Songs Which Make You Cry ...

zdr

Elvis Presley - In the Ghetto

I was going to post that but you beat me to it! :D Elivis' singing here is so sweet! I love how he sings lines like "On A Cold And Grey Chicago Morning, A Poor Little Baby Child Is Born, In The Ghetto!". The lyrics are really beautiful! Thanks for posting zdr! :wub:

They're some good choices Kiwi. :thumbsup:

I was listening to the Lennon remasters yesterday and I remembered how much I love this song. It's filled with so much remorse and he really means what's he's singing about. The section where he whistles sends shivers down my spine. And it's even sadder that he's no longer with us anymore. :(

They're some good choices Kiwi. :thumbsup:

I was listening to the Lennon remasters yesterday and I remembered how much I love this song. It's filled with so much remorse and he really means what's he's singing about. The section where he whistles sends shivers down my spine. And it's even sadder that he's no longer with us anymore. :(

Why thank you Magic! :D

OMG! Magic, that is such a beautiful song you posted there! :tears: I actually heard that song for the first time in the film "Look Who's Talking Too" (the one with John Travolta and Kristie Alley). The lines like "I didn't mean to hurt you", "I'm sorry that I made you cry" always get me! Gosh! I didn't even know John Lennon had sung that!!! Gosh! Now I feel even sadder that he died so tragically all those years ago! As they say, only the good die young!:tears:

Well after seeing Neil at The Bridge School concert I went ahead and had a listen to Expecting To Fly, Kind Woman, and Broken Arrow and I started blubbering like a baby because it took me back to the soundtrack of the first year or two into my relationship with my ONLY husband and reminded me how we would so often have that on our cassette deck in our various houses on wheels roaming around the West. :(

:heartbreaker:

Well after seeing Neil at The Bridge School concert I went ahead and had a listen to Expecting To Fly, Kind Woman, and Broken Arrow and I started blubbering like a baby because it took me back to the soundtrack of the first year or two into my relationship with my ONLY husband and reminded me how we would so often have that on our cassette deck in our various houses on wheels roaming around the West. :(

:heartbreaker:

Oh God sister, :( this song is poignant and heartbreaking as it is but your story has made it infinitely sadder. You have me in tears and I'll never listen to it in the same way. :depressed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TIg16XS8S0

We really did have it all back then, the West, the whole world, was ours to explore, with the best music as our soundtrack...and amazing how much freedom we had. Poignant but beautiful memories for you. Not everyone has that. :console:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived