POST CONCERT REVIEWS HERE.

They were outstandingly brilliant, believe me.

Yes there were moments when Planty couldn't reach the high notes and Pagey lost part of a solo BUT they were few and more than compensated for by the sheer power and energy of the whole performance.

It was everything I'd hoped it would be and more, the setlist was amazing.

I have been to hundreds of gigs, seen all the big bands and THIS was the greatest concert experience of my like.

No joke.

I wish you could all have been there.

Reading jameskg's review gave me goosebumps. It must have been the experience of a lifetime for every lucky Zep-head who had made it to the O2 arena last night... I can only hope the rest of us will be treated with a DVD-release or, God forbid, a world tour.

Yes it was really better than I could imagine, they did pull it off !! I (we Angel of Avalon) feel so lucky to of been there. Great to meet Mr and mrs Whyalla (friends for life ), Lee, Chicken,Tawny Paul who made queueing for merchandise alot better(with his Ev Tshirt ) a guy called Greg who pops on here everynow and then! To all the people at the Zep Do the night before and all the random people just taking Zep in the queue to get in.

I can never go to another concert it was that good for me, I never saw Zeppelin in hey day so I cannot really compare but as far as all solo gigs I been to and P/P this was the Dogs dangly bits !!! This was because JPJ was there and Jason was on the button !

We got into the arena about 6.10 local time, we went straight to the front of the mixing desk where we could lean back on the fence, a blessing as Angel has a bad knee ! and we were centre and being tall had a great view !! We had colour wristband envy before we went in but then as we bagged 2 of about 15 spots in front of said mixing desk we had people standing in front with looking back with something to sit against envy ( all only a bit of fun )

There others came and went (members of yes, ELP and Bad company doing Fanfare for a common man and paul Rogers getting the crowd going with All right now were good early Highlights !!

But we were all here to See Zeppelin !

They came on just before Nine and thru me with Good Times Bad times as the opener, but it worked and Jimmy flanged type solo really set the whole thing off well. Next was Ramble on I think I had passed out by now with the sheer excitment of seeing them on stage !! Black Dog was realy good and the crowd were very pumped up for this with the aghh aghh aghhh aghhhhh bit !! at points it was difficult to hear everything due to the sheer power of what was coming out the speakers !! In My Time of Dying was good with Slide guitar.

The 2nd highlight for me after the opener and them coming on stage was For Your Life, this was one heavy motherf*cker, this live sounded so good !! That riff tore thru the speakers so clearly and I could feel my whole body just vibrating form the sheer force !! This was a wow moment for me !!

Trampled rocked the place down or should I say funked it down with the crowd moving to that funky riff. They were now really into it and you could see they new they were pulling this off as the crowd were going ape ! Nobodys fault but mine was tight..well everything was wel rehearsed !!

It was good to see JPJ do No Quarter and his playing is so understated but always on the Money and you could see he was happy !!

Since I been Loving you was loud and I have heard better but it still moved me as it always does !!

The 3rd Highlight was Dazed and Confused Jimmy amd his Bow section sounded as it always does like we were in the waiting line to meet the devil himself !! it sounded soo eerie live..Goose bumps thinking about it now !!! Stairway, TSRTS and Misty mountain Hop were all good, Yes even Stairway was sung with conviction by Robert !! and Jason sang vocals on Misty mountain with Robert !! not bad actually. You could see by now that they were all smilling and happy and there were a few nice momments when they looked at ech other and you could see they were routing for each other, also happy in the knowledge that this was indeed coming off and they were living up to the hype of the gig !!

Fourth highlight was Kashmir This sounded really clear and the riff again cut thru the speakers, when Jones middle eastern bit kicks in it just tore the Place down !! Everyone singing along to it !! This was the number to finish the main set with as they had a 5 min ovaition when they finished and came back on to kick into WLL with the Therium !! This again sounded soo awsome and I was in cuckoo land !!

They went off again and came back for what was for me a masterstoke playing Rock'n'Roll last (as i thought they would open up the show with it). This was really the best song to do last, it was 20,000 people singing along to such a rollicking song !!

