Ask Robert Plant One (1) Question...

lzzoso

Did you know I have been waiting for a very, very, very long time for you to take me to the castle where what's to be they say will be?? :whistling:

Edit: Can you bring Jimmy? A castle is a big place!!

:D

i would ask him abot stagefright , was it a problem on beginning or at later shows ?

his voice is so great , and wide spreadet from hard rock voice to angel singing , plant is just great

I know that ticket scalpers were so sure it was a go they were taking deposits and the list of venues wasn't even out!

Ticket brokers have played that game for years. Same thing was happening In Autumn 1980 for Spring 1981 Los Angeles dates "to be announced". It doesn't mean anything.

Ticket brokers have played that game for years. Same thing was happening In Autumn 1980 for Spring 1981 Los Angeles dates "to be announced". It doesn't mean anything.

It's all just speculative with brokers just throwing the bait out there to prospective buyers who will fall for this before anything is confirmed.

I'd ask Robert if he gave a crap what was said about him in the Led Zeppelin forum on the internet.

Based on THIS rule:

NOTE
:
Anyone impersonating a band member will be banned from the site. (Members of Led Zep have yet not posted, nor have they ever contacted anyone through the forum). Please report any such claims to the webmaster.

I would guess probably not. In all honesty, I don't really keep up on what's new in the Plant Camp but I sort of get the impression that he doesn't really give a shit about ANYTHING that's Zeppelin related. It appears that Jimmy Page is the main member who is still keeping the lights on... But that is just my opinion.

The question is to Robert. You do realize this, yes?

Based on THIS rule:

NOTE
:
Anyone impersonating a band member will be banned from the site. (Members of Led Zep have yet not posted, nor have they ever contacted anyone through the forum). Please report any such claims to the webmaster.

I would guess probably not. In all honesty, I don't really keep up on what's new in the Plant Camp but I sort of get the impression that he doesn't really give a shit about ANYTHING that's Zeppelin related. It appears that Jimmy Page is the main member who is still keeping the lights on... But that is just my opinion.

The question is to Robert. You do realize this, yes?

Yes, I do... But that fact carries no weight in this forum - as I found out first hand the hard way only a couple of days ago! My question - directed towards Robert - was, "Why did you refuse to do one last tour as Led Zeppelin for the rest of us who weren't lucky enough to win a chance to buy a ticket to the O2 show?" I didn't realize that clicking send would stand me before a firing squad! Then when I responded to the comments WWIII began and the moderator threatened to ban me! Most of my posts in this thread were deleted by the moderator includng my initial post.

I meant you no disrespect by commenting and since the NOTE in the Forum Guidelines says he hasn't answered anyone yet and to report it if he does (I guess so that the moderator can control what he writes on here as well...??) - it is kind of a loaded thread to post on anyway! Kind of like waiting to step out in front of a bus... LOL

1. was "a source" in The Sun, of all non-credible rags,

2. "Robert Plant also [has] a parallel project running, and he's really busy with that project, certainly until September, so I can't give you any news," Page added. [Doesn't sound like a promise of a tour to me.]

This is a quote from the Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience News Item:

The rumors and speculation were flying around about a Led Zeppelin reunion following the performance at London's O2 arena towards the end of 2007. The show that featured the surviving members of the group who were joined by Jason Bonham, son of the late Led Zeppelin drummer John "Bonzo" Bonham.

Report after report all but promised a Led Zeppelin reunion tour following the success of the O2 show. After a while it became clear that frontman Robert Plant had no desire to recreate Led Zeppelin. There were various reasons for Plant's refusal depending on what news source was reporting it.

I suppose only Plant knows the real reason he decided to let Led Zeppelin retain it's place in history as it existed decades ago. Maybe he was just determined to stay true to the original Led Zeppelin and not perform as Led Zeppelin without John Bonham, even though his son was on board for a tour.

...so it would appear that I'm not the only gullable Zep fan who thought there was going to be a Zep Tour following the O2 show!! Just saying... For the record, of course!

This is a quote from the Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience News Item:

The rumors and speculation were flying around about a Led Zeppelin reunion following the performance at London's O2 arena towards the end of 2007. The show that featured the surviving members of the group who were joined by Jason Bonham, son of the late Led Zeppelin drummer John "Bonzo" Bonham.

Report after report all but promised a Led Zeppelin reunion tour following the success of the O2 show. After a while it became clear that frontman Robert Plant had no desire to recreate Led Zeppelin. There were various reasons for Plant's refusal depending on what news source was reporting it.

