say what you mean, mean what you say.

So what exactly do you want, Knebby? An anodyne, happy-clappy, blind devotion site, where the meagre tablets cast down from on high are worshipped unquestioningly? Sounds like you should set up your own 'I Luv Robert' blog. But before you do, consider this: he's NOT the Messiah, he's a Very Haughty Boy.

As for 'Give it up we KNOW you come back time after time to pedal [sic] this shit - we are ALL tired of it': not quite sure what you mean by this, but who are the 'we' here? Do you mean ALL board members - in which case I suspect you'll find you're wrong? Or just the 'cackling hens' BigDan referred to elsewhere some time ago?

I am not 'anti-Plant' - why would I be, when I own all of his recordings, and nearly all of his bootlegs? I'm just anti-bullshit. Say what you mean, mean what you say.

So what exactly do you want, Knebby? An anodyne, happy-clappy, blind devotion site, where the meagre tablets cast down from on high are worshipped unquestioningly? Sounds like you should set up your own 'I Luv Robert' blog. But before you do, consider this: he's NOT the Messiah, he's a Very Haughty Boy.

As for 'Give it up we KNOW you come back time after time to pedal [sic] this shit - we are ALL tired of it': not quite sure what you mean by this, but who are the 'we' here? Do you mean ALL board members - in which case I suspect you'll find you're wrong? Or just the 'cackling hens' BigDan referred to elsewhere some time ago?

:goodpost: Just the cackling hens.

This shit never seems to end. As much as I'd like it to happen, I don't think it will, at least for a while. Possibly, for the London 2012 Olympics perhaps. Only thing I see happening as of yet. But would like to see something happen in the U.S. as they were far more popular in the States than the UK. Album sales of over 100 million should tell you that...even when you dissect the percentage by population of the U.S and U.K. You know what I mean!

This shit never seems to end. As much as I'd like it to happen, I don't think it will, at least for a while. Possibly, for the London 2012 Olympics perhaps. Only thing I see happening as of yet. But would like to see something happen in the U.S. as they were far more popular in the States than the UK. Album sales of over 100 million should tell you that...even when you dissect the percentage by population of the U.S and U.K. You know what I mean!

I'm not sure I'd agree they were more popular here - we're a much larger country than the UK so naturally album sales here for a hugely successful/popular band are going to be greater. Regardless, not holding my breath it will happen. I'm happy Robert is doing what he's doing, JPJ doing what he's doing and as much as I would love to see JP out again, if he's happy with his life than I'm good with that too :)

Or possibly when Robert's beloved Wolverhampton Wanderers win the English Premier League - in which case, we'll be in for a very long wait.

Album sales don't tell the whole story with regard to popularity, btw. We loved them even more, cos they were English. Our People. Plus I think any disproportionately higher per capita US sales are down to the fact that you guys probably had to buy multiple copies, on account of damaging your albums with stoner debris - pin-hole vinyl burns, bong-water spills, and suchlike ;)

Or possibly when Robert's beloved Wolverhampton Wanderers win the English Premier League - in which case, we'll be in for a very long wait.

Album sales don't tell the whole story with regard to popularity, btw. We loved them even more, cos they were English. Our People. Plus I think any disproportionately higher per capita US sales are down to the fact that you guys probably had to buy multiple copies, on account of damaging your albums with stoner debris - pin-hole vinyl burns, bong-water spills, and suchlike ;)

Tecnology forced us to buy the collection several times. Vinyl. Then 8 track, so you could listen in your car. Then cassette. Then CD. Etc. I am so pissed I didnt keep the CD cases and just used a case. The CD's go bad. I thought they would be better, more durable. They suck. Now we need something better again. Led Zeppelin, I have bought their entire collection at least 4 or 5 times and counting. Only other bands I would do that with? Nobody. Just a few must have albums by Eagles, Pink Floyd, Stones, Beatles, Beach Boys etc.

No way in hell will I ever agree that the Brits loved Zeppelin more than us Americans. WE loved Zeppelin more than anyone. Anyone. And we proved it.

This doesn't have to be an ass-kiss site, but when you spout off and speculate about a band member, and are wrong, expect to be told so by someone who knows more than any of us. Dig it?

This doesn't have to be an ass-kiss site, but when you spout off and speculate about a band member, and are wrong, expect to be told so by someone who knows more than any of us. Dig it?

Who knows more than any of us? A friend of mine knows the guys who installed his jacuzzi in 2005. They planted a bug, and have been blogging the conversations ever since.

WTF is that in your avatar, btw?

I'm not sure I'd agree they were more popular here - we're a much larger country than the UK so naturally album sales here for a hugely successful/popular band are going to be greater. Regardless, not holding my breath it will happen. I'm happy Robert is doing what he's doing, JPJ doing what he's doing and as much as I would love to see JP out again, if he's happy with his life than I'm good with that too :)

It just seems that over the years that Zeppelin were more popular in the U.S. and Queen more so in the UK. Not sure what the album sale of Zep are in the UK, so perhaps someone could provide this and perhaps we could draw a conclusion on this. I know Zeppelin is number three in the U.S. total behind the Beatles and Elvis only.

Who knows more than any of us? A friend of mine knows the guys who installed his jacuzzi in 2005. They planted a bug, and have been blogging the conversations ever since.

Ah yes, well I suppose that does trump all.

Let's get back to your original point, that he "relishes" teasing us and somehow welcomes the question. Let's put this in perspective. LZ broke up when Plant was 32 years old. He is now 62. His solo career is 3x longer than his career with Zeppelin was. He's made more albums than Zep ever made. And yet for THIRTY YEARS he only gets asked "what about Zep reuniting?" It's something, albeit important, that was 1/2 his lifetime ago, and has no desire to revisit, and yet it's all he's ever asked about. And he somehow likes this and gets off on teasing us? Sure.

Allow me to retort thusly: This.

All this b'ing and m'ing is getting old.

Yeah, look for black helicopters circling over your house and your muffins talking to you.

Ha ha. Its just that some things have happened to make me suspicious. Like, I mentioned its there turn to cut the lawn and ten minutes later they are out there cutting it. You are too much Liz.

Ha ha. Its just that some things have happened to make me suspicious. Like, I mentioned its there turn to cut the lawn and ten minutes later they are out there cutting it. You are too much Liz.

That's weird, Silver. Same kind of thing happened to me the other day. I was playing Terry Reid's 'Seed of Memory' for the first time in years. Then I flicked through the channels and found 'The Devil's Rejects' movie - featuring THREE songs form Seed of Memory. Or was it the other way round? Can't remember now, I was really wasted.

Also, I was just thinking the other day how much I hated that pic of RP in Electrophile's avatar - he looked really smug and smarmy. Lo and behold, she's changed it! Not sure the replacement's an improvement - one of her own works, perhaps? - but it proves my point, don't you think?

That's weird, Silver. Same kind of thing happened to me the other day. I was playing Terry Reid's 'Seed of Memory' for the first time in years. Then I flicked through the channels and found 'The Devil's Rejects' movie - featuring THREE songs form Seed of Memory. Or was it the other way round? Can't remember now, I was really wasted.

Also, I was just thinking the other day how much I hated that pic of RP in Electrophile's avatar - he looked really smug and smarmy. Lo and behold, she's changed it! Not sure the replacement's an improvement - one of her own works, perhaps? - but it proves my point, don't you think?

Man I have had some suspicion seriously. If this place was fucking bugged is there a way to fiind one? This guy is tech, PC geek. Could do it. Its unlikely but possible. If so I hope he didnt hear me call his wife a fat cow.:lol: I have to go see what the hell Liz has on her AV now? It was a Starbucks Latte for a while. I think she has the hots for you!!!!

No, it proves no point. I changed my avatar because I felt like it. Also it's autumn and I found that picture online and I liked it. It's seasonal.

No, it proves no point. I changed my avatar because I felt like it. Also it's autumn and I found that picture online and I liked it. It's seasonal.

You jumped on my last post. Not very mannerly. Why dont you change to that pumpkin spice Latte? My friends would prefer upskirts, but that isnt allowed. :o Back on topic, Robert will cave. He will be playing that place with Jimmy soon enough. You know, where that football game is right now. You are only watchng because its Chicago.

Archived