I cannot describe how i feel, you will have better reviews on here than mine, but I can tell you I had a tear in my eye as we drove up on the Sunday morning and a tear when they came on !! This was a concert I feel so lucky to have been at. Just the sheer emotion, power and build up to it was like an orgasm as they delivered and left you fully satisfied :D

On that performance they could do more shows !! if not then how lucky was I ! :D

I've just written up a huge blog on MySpace, which is what I've copied this from. The original, with pictures and everything, is http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...=337113138]here. I've bolded the bit about Led Zeppelin. :)

I am absolutely fucking knackered, but I wanna write this now while it's still as fresh as possible in my mind. It seems like a lifetime ago now that I was sat on the computer all day, repeatedly trying to actually get on the ahmettribute.com website, let alone register my name to be entered into the ticket ballot. Unsurprisingly, judging by the number of people that applied, I wasn't successful, and upsetting as it was, I was already coming trying to come to terms with the fact that I was never, ever going to see Led Zeppelin, my favourite band of all time. To say I was fine with it would be a lie, but I was at least able to reach a bit of a compromise about it in my mind.

That was, until a few months ago, when I got an e-mail off a guy called Lee off the led-zeppelin.com (now simply ledzeppelin.com) messageboard offering me his spare ticket. I have to be honest, I was a little dubious at first. I did recognise the username he told me, but it wasn't exactly someone I was friendly with on the board, and what with all the money and organisation involved, just for a few moments the sensible side of me took over and thought "I just can't go". It seemed like such an epic task. However, I knew that wasn't gonna last long. I absolutely had to take this risk. Lee also informed me that he'd bought his passcode off eBay, and at the time it was still a bit up-in-the-air what was going on with these particular tickets. Harvey Goldsmith had said from the start that people who have got their passcodes on eBay will absolutely not be let into the gig, but as time went on, he seemed to loosen the shackles on this more and more. For this reason, Lee said he'd rather I didn't mention it anywhere, just so we didn't draw attention to ourselves as having got tickets via eBay. That was fine by me. I was up for anything.

The next thing was organising the trip and getting someone to come with me. At first I asked my mum and (my stepdad) Les, but they were unable to come. I told them I'll go on my own, to which mum got all motherly and demanded that I didn't do that. Next stop was my boyfriend Bob, and I have to say I was very surprised when he said he'd come without hesitation. He said he'd "only worry about me" if he didn't come. I will be eternally grateful for this, and I don't think he realises how much it meant to me.

This Sunday just gone, the day finally arrived when me and Bob were getting the train down to London for this incredible few days to begin. After a total fuck up on the train around Coventry, we finally got the hotel about an hour later than planned, and went off to the O2 as soon as possible to meet Lee. He was anxious to pick up the tickets on the Sunday just to put his mind at rest, so at about 4pm we joined the epic queue that stretched practically right back to the front door of the complex.Two hours and a lot of overhearing of Americans later (as well as being recognised from the back of my head by a lady known as Fire Opal on the board!), we actually had the wristbands on our wrists and the tickets in our hands. It was actually REAL now...properly REAL...but I don't think it'd quite sunk in even then.

After that, we went for a drink and Lee bought us all a bottle of champagne to celebrate! I felt right privileged.

Tired, but very happy, me and Bob got the tube back to our dive of a hotel near Euston Station. I practically fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow and willed tomorrow to come!

It was an early start on Monday. We got to the O2 (even though I was a bit sick of the sight of the place!) at about 10 and met Lee again because we all wanted to go and see the Tutankhamum exhibition which was just wonderful. Although having to queue to see exhibits because the place was so fucking full was a bit of a ballache, and the cheesy music they were piping in was slightly annoying, but it was just awesome to see the treasure. Such beautiful objects!

After that we made our way up to Islington to meet some of my very good board friends, Carolyn and her daugher, plus a couple of their friends, and we had a lovely dinner in a little place called Sequel. It was awesome to meet them after all this time!

And then after that we hopped back on the tube and went for a little walk around Covent Garden, but that was a bit rushed, which was a shame. Although it wasn't rushed without good reason - we had to get back to the O2!

By this point I think Bob was feeling a bit miserable, which I don't blame him for. Especially seeing as the time was creeping up where he'd have to spend about five hours on his own inside the dome. He had a plan though, and in the end he saw two films...which did make me feel a little better. I would've hated for him to just be wandering around on his own for that long. Talk about boring. Although the films didn't sound like they were up to much either.

After a quick drink in The Slug & Lettuce (the busiest pub in the world), another brief meeting with Carolyn and a rushed Japanese meal out of a plastic box, me and Lee left Bob and made our way over to the queue to get inside! This didn't take as long as I thought it would. The venue is very impressive! Once I got in there I went sort of quiet after a while. The excitement and the fact that it was the end of all the waiting, and the fact that it would soon be over was a little too much for me, I think!

At about quarter past seven, Harvey Goldsmith took to the stage and the night kicked off. First band on were a Yes/Emerson, Lake & Palmer/Bad Company hybrid act that played Fanfare For The Common Man. To be honest I found it a little cheesy. Keith Emerson's keyboard solo was brilliant in parts, but for the most part I found it slightly vomit-inducing.

Next up was Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings. The whole load of support acts wasn't really set up the way I was expecting. These guys worked like a backing band to a load of different singers. The first of which was a guy in a rather flamboyant red suit who I didn't recognise. He did a pretty good version of Ray Charles's I Gotta Woman with the band. Next was Paolo Nutini. He was amazing. He certainly makes up the inaudablilty (is that a word?) of his speaking voice with his singing voice. His voice is incredible. And holy shit, he's fit.

Then there was this blues lady who I didn't recognise, then they got one of their backing vocalists to sing lead on a track (her voice was fabulous), and then it was Albert Lee (what a fucking great guitarist), and then if I remember rightly it was Paul Rodgers. His voice is every bit as fantastic as it was way back when he was in Free. He did a great sing-along version of All Right Now (of course), as well as Bad Comapny's Seagull.

The next bit I kinda wish I could've erased. Foreigner. Woohoo.

They took to the stage in a cloud of cheese and (of course) did I Want To Know What Love Is. And to make it worse, they actually brought a school choir onstage for the last choruses. Oh my god. It seemed to drag on forever.

Right. Finally that was that for the support acts! We had to wait about 30 minutes for Led Zeppelin after that, but we did get to watch a documentary about Ahmet Ertegun for about 15 minutes. When that went of I was a fidgetty bag of excitement, but still very quiet. My brain was going a mile-a-minute.

It seemed like ages, but finally the lights went down and the crowd spoke up and a little television appeared on the big screen, talking about Led Zeppelin's arrival in the States and likening it to the arrival of The Beatles. To be honest I just wanted the little telly to bugger off and the band to get on the bloody stage! I'd waited nearly seven years for this!! Granted, that's nowhere near as long as most of the people there, including Lee, but it's still a bloody long time! And especially as I thought it was NEVER gonna happen.

The set started with Good Times Bad Times. I have never heard a band live that have such immense power. You read about it with Led Zeppelin all the time, and up 'til now I had imagined that it's something that translates on their live albums and DVDs, but believe me, it is NOTHING compared to hearing it in the flesh like that. Ramble On followed, and I think looking back it did take this first couple of tracks to warm up. Once they did though, there was absolutely no stopping them. After next track Black Dog everything must've all just got too much for me and I cried! I totally cried for about five minutes. I knew it was gonna happen, but it still took me aback when it did!

When I had composed myself, the rest of the gig absolutely flew by. Jason Bonham is a more than worthy substitute for his father, and the rest of the band played as well as ever. The more the set went on, the more it could've been back in the 70s if I shut my eyes. Even Plant, whose voice has certainly changed since the first time 'round, but instead of force what he can't do anymore, he has worked around it. However, at points during, for example, Kashmir, it was every bit as powerful as it was back in the day. Although powerful is the wrong word, I think. There's still power...it's just that where the power lies has slipped down a few registers. Since I've Been Loving You, my favourite track, was another one that nearly tipped me over the edge of tears again! Even before Page broke into the opening phrase, I just knew it was coming! I don't know how, but I just sensed it, and then when it did I just knew this was a moment I was going to remember for the rest of my life.

Page was absolutely on fire. The bow solo in Dazed and Confused has been one of my favourite things the band have done ever since I got into Led Zeppelin, and many a time I have listened toand watched live recordings in awe. But again, I had not heard anything 'til I heard it live. You just can't describe the feeling it gives you to hear those eerie sounds echo around an arena.

Towards the end of the set, I got a tap on the shoulder from the man behind me who was offering to pick me up. Of course I obliged, except the problem was threefold: he was very drunk, he wasn't exactly a body-builder, and I'm not exactly a slip of a thing. The combination of the three ended up in us both falling backwards to the floor. Well, that was embarrasing, I have to say. However, he tried again, this time lifting me by my waist rather than my legs which is what he tried the first time, and it worked! I only got hoisted up about a foot or so, but it made such a difference! There was a very tall man in front of me, so if I wanted to see the band actually on the stage rather than the screen, I had to do a little jump and then just make do with that glimpse! However, for those 40 seconds or so while the guy lifted me I could actually see them! It was wonderful! Gladly he repeated the favour about another five times, so I did get my little moment of seeing Zep actually onstage.

It was all finally over after two encores of Whole Lotta Love and Rock And Roll. It was over. What was I gonna do now?!

Well, make my way out of the arena, I suppose. Me and Lee scooched our way out, bumped into a couple more people off the board out of sheer coincidence, and then met up with Bob. I tried to describe what had just happened as best I could, but as Lee kept commenting, I was in an absolute daze, and still am. At the moment I can't imagine ever recovering. I am going to remember this gig, and probably be talking about it, for the rest of my life. And I must, again, thank Lee, because if it weren't for him, I'd just be watching and reading about this in the news and wondering just what it was like to be there.

...Finally, this morning me and Bob nipped up to Camden for a look around. What a fantastic place! I must go back soon. With a lot of money and a lot of time.

We finally got back to my flat today at about 4:15pm...it sure is good to be home, but I also still can't believe it's all over.

Although of course, having been there and done it is always going to be better than having not been there at all.

As usual, the rest of my photos are here on Facebook.

well guys and galls ive just got home to northern uk after the most exciting night of my life believe me. yesterday (mon) started for me with an early train journey of 4 hours to london, taxi to hotel, bags dropped off and then straight to the O2 of which i arrived at 2.45 pm, to my suprise there was nobody queuing for tickets, got mine no problem, then off to sample the atmasphere around the O2 with thousands of other lucky lottery winners, stood by entrance H until 6.15 pm and the gates opened, im in. Found my seat which was on the 4th level, eventually squeezed into it, it was designed for teenyboppers to go and watch take that and the spice girls instead of a 42 year old rocker with middle aged spread and legs over two feet long. My anticipation of Led Zeppelin coming on stage was making me nearly cry with excitement, support acts came and went but i was only there to see one thing, and at around 21.05 my dreams came true, lights darkened people watching a giant video, from my seat i could see Jimmy putting on his Les Paul from behind his amps, suddenly they were there, i just burst into tears, lifetime of waiting and its there before me, Jimmy looked fantastic in long black coat, grey hair and sunglasses, i wont write setlist or reviews the press have done a very good job of that, i aint seen a bad one, but as for there supposed to be lower key for Robert to accomodate the songs what a load of shite, he was fantastic, Jonesy was top drawer as always, Jimmy was like his fantastic old self, and for me personally Jason was absolutley fantastic, anyone who earlier stated in threads that it wasnt Led zeppelin playing at the O2 because there was no Bonzo, believe me there was, he was awesome. I too really hope there is a DVD to come, but more so a tour, these guys have still got more than enough to offer on the road, to me i have been to hundreds of concerts in my time but hey, this beats them all hands down, you really do experience the raw power, its like a phenomonon, please Led Zeppelin come and do more shows, and share this phenomonen with other people not just the lucky few that were there to see it on December 10th 2007.

This is my first post response, ( I came upon this forum while looking for tee-shirts which sold out before the show began)

I was at the O2 last night and agree 100% with Honeydrippers comments and review of the show. To say the show was awesome would be an understatement. I watched Page for several quitar solos with my binoculars and I can comment that he did not use his broken pinky finger on any of the solo's I watched, although I will admit it is hard to look through binoculars with tears of joy in your eyes.

My review may be somewhat biased as I have been a fan since the 60's, however, I had the pleasure of going to the show with my 25 year old son who is a professional musician and we both agreed , this was by far the greatest show we have ever seen.

PS sorry for the behavior of the newfoundlander, I live in Nova Scotia, a neighbouring province , and we are used to their legendary enthusiasum.

Wow, Chicken's already posted her review before me...and she lives 'up north' while I only live 'up the road'.

