If you're a Zeppelin fan you've done the following:

Joe Schmo

I'm so glad I'm leaving :stop:

:lol: When I started listening to my Zeppelin on my MP3 player in the car, I'd get all confused because my MP3 player doesn't play the tracks in order they were put on the albums. I usually choose "shuffle all" or "shuffle" under the Zeppelin title. :lol:

Here's another one

I've perfected the way to pound out rythmns on my dashboard and steering wheel when I'm driving. I get a lot of stares in traffic. :lol: It keeps me happy though.

I'm particularly good at being Jimmy and JPJ at once on "Bron-Yr-Stomp." :lol: I get embarassed when I realize someone's watching me. :blink::blush::ph34r:

lol...good one! Oh and Mand you are very cute by the way. :D

sent 13 letters to jimmy page's fan address

called the birkshire operator askin for jimmy pages phone number--hahahaha

hitchhiked to N'orleans thinkin page would miraculously be there too!!

at 18 or thereabouts--twas a good one nonetheless!!

Hey I've come a long way since then

Unless your grandkids being alone in the livin room while your crossed legged on your bed with your laptop blubberin on and on bout your favorite band in the whole wide world

HHHmmmm gotta go yall

note to self do not get back on this site till after xmas--you've got shoppin to do!!!

1. Done the air drum roll with John Bonham at the end of Whole Lotta Love

2. And the beginning of Rock n Roll

3. You know that, man for man, there has never been a more musically talented band ever

4. You've wondered why, oh why, couldn't they have toured JUST ONCE in the last 25 years

5. You've strummed your thumb and forefinger together along with John Paul Jones during that bass riff in Good Times, Bad Times

6. And Dazed and Confused

7. Wondered, "If Bonham hadn't died, how long would they have stayed together?"

8. You, along with Robert Plant, have screamed, "You've been bad to me, woman but it's coming back home to you" while listening to Your Time is Gonna Come

9. Tried to play the opening guitar riff on Over the Hills and Far Away (Even I'VE done that and I have zero musical ability)

10. You can't imagine anyone besides Robert Plant being the lead singer of that band

11. Felt your heart race while Jimmy Page whales on the guitar in Dazed and Confused

12. And Nobody's Fault But Mine

13. And The Song Remains the Same

14. And...well....you get the idea

15. Cliched as it is, you NEVER get tired of hearing Stairway to Heaven

16. The first time you heard the words in Misty Mountain Hop, you thought to yourself, "What the HELL are they talking about?"

17. Even though they didn't sound that great, you still thought it was pretty cool when they reunited at Live-Aid

18. Thought that John Paul Jones was very underrated and in many ways, the lynch pin of the band

19. Marveled, and I mean TRULY MARVELED, at how talented a guitarist Jimmy Page is

20. Said to yourself, "If I were to win the 100 million dollar lotto, I would pay Zep whatever I had to in order to get them to play a concert at the local neighborhood bar by my house."

Well, there's my short list. I'm sure if I thought about it I could come up with several more. Anyone have any of their own they would like to add?

How about dropping your jaw fhen listening to Page whail during Since ive been loving you live

I thought of another one. You hear "Heartbreaker" on the radio. Being the Zephead that you are, you have been conditioned to expect it to go right into "Livin Lovin Maid." Then when it DOESN'T (commercial, song by a different band), you think it sounds strange. It's like you're waiting for the other shoe to drop and it doesn't.

actually, just the opposite for me.

all the classic stations AUTOMATICALLY play the 2 together, and I want to scream "they're 2 different songs, they don't HAVE to follow each other except on the fuggin' vinyl!" :lolo:

for me, it's having listened to Presence so often as a kid that now, at 47, I can still hear the entire 9 minutes of Achilles' Last Stand, note for blistering note, in my head.

Achilles' is also my penultimate air solo track.

Greatest.Guitar solo. EVER.

lol...good one! Oh and Mand you are very cute by the way. :D

I do it all the time! Get caught, that is!

been caught dancing by yourself to Rock and Roll on more than one occasion. :D

^see above... :hysterical:

I usually get all embarrassed if anyone hears me singing along...

Here's another one:

You never realized how long the vocal breaks are in "Over the Hills and Far Away" until you've had the chance to drink a pint while singing it karaoke!

(I drank my beer and then my friend's too during the guitar breaks...) :lol:

Either recently, or perhaps in your misspent youth, you've scrawled, scratched, or otherwise written

Z

L E D

P

P

E

L

I

N

on a school desk, bathroom stall, or wall somewhere; I know I did and so did an awful lot of apparent Led Zep fans where I grew up :DB) . . .

proudly display the "four symbols" window decal on your car

...or draw them everywhere

School Desks

Playground equipment

Picnic Tables-while on lunch break at your job

Scraps of paper;while on hold on a telephone call

On your denim jacket;with permanent marker

Spray-painted on an overpass

Scrawled in used fried-chicken grease

Tattooed on your arm.....

Reading this thread , I just burst out laughing (does anybody remember ... oh , never mind!)because I HAVE DONE ALMOST ALL OF THESE THINGS! My ringtone on my cell is the opening riff of 'Candy Store Rock' , and my wife got pissed at me one day . She called me while I was listening to the song in my truck and it all blended together! Needless to say , I didn't answer . Even worse , when someone calls , I end up waitng to answer to hear as much of the riff as possible!

All these are certainly true for me:

- are unable to sit still listening to 'The Ocean' and 'Rock And Roll'. Of all of Zeppelin's catalog, these are the two songs that I play air guitar to the most. I also jump around like a lunatic.

- scrawled the four symbols and the lyrics to 'Stairway To Heaven' on your brown paper bag cover to one of your schoolbooks. I remember doing this back in 7th grade. It took some time to copy the Stairway lyrics onto the cover with the same font that's used in the fourth album's inner sleeve. This was possibly the first time I did something like this because of this band and its iconography. Wouldn't be the last.

-another schooldays nugget: draw Zeppelins crashing, Swan Song Apollo logos, double-neck SGs, and the gatefold to both the fourth album and Houses of the Holy on the margins of your schoolwork.

- this may not necessarily apply to many others, but I used to buy this incense called Kashmir, and I would burn it while playing the song of the same name and stare at my buddy's Hermit blacklight poster. Dazed but not really all the confused.

- own and wear quite often at least 3 Led Zeppelin t-shirts. I own 6 of 'em, with a seventh on the way (I recently ordered the tie-dye III album cover shirt: http://oldglory.com/lp/product?product_id=011591LZTS&atc=froogle&utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=Froogle ://http://oldglory.com/lp/product?prod...mpaign=Froogle ://http://oldglory.com/lp/product?prod...mpaign=Froogle ).

Oh I've done better, I work in a record shop and I was talking bout led zeppelin, and a young guy start saying that zep never been a good band and that their music is boring. Well, he had no reply and got thrown out of the show up. The last words he heard? well you have thank god Richard Cole is not around. l

got problem with connection, think nobody understood what I wrote. The quote was full of mistakes. Apologies to all. I'm italian and I don't even write in good english. Anyway in myshop there's one rule: Never talk bad about Led Zep. You will get in serious trouble

How about trying to smoke a fag without using your hands whislt you play your guitar

only to blind yourself with smoke & realise it's not as easy as it looks!

Jeez yes, spent years on that one, mastered it though. Unfortunately I now only play classical guitar, and not sure how cool that looks on a high back chair with a footstool, music stand and ash down my shirt.

Either recently, or perhaps in your misspent youth, you've scrawled, scratched, or otherwise written

Z

L E D

P

P

E

L

I

N

on a school desk, bathroom stall, or wall somewhere; I know I did and so did an awful lot of apparent Led Zep fans where I grew up :DB) . . .

In addition to the cross-style graffiti, I remember the band's name written in the TSRTS-style lettering was frequently seen all over as well . . .

Another thing that made you a "true" Zep fan back when I was growing up(L.A, late 70s-early 80s) was you had to have seen TSRTS at a midnight showing, while stoned; if you were really cool/reckless, you fired up in the theater itself(or bragged about doing it anyway) . . .

Have gotten laid more times wearing your Jimmy Page The Legend Shirt than times wearing anything else.

Annoy the hell outta your friends by talkin bout zep all the time and try to get them to listen to em and force it upon them.

Your uncle and his friends play acoustic guitar and harmonica and listen to and accept pretty much nothing but Chris LeDoux yet you blow their minds by bustin out Over The Hills And Far Away intro to them.

Went to South Padre on spring break where everyone was listening to nothing but hip hop and some Gasolina song and you backed your truck up to the hotel door, threw in How The West Was Won and Lynryd Skynyrd Greatest hits and not only rocked the most badass party in about 3 blocks but had some frat guy w/ a corvette throwin a party on the other side of the hotel and tried to get everyone to leave your party to come to his but no one did and then eveyrone at his came to yours and he hung his head down low and bowed down to the mighty zep and came to your party and then you played Stairway To Heaven 12 minute live version twice in a row! And the people stayed til the cops shutter down.

Archived