House in Malibu...

jaygriff

Thanks for sharing this with us Jaygriff.:) How do you know that this was the one? It looks fantastic.

I knew it was down Looshen St and on this website came across the house and read the owners profile...

"In 1995, we came across this amazing house, which had a great history. Many celebrities had lived there, from Jan Michael Vincent to some members of Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Page and quite a few Hollywood actors and well known musicians like Captain and Tenille. The house was a rare example of old Malibu charm, had still many original features like the Malibu tile factory fireplace, the original ceiling beams and the old California cinderblocks. THe house was in need of serious remodelind but it all looked worth it. We embraced the challenge and are glad we did."

http://www.vrbo.com/143681#ownerprofile

I knew it was down Looshen St and on this website came across the house and read the owners profile...

"In 1995, we came across this amazing house, which had a great history. Many celebrities had lived there, from Jan Michael Vincent to some members of Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Page and quite a few Hollywood actors and well known musicians like Captain and Tenille. The house was a rare example of old Malibu charm, had still many original features like the Malibu tile factory fireplace, the original ceiling beams and the old California cinderblocks. THe house was in need of serious remodelind but it all looked worth it. We embraced the challenge and are glad we did."

http://www.vrbo.com/...81#ownerprofile

Thanks Jaygriff:beer:

• 3 months later...

Is this the house where they worked on ALS ? Robert told a friend he went with Jimmy into the desert of marocco to write ALS.

But others say they worked on this song in a house in Malibu.

Was the furniture the same in these days?

Is this the house where they worked on ALS ? Robert told a friend he went with Jimmy into the desert of marocco to write ALS.

But others say they worked on this song in a house in Malibu.

Was the furniture the same in these days?

Robert & Jimmy went to Morroco in June 1975 and as I understand it that trip influenced the lyrics of Kashmir, Jimmy already having the song recorded in instrumental form as early as February 1975. Some if not all of the lyrics to Kashmir were written during that trip in the shadows of the Atlas Mountains. Unsure if the lyrics to Achilles Last Stand were completed while there (doubtful) but it's plausible Robert had started writing lyrics which were incorporated later. Note both the working and final title of the song were inspired by the injuries Robert sustained in the car crash on Rhodes occuring August 4th 1975.

Robert & Jimmy arrived in Malibu later that month, and I believe Jimmy devised the scale he wanted to use for it before JPJ

& Bonham joined them in Malibu about three weeks later. I'll see if I can come up with some relevant quotations.

Robert & Jimmy went to Morroco in June 1975 and as I understand it that trip influenced the lyrics of Kashmir, Jimmy already having the song recorded in instrumental form as early as February 1975. Some if not all of the lyrics to Kashmir were written during that trip in the shadows of the Atlas Mountains. Unsure if the lyrics to Achilles Last Stand were completed while there (doubtful) but it's plausible Robert had started writing lyrics which were incorporated later. Note both the working and final title of the song were inspired by the injuries Robert sustained in the car crash on Rhodes occuring August 4th 1975.

Robert & Jimmy arrived in Malibu later that month, and I believe Jimmy devised the scale he wanted to use for it before JPJ

& Bonham joined them in Malibu about three weeks later. I'll see if I can come up with some relevant quotations.

To work on such a masterpiece would take some time.Robert said that the soul of ALS was found by him and Jimmy in the desert.

Archived