I suppose only Plant knows the real reason he decided to let Led Zeppelin retain it's place in history as it existed decades ago. Maybe he was just determined to stay true to the original Led Zeppelin and not perform as Led Zeppelin without John Bonham, even though his son was on board for a tour.

...so it would appear that I'm not the only gullable Zep fan who thought there was going to be a Zep Tour following the O2 show!! Just saying... For the record, of course!

I'm sure all of us were hoping, forlornly as it turned out, that a tour would eventuate after O2 but it was always promoted as a one off event.

The media ran with anything even remotely related to Zep and when the 3 Jays revealed they were rehearsing and looking for a singer to record "new" music and when that never eventuated, then all this anti Robert shit exploded everywhere, unfairly IMO and certainly undeserved.

Most people have an axe to grind because they:

Didn't get to see them in their hey day

Did see them and wanted to see them again

Missed out on tickets to O2

Led Zeppelin owes them

I find the last reason laughable because nobody was forced to buy their albums etc, it was our freedom of choice.

No wonder he has distanced himself from all things and speculation of a reunion and teases the media who deserve everything they get.

Don't forget back in the day the media for the most part shunned Led Zeppelin and now they are jumping on the bandwagon and feasting on any morsel of information no matter how credible or factual it is.

Led Zeppelin owed the media big time and as far as Robert's treatment of them goes, payback is a bitch.

I'm sure all of us were hoping... it was always promoted as a one off event.

...then all this anti Robert shit exploded everywhere...

Didn't get to see them in their hey day

Don't forget back in the day the media for the most part shunned Led Zeppelin and now... payback is a bitch.

Yes, I remember when news of the upcoming concert first came out... :D

Then hearing that you had to enter a lottery drawing of sorts just to get selected to be able to get a ticket... :blink:

Then checking ticket brokers to see what they were going for... :o

HOLY CRAP!! Like I could afford to fly to bloody ol' London, England for an evening anyway!! :(

Wh-wh-wh-what...?? World Tour?! YES!! This will be awesome! I WILL be there come hell or high water!! :rolleyes:

Tour plans scrapped - Plant says NO! :angry:

I agree with you for the most part - and well said BTW!! I don't hate Robert Plant now because of this or anything... Am I bummed? Yes. But I have bigger things to concern myself with than one concert event that never happened. But I couldn't agree with you more on your take on the media! Their gossip, fishing for dirt on people and entire approach on how they gather some of their HOT! news flashes about what color of socks Britney Spears wore to check her mail or...?? has destroyed more things than it's ever helped!! Take the feud between Pantera's vocalist, Phil E., and guitarist, Dimebag Darryl - when he was gunned down, their feud was so blown out of proportion that he wasn't even able to pay his last respects at the funeral. Or Princess Dianna's death... My point being that they are like vultures waiting to swoop in on anything and cause more harm than good by doing so...

Hold on here -- I'll help get everything back on track... Lemme think... *clearing mind*

Dear Robert,

- If you could pick anywhere in the world to perform, where would it be?

- What was it like the first time you met Jimmy?

- Would you please let the girls in here have a chance at your lemon?

- Didja ever take that Range Rover mudding?

- How do you compose lyrics? Write 'em all down real quick with a rhyming dictionary nearby? Or work on them over a series of months?

- etc., etc.

Love, Your Fans :wub:

(That's how you do it, Bonzo_Stixx. Do that!)

Hold on here -- I'll help get everything back on track... Lemme think... *clearing mind*

Dear Robert...

(That's how you do it, Bonzo_Stixx. Do that!)

WOW! :o When you say it like that - it sounds so SIMPLE!!

How come when I did that...

Everyone BUT Robert Plant responded to what I wrote...?? :wtf:

If only BONZO :drumz: was still with us everything would be bitchin' again!! :black_eye:

You got every right in the world to say these kindsa things, I guess. This wouldn't be a true Zep board if someone wasn't on here giving Mr. Plant a hard time for his aversion to Zeppelin reunions. :D

However... could you imagine new Zeppelin material and Zeppelin tours? I can. And the whole pop music industry would be there to cheapen it. Led Zeppelin would be turned into a franchise quicker than you can say jack robinson. Just like ninelives said, Bonzo's absence would stick out like a sore thumb. Every drummer in the world would be dueling to play for them. Every shitty band in the world would be trying to jump onstage and jam with them. MTV would put together crappy, half-true specials about them -- not because they're a good band -- but because they could use Zep to sell everything you see in their annoying ten-minute long commercial segments. All the ridiculous "cool kids" would be coagulating on this board (and everywhere else) talking about how awesome Lady Gaga is and how she should record something with Zep (or similarly nonsensical flights of fancy.) Anybody with two turntables would be sampling them into really embarrassing hip hop (even more so than now.) And all the teenage girls who wouldn't be clamoring to sleep with them would be superficially bemoaning how old they are! Franchise! They would be a franchise, dammit! :angry:

(Got a little carried away up in that paragraph... *taking a few deep breaths* Sorry, but the thought horrifies me.)

Not to mention that Zeppelin may well be best understood and appreciated in the context of their era. I mean, there's a new teenage gal I just said hi to down in the "Meet and Greet" section who just discovered Zep, and Zep will undoubtedly bring her just as much joy as it brought the kids who discovered Zep back in the 70s. Zeppelin is definitely timeless. (Except for some of Jimmy's outfits.) BUT they're important to their generation. Making new Zeppelin music would seem... sacrilegious.

Alright, I'm done. :) Everyone here have a good day!

Dear Robert,

- If you could pick anywhere in the world to perform, where would it be?

- What was it like the first time you met Jimmy?

- Would you please let the girls in here have a chance at your lemon?

- Didja ever take that Range Rover mudding?

- How do you compose lyrics? Write 'em all down real quick with a rhyming dictionary nearby? Or work on them over a series of months?

- etc., etc.

Love, Your Fans :wub:

(That's how you do it, Kayte. Do that!)

(That's how you do it, Kayte. Do that!)

Touché!

But you're touchy. :( Sheesh! I wasn't trying to pick a fight with you; I was trying to be friendly. No need to sass at me.

Anyway! I have another question. To get this topic back on topic...

Robert! What do you think of your sex appeal and allllll the ladies it's lured? Does it get tedious? Do you ever regret your choice of trousers in the 1970s? Like, when a group of the "fairer sex" ease up to you, blush, trip over their words, and giggle like schoolgirls, what do you think? Do you think, When is this gonna end? Doesn't anyone listen to the music? Or are you like, Hell yeah! I'm the Golden God! :thumbsup:Wooo!

(And I'll go ahead and confess that I'm a sucker for Mr. Plant. I named my vibrator after him. :slapface: )

(Also, I know we're only sposed to ask one question, but I'm honestly trying to rejuvenate the thread, because I like it.)

^^^

Post of the Year

I agree. Post of the year. Any FEMALE who names their Vibrator after Mr. Plant is all right with me. And being the originator of this (I believe) awesome topic (along with the the Jimmy and Jonesy topics as well) I do declare that this is ask Robert Plant (and Pagey and Jonesy) as many Fucking questions that comes in anyone's mind. If that be the case, at least make them somewhat reasonable and worthwhile.

I thought the concept of Ask One (1) Question would make people who wanted to reply really think good and hard about that one question that You would want to ask should We ever get lucky enough to meet Our IDOLS and HEROES.

I agree. Post of the year. Any FEMALE who names their Vibrator after Mr. Plant is all right with me. And being the originator of this (I believe) awesome topic (along with the the Jimmy and Jonesy topics as well) I do declare that this is ask Robert Plant (and Pagey and Jonesy) as many Fucking questions that comes in anyone's mind. If that be the case, at least make them somewhat reasonable and worthwhile.

I thought the concept of Ask One (1) Question would make people who wanted to reply really think good and hard about that one question that You would want to ask should We ever get lucky enough to meet Our IDOLS and HEROES.

As much as I love Led Zeppelin I don't consider any of them an "idol" or "hero". Lots of cool questions though for all band members. Wouldn't it be something if Sam could arrange a Q & A where the questions could actually be posed to band members? Ethan Kaplan, who runs the Murmurs.com site did that exact same thing several years ago except it was with Mike Mills of R.E.M.

Excellent post.

As much as I love Led Zeppelin I don't consider any of them an "idol" or "hero". Lots of cool questions though for all band members. Wouldn't it be something if Sam could arrange a Q & A where the questions could actually be posed to band members? Ethan Kaplan, who runs the Murmurs.com site did that exact same thing several years ago except it was with Mike Mills of R.E.M.

They are not gods either as many have described them, just mere mortals like the rest of us, only they are exceptionally good musicians.

Yes, it would be great if the lads were able to give answers to the (sensible, you know what I mean) questions posed by the members.

Here's hoping!

Archived