Bonhams birthplace

Timmot

The Alexandra Hospital located in Redditch is one of the three major hospitals that comprise the Worcestershire Hospitals NHS Trust, the others being located in Worcester and Kidderminster. I have not had the opportunity to obtain a copy of the birth certificate from public records to confirm John Bonham was born at Alexandra Hospital.

According to his brother, the late Mick Bonham, John was born after 26 hours of labor, after which his heart stopped but he was revived by a doctor. The Bonham's resided in Hunt End on the outskirts of Redditch at the time.

The Alexandra Hospital wasn't built when Bonham was born, most people in Redditch were born at the Bromsgrove hospital until the 1990's, but as John was born in the 1940's it's not even sure the hospital in Bromsgrove existed !

I am only curious because I went to the same school as Bonham, Lodge Farm middle school, though many years after John and was born locally in a street called Arthur Street and heard once that John also lived there as a infant, I thought it would be nice to know if it was true or not !

The Alexandra Hospital wasn't built when Bonham was born, most people in Redditch were born at the Bromsgrove hospital until the 1990's, but as John was born in the 1940's it's not even sure the hospital in Bromsgrove existed !

I am only curious because I went to the same school as Bonham, Lodge Farm middle school, though many years after John and was born locally in a street called Arthur Street and heard once that John also lived there as a infant, I thought it would be nice to know if it was true or not !

It's known for certain his parents resided on Hunt End at the time of his birth. It's possible they may have moved to Arthur Street while he was an infant, but I don't recall his brother ever alluding to such a move. Perhaps they had friends or family who resided on Arthur Street. I'll continue looking into it, as well as the hospital. Perhaps the answer will be received and posted via this site's webmaster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It would be very sad if Bonzo's heart wouldn't be revived after he was born!

When I visited the graveyard where Bonzo is buried, I wrote in the visitors book in the church: Thanks for the heartbeat of Led Zeppelin-it goes on!!

So the whole story about his heart stopping means something special to me, because I wrote in that bbook, that his heart is actually still beating in all those Led Zeppelin songs!!

:drumz::wub:

It would be very sad if Bonzo's heart wouldn't be revived after he was born!

When I visited the graveyard where Bonzo is buried, I wrote in the visitors book in the church: Thanks for the heartbeat of Led Zeppelin-it goes on!!

So the whole story about his heart stopping means something special to me, because I wrote in that bbook, that his heart is actually still beating in all those Led Zeppelin songs!!

That was a cool thing that you did there. Really! ;)

Archived