Newer version of 6/21/77 (Listen To This Eddie)

Mattmc1973

How sad that 6/23 could be reduced to "mistakes and mishaps". What "fans" expect from concert recordings is interesting and the idea that R&R concerts should be flawless is truly missing the point How many times does it have to be said that these shows weren't meant to be recorded and judged. If viewed in that light, certain considerations are due. In the list of great Zep shows few if any have the personality of 6/23. The experience of enjoying this band kicking ass and having that much fun should transcend the guitar strap, Kashmir, TU, and whatever else one may choose to nitpick. Like what you want. Don't like what you want. Give me a break with finding reasons for a Zeppelin fan to not enjoy this epic document.

stoopids.jpg

Surprise, surprise...birds of feather.

Those of us "know it alls" actually enjoy and respect this forum and the regulars who post here, ie Strider, Sue, and Nutrocker. I find it ironic that the poster whose bitching about others not being able to voice their opinion, is the same who shouts down others opinions in various threads. But we all know your names and history. So that explains everything.

If you don't like/enjoy this forum and its members then go away, nobody is holding a gun to your ego driven heads. But you can't and that's why you keep returning. So have a go at me, I could give a sh!t. I personally enjoy their commentary and so does most of this forum. It's not about agreement, it's about respect.

:peace:

Back to the thread...I limit myself to listening to 6/21/77 because it's my favorite show. So I don't get burned out on it as I've been listening to for almost 30 years now. I prefer it and the 27th to the 23rd for various reasons. But I guess I'll be put in front of firing squad for voicing such! :rolleyes:

Surprise, surprise...birds of feather.

Those of us "know it alls" actually enjoy and respect this forum and the regulars who post here, ie Strider, Sue, and Nutrocker. I find it ironic that the poster whose bitching about others not being able to voice their opinion, is the same who shouts down others opinions in various threads. But we all know your names and history. So that explains everything.

If you don't like/enjoy this forum and its members then go away, nobody is holding a gun to your ego driven heads. But you can't and that's why you keep returning. So have a go at me, I could give a sh!t. I personally enjoy their commentary and so does most of this forum. It's not about agreement, it's about respect.

:peace:

Back to the thread...I limit myself to listening to 6/21/77 because it's my favorite show. So I don't get burned out on it as I've been listening to for almost 30 years now. I prefer it and the 27th to the 23rd for various reasons. But I guess I'll be put in front of firing squad for voicing such! :rolleyes:

I hope your comment is not in reference to my post. I was just having a bit of fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Where can I find this newest Version of the 6/21/77 show?

Over the hills and far away in the Misty Mountains up the stairway to heaven and in through the out door to the houses of the holy in the mighty arms of Atlas.

I have to admit, I find it humorous when people ask where they can find bootlegs, regardless of what band they're interested in listening to. When I started collecting Pink Floyd bootlegs, half the fun was scouring the Internet looking for them. I didn't ask anyone to get them for me or tell me where to find them. I don't know, maybe it's me.

Oh wow, my comment was deleted. No fun allowed I guess. But to be serious whatever this "newer version" of 6/21 is, unless it's a transfer of Mike's original master tapes I doubt it's an upgrade in any way.

Oh wow, my comment was deleted. No fun allowed I guess. But to be serious whatever this "newer version" of 6/21 is, unless it's a transfer of Mike's original master tapes I doubt it's an upgrade in any way.

There is a torrent containing a complete set of Mike's unmarked tapes for 6-19 - 6-21 -6-23 - 6-25 - 6-27 - 1977, it came out in 2010.

Notes:
Alternate set of unmarked tapes for this show transferred with Dolby B on as per Mike's notes on the tape labels using an adjustable outboard Dolby B unit. This is the 1st time (May 2010) these tapes have ever been digitized. The sound is completely unaltered except for pitch correction during playback and fades added for each of the tape flips.

There is a torrent containing a complete set of Mike's unmarked tapes for 6-19 - 6-21 -6-23 - 6-25 - 6-27 - 1977, it came out in 2010.

Notes:

Alternate set of unmarked tapes for this show transferred with Dolby B on as per Mike's notes on the tape labels using an adjustable outboard Dolby B unit. This is the 1st time (May 2010) these tapes have ever been digitized. The sound is completely unaltered except for pitch correction during playback and fades added for each of the tape flips.

I always hated Dolby used on cassettes. Made the sound dull and flat.

Notes:

Yes but those are 1st gen tapes. I'm saying the only upgrade would be if the masters were transferred.

• 7 months later...

I have to admit, I find it humorous when people ask where they can find bootlegs, regardless of what band they're interested in listening to. When I started collecting Pink Floyd bootlegs, half the fun was scouring the Internet looking for them. I didn't ask anyone to get them for me or tell me where to find them. I don't know, maybe it's me.

:goodpost:

I agree with you, researching and tracking down concerts is most of the fun. I use Dave Lewis' book, The Hotel (RO), the details and reviews on The Not A Nickle site. uuweb, LZ Database, BootLedZ and, of course, this site. Oh and the Long Live Led Zeppelin blog I've just discovered. I hate being handed stuff on a plate, I like to go looking and gathering as much information as I can on any given release. OCD maybe but it keeps me happy for many hours - that and looking at cat memes. :video_chat:

I agree with you, researching and tracking down concerts is most of the fun. I use Dave Lewis' book, The Hotel (RO), the details and reviews on The Not A Nickle site. uuweb, LZ Database, BootLedZ and, of course, this site. Oh and the Long Live Led Zeppelin blog I've just discovered. I hate being handed stuff on a plate, I like to go looking and gathering as much information as I can on any given release. OCD maybe but it keeps me happy for many hours - that and looking at cat memes. :video_chat:

mmmmmm, not sure about that. I also recently discovered the LLLZ blog, and was extremely grateful that instead of scouring and searching, I could just listen! I have many, many a show from Hunter now and have not yet listened to them all, but have notes compiled from various posts (here mostly) on what shows/songs are outstanding. This is handy for someone who has many responsibilities and limited "me time". I can grab, and listen to brilliant recordings from every era - and try not to get distracted by stuff like Conneyfogle (youtube) that has at times derailed my planned listening session - and gratefully so.

I can well understand the 'fun' of discovering this stuff for yourself, but not when your time poor.

Don't feel bad- old farts like myself usedta have to scour actual RECORD STORES (indie stores, natch) in order to find bootlegs. 

One more time: we have been completely spoiled by the internet, torrent sites, etc. The thrill of the hunt is gone, to paraphrase B.B..

"Fuck yeah!"

"'Heartbreaker'!!!!"

"We've had the guitar lesson!"

"Bring on Neil Young!!!" (I am convinced Neil, who was a big Zeppelin fan, was actually at this show, since Robert makes a point of saying "Well, Neil?" during "Black Country Woman"...you didn't happen to see ol' Shakey there, eh, Strider?)

And my personal favourite, about ten or so minutes into "No Quarter":

"Somebody just threw it...I don't know where it came from." :lol:

I love those audience captures Nutrocker!!  All I can picture is some long haired, flared pants wearing
teenage kid in 1977 having the time of his life. Lucky son-of-a-b!tch 
:lol:

I love those audience captures Nutrocker!!  All I can picture is some long haired, flared pants wearingteenage kid in 1977 having the time of his life. Lucky son-of-a-b!tch :lol:

Ask forum member Strider all about it...he was at both the "Eddie" AND "Badgeholders" shows.

Archived