Your Avatar

Emily008

Hi! I'm Emily. :)

This is my first post here...I would have posted much earlier but I am slightly tongue-tied! :blush:

Anyway, I have seen so many interesting avatars around here. Some of Zep, some related to hippie and 60's stuff! :D

So, I was just wondering what the story behind your avatar is?

Well, as you can see, I adore cats! That's why I chose that avatar! Believe it or not, I have 4 cats and I keep photos of them in my purse along with a nice photo of my son and husband! Those 4 cats are pretty much a part of the family! :lol:

Anyway, it will be great if you guys could reply! Please be gentle! I am rather new here! :blush:

Hi Emily,

Welcome to the Led Zep' forum! :wave:

I'm a huge fan of Pre-Raphaelite art, and my favourite artist of all time is John William Waterhouse, and my favourite painting is The Lady of Shallot. My current avatar is a painting called Mariana by John Everett Millais which I really love.

Jimmy Page is a collector of Pre-Raphaelite art, and there is a Rossetti painting in one of the windows of the original LP cover of Physical Graffiti, so I guess it fits in with the Zeppelin theme!

Magic

PS I'm a pet lover as well, and carry pictures of them around with me! ;)

Hey there Emily! :)

So, you're a newbie eh? Sweet! Hope you enjoy your stay at the most interesting forum on the net! :D

Anyway, if you don't know already, I am pretty obsessed with everything 60s. The music, the MOD culture, the art, the fashion statements made by the youth those days are included in my list of my interests! So, in view of my interests, I chose my avatar! I found it thanks to google! LOL! :lol:

Here's a closer look :

029c0605ll60s-style-peace-sign-with-guitar-neck-posters.jpg?t=1287145936

Pretty groovy stuff in my opinion! ;)

And I love your avi too! :D

But sadly, I ain't allowed to keep cats in my apartment because I live on the 15th floor and my mom and dad are both allergic to them! :blink:

Hi! I'm Emily. :)

This is my first post here...I would have posted much earlier but I am slightly tongue-tied! :blush:

Anyway, I have seen so many interesting avatars around here. Some of Zep, some related to hippie and 60's stuff! :D

So, I was just wondering what the story behind your avatar is?

Well, as you can see, I adore cats! That's why I chose that avatar! Believe it or not, I have 4 cats and I keep photos of them in my purse along with a nice photo of my son and husband! Those 4 cats are pretty much a part of the family! :lol:

Anyway, it will be great if you guys could reply! Please be gentle! I am rather new here! :blush:

I like you already!!! I love my three cats and yes, my human family members are okay also. :P

My avatar is a picture of me from my Glamour Shots I had taken in April of this year.

It's a guitar pick. I put the pick on a black vinyl date book, scanned it and then cropped and adjusted it for size.... and eureka, there's my Avatar!

A guy in a music store gave me some of those picks for free (in order to get rid of them) because he was afraid that someones mother or whatever would complain for fear they might corrupt their innocent child.

Welcome to the forum, Emily – enjoy!

My av is from a T-shirt I saw while I was in Orlando for a Photoshop conference.

I found the whole juxtaposition of retro-style clip-art with a modern topic hilarious.

I still may buy the shirt, it's fairly common.

Unlike most forums I frequent, this is the only av I've used here.

7721i-noticed-that-you-re-gangster-i-m-pretty-gangster-myself-posters.jpg

I'm really into The Who and I want to put up a Who-themed avatar. One day a few months ago I was browsing pictures of Roger Daltrey on photobucket and I came across the avatar. What attracted me to it was not only Roger ;) but "I'm so happy". I thought it was appropriate for me because I dig Roger and I have been very happy the last few months. :D

It uses this image:

roger.jpg

You guys are so nice! Thank you for all your replies! Much appreciated! :D

Kiwi_Zep, I like both your avis. The one with the psychedelic guitar and the other of Robert and Jimmy! And I couldn't stop starring either at those two angelic faces! :wub:

Magic Fills The Air, your avi is incredibly sophisticated and beautiful! I have always been an admirer of wonderful works of art! :D

Electrophile, your avi reminded me exactly why autumn is one of the most beautiful seasons! What lovely scenary!

ebk, I too love champagne! ;)

Austrian_zeppelin, so glad you got a chance to meet John Paul Jones! That must have been an incredible experience!

Hey Hey What Can I Do, thanks to you, I think I'm in love with Roger Daltrey! What a gorgeous photo! :wub:

Babs, your avi cracked me up!! :P

Typo, thank you! I am really enjoying myself here! And the logo of your avi is too funny! Good one! :thumbsup:

implanted, you are a really pretty lady! I mean it! And we cat lovers ought to stick together don't you think? ;)

DMachine, love the animated avi!

You guys are so nice! Thank you for all your replies! Much appreciated! :D

Kiwi_Zep, I like both your avis. The one with the psychedelic guitar and the other of Robert and Jimmy! And I couldn't stop starring either at those two angelic faces! :wub:

Magic Fills The Air, your avi is incredibly sophisticated and beautiful! I have always been an admirer of wonderful works of art! :D

Electrophile, your avi reminded me exactly why autumn is one of the most beautiful seasons! What lovely scenary!

ebk, I too love champagne! ;)

Austrian_zeppelin, so glad you got a chance to meet John Paul Jones! That must have been an incredible experience!

Hey Hey What Can I Do, thanks to you, I think I'm in love with Roger Daltrey! What a gorgeous photo! :wub:

Babs, your avi cracked me up!! :P

Typo, thank you! I am really enjoying myself here! And the logo of your avi is too funny! Good one! :thumbsup:

implanted, you are a really pretty lady! I mean it! And we cat lovers ought to stick together don't you think? ;)

DMachine, love the animated avi!

You're welcome Emily. I'm glad so many other members have welcomed you to the forum. I've also found it really interesting discovering why other members chose their avatar, especially the more unusual ones. :D

Well, I've decided to change my avi back to what it was originally! I love the whole psychedelic vibe of the one I posted here earlier but I do miss starring at Robert and Jimmy everytime I post something! :D

My original avi was this :

closeness.jpg?t=1287462034

And it is staying put from now on that's for sure!!! :lol:

I think you've made the right decision. :yesnod: I liked you psychedelic gutiar Kiwi, but I liked your old avatar more! Robert and Jimmy look so young and angelic in that picture. :angel:

I love everyone's avitars! They are all very creative. I particularly like the ones that are seasonal and the Led Zeppelin ones and the ones that have been personalized.

Mine is of my dog with her Ohio State jersey on, standing near the book "Rock Guitar For Dummies" that was laying on the floor.

The pic was taken after opening Christmas gifts one year. My oldest son got the book and my dog got her jersey for Christmas. My dog was not too happy to have the jersey on. Now she only wears it for really big Ohio State football and basketball games.

Oor Wullie. My grandmother in Scotland used to send me the annuals as well as a months worth of Sunday Post newspapers ! If she could have, she'd probably have sent a few meat pies as well :lol:

Archived