Songs Which Make You Cry ...

zdr

Great choice!! Peter Green wrote many excellent songs and he was a superb vocalist and guitarist!

I know! I love his songs so much!! This song makes me cry because I learned about Peter Green's story, and the lyrics got a deeper meaning for me.

This is another one that have the same impact on me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB6zg05CxYg

Although songs may be sad I usually rather feel happy, or at least full of positive feelings, when I think it's a great tune. To cry to a song, I need to connect it to something else, more personal thing, I guess..

Yeah, you're right. But also you can cry when you hear something so beautiful that's overwhelming and your feelings overflow.

I truly hope I don't get banned for being ummmm slighty off topic! :o:blink::unsure:

Oh, come on, Kiwi! Why on earth to get banned?? :friends: I was just pulling your leg.

I'm glad so many enjoy the thread and I appreciate every contribution to it!

Another one that makes me cry:

Leonard Cohen - The Faith

I know! I love his songs so much!! This song makes me cry because I learned about Peter Green's story, and the lyrics got a deeper meaning for me.

This is another one that have the same impact on me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB6zg05CxYg

I love that one with Duster Bennett too! Yes, Peter Green's story definitely give that song, and the whole early Fleetwood Mac output, a deeper meaning, indeed.. Green Manalishi has got some really great lyrics too. It was the last song he wrote with them.. It's about money and greed.

Yeah, you're right. But also you can cry when you hear something so beautiful that's overwhelming and your feelings overflow.

Very true.

I agree with the earlier Queen song (the last clip Freddie recorded) and Who Wants to Live Forever.

Here are a couple for me:

Wasted Time-The Eagles (can't find a clip)

Sugarland-Stay (this video kills me every time, and it's even more powerful live):

Stevie Nicks-Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You

This version of Joni Mitchell's "Both Sides Now"

Stevie Wonder talked of how his mother was the one who pushed him to tour again and share his gift with his fans. 'Lately' was her favorite song. This was the first tour after she passed away, (2007), and as he began playing 'Lately', he started to cry. But - the great moment here - the fans saw what was happening and took up singing the rest of the song for him. Just a wonderful moment, and quite a tear-jerker, I think

Archived