Kashmir 1980 zurich

ThelegendaryZepp

They do get lost in this as they did several times on this song during Europe 1980. But this Zurich version does sound pretty cool. Especially, when Jimmy finds his way back and restarts the main riff. Love this part of the song, even though done unintentionally.

Check out the version from 27-4-77, Jimmy goes missing for about a minute.

Tom,

Is this the soundboard or audience recording? Always get confused which is which from Cleveland, but I have both. My guess is that it's the SB as the aud was a much better performance. One of the better gigs from '77. I'll have to take a listen to hear Jimmy do is. Wonder what happened during this?

Tom,

Is this the soundboard or audience recording? Always get confused which is which from Cleveland, but I have both. My guess is that it's the SB as the aud was a much better performance. One of the better gigs from '77. I'll have to take a listen to hear Jimmy do is. Wonder what happened during this?

4/27 is the soundboard, and 4/28 is the audience, and 4/28 was the better performance.

Tom,

It is indeed the SBD.

i realize the band got lost a bit on this one.......which makes it one of my faves........the zurich show is simply a clean board for the 80 tour......one of the first cd boots to come out as "tour over europe".............which astonished me at the time...

fact is........a couple tunes from the show were released as a radio show tribute for bonzo............trampled and kashmir.......the soundboard recording of kashmir released for the show still lacked the very end of the performance.......wheras the audience quote by plant at the end summed it up............."i don't know how we got through it"

very fun performance........great show from that tour;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived