New Rolling Stones Book

kenog

A Keith Richards' former gofer trying to make a buck. Oh well, aren't we all!

It is called 'Up And Down With The Rolling Stones' by Tony Sanchez, published by John Blake

Read more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1320638/The-girl-nearly-broke-Stones-Keith-Richards-gofer-recalls-riotous-life-road.html

Nothing new about it but a great read that epitomizes sex, drugs and R&R. I put emphasis on drugs because there are truckloads of it in this book.

I thought at first this was a reprint because I've got another book by him from years ago that treads a lot of this same ground--must dig it out and see what it's called. Even the title sounds familiar! I remember that it also didn't stint on the sex, drugs, and etc.

Yes, here it is--from 1979.

Amazon link

I can't understand why the Daily Mail featured this book, if it is from years ago. The only explanation I can offer if that sometimes when there is a bidding war between newspapers for serialisation of a new book (keef's autobiography) and a particular newspaper loses out, they publish excerpts from another book.

I read that book years ago. If I’m not mistaken, the author wrote about Keith’s blood change. I get enough fiction in real life.

Changing the subject a little, I got my blu-ray and dvd of Ladies And Gentlemen yesterday. It was worth the wait.

The dvd version changes layers during Keith’s tuning up for “Midnight Rambler”. That’s not an issue with blu-ray.

They left off about 15 minutes from the beginning of the original movie, but at least they still have that airplane or whatever sound at the end. Many theaters used to stop the screening of the film before it got to that part.

On the extras it was a little disappointing that they only have one performance of “Tumbling Dice”. I have a boot of that stuff with two versions of the song. My boot also has another instrumental jam and a video for “Loving Cup” made around the same time.

In case you haven’t heard there will be a Deluxe version of Ladies And Gentlemen released in November:

http://cheltjules.wordpress.com/2010/08/30/the-rolling-stones-%E2%80%9Cladies-gentlemen-%E2%80%93-deluxe-limited-edition%E2%80%9D-released/

I read that book years ago. If I’m not mistaken, the author wrote about Keith’s blood change. I get enough fiction in real life.

Changing the subject a little, I got my blu-ray and dvd of Ladies And Gentlemen yesterday. It was worth the wait.

The dvd version changes layers during Keith’s tuning up for “Midnight Rambler”. That’s not an issue with blu-ray.

They left off about 15 minutes from the beginning of the original movie, but at least they still have airplane or whatever sound at the end. Many theaters used to stop the screening of the film before it got to that part.

On the extras it was a little disappointing that they only have one performance of “Tumbling Dice”. I have a boot of that stuff with two versions of the song. My boot also has another instrumental jam and a video for “Loving Cup” made around the same time.

In case you haven’t heard there will be a Deluxe version of Ladies And Gentlemen released in November:

http://cheltjules.wo...80%9D-released/

Great post Gospel Zone :yourock: . Thanks for letting us know about this Deluxe version. Any idea how much it will be?

Great post Gospel Zone :yourock: . Thanks for letting us know about this Deluxe version. Any idea how much it will be?

You're welcome. I posted it a week or two ago on another Stones thread but no one seemed to respond to it, so I thought I'd give you guys another chance.

Right now it's $89.99 on amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Ladies-Gentlemen-Rolling-Stones-Numbered/dp/B0042O85ES

When I first found out about it and pre-ordered mine it was $69.99.

I watched both the blu-ray and the dvd. The blu-ray is great but there's something wrong with the 5.1 dolby and DTS sound on the dvd. I wonder if they may have a production problem with the dvd. The bass goes in and out. The stereo track is fine. There have been others pointing this same thing out in their reviews on amazon.com.

I'm so glad I have the blu-ray otherwise I'd be major pissed.

Archived