Yes, it is I, the mysterious Lee who just pops up out of nowhere to offer a near-stranger a Golden ticket. In reality, I wanted to go with someone who is as totally into them as I am, and it turned into a three horse race with Celia (brspled) and Leddy. In the end Caz just nudged ahead, but I'm so glad my other candidates got to the gig too...especially just walking into Leddy and Angel on the way out: small world, eh?

OK, time for my review. Caz has already posted so much of what we went through, I'll just post some subjective opinion...

Good Times Bad Times

Great opening number, slightly marred by the fact that I was expecting it. I wish Jason hadn't let the cat out of the bag! If I hadn't known, I would have bet on TSRTS or Rock n Roll. Still, it only took a couple of seconds to confirm that Jason is the right man behind the drum kit. It must have taken nerves of steel to inherit John Bonham's place in LZ. Hats off to the man!

Ramble On

Somewhat unexpected, really good version, although I remember Robert doing his version a few years ago that I thought was equally good.

Black Dog

This was the one that racked the gig up to fever pitch for me. This was the first one that made Caz cry, and she had good reason to. Totally brilliant, the best version I've ever heard.

In My Time Of Dying

Wow...creepy slide from Jimmy, this made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Superb, so glad they included this.

For Your Life

Interesting, but I can think of a few other 'never-played-live' songs I would have preferred. I was secretly hoping they might play Wearing & Tearing to finish the set before the encores, but it was not to be.

Trampled Underfoot

One of my favourite songs, and they made the most of it. I would have been a bit pissed if they hadn't included this in the set.

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Another great one to play live, certainly made use of the video effects during this one.

No Quarter

JPJ hit the first note and I was instantly on one...another spine-chilling moment. The atmosphere in the room when they play this number is something else!

SIBLY

Absolutely great, this made me grin from ear to ear, simply because I KNOW this is Chicken's favourite Zep song...I was really happy for her.

Dazed and Confused

Difficult to try and pick one song out of this magnificent gig as the 'best'...but for me, this was the peak experience. When Jimmy pulled out that bow and the lasers started spinning....oh boy. Some things you just can't describe in words, know what I mean?

Stairway to Heaven

I got a bit tired of this song years ago, but funnily enough, I've got back into it again recently. Pretty good, but it seemed to me that Robert was actually a bit more enthusiastic about this than Jimmy? just my own perspective...

The Song Remains the Same

Great, always loved this, and always thought it was much better live than the studio version. Should have been the opening number, I thought, even it that would have been predictable!

Misty Mountain Hop

A slight surprise for me, I wouldn't have expected this. Another great song, although there was a slight nagging thought that I would have preferred Four Sticks, which Strange Sensation did to great affect. Maybe a bit too associated with Bonzo to be included?

Kashmir

What can I say? Apart from Achilles, this is my favourite Led Zep song. Lucky the roof of the O2 is fairly secure. They threatened to blow it off with this number. Spectacular finish!

Whole Lotta Love

OK, I know this was the most obvious encore possible, but, unlike STH, I never ever tire of this. One of the best songs they ever did, and for my money, the best rock riff of all time. I almost didn't want them to come back on after this, it was so good...I wanted this to be my last memory of them if it really was the last time, but of course they came back to bow out with...

Rock and Roll

...and I'm glad they did. A great end to the evening. As the band left the stage, slowly you become aware that every bit of energy you had when they walked on has now been completely drained! When you're at a Zep gig, you have to give as much as you receive!

Some general points:

Jason Bonham is a fantastic drummer. No way do they need anyone else behind the kit. Given Robert's long association with the Bonham family, and Jimmy's totally emotional playing, I just don't think there's another drummer on the planet who could elicit the performance the singer and guitarist gave last night. I'm pretty sure JPJ has just as much emotional attachment too.

I thought the sound was OK, if a bit muddy at times. Not really awful as some people have said. Caz and I were standing at ground level. I chose this very much because I've heard several times that the sound at the O2 is not great when you're way up high.

Lots of use of the video screens, which brought stuff into the 21st century. I'm sure glad, because most of the time all you could see was the back of people's heads. Sorry Caz! I'm sure it could have been worse up in the nosebleeds!

So, to sum up:

All in all, one of the best three gigs I've ever been to, along with 4th Aug 79 Knebworth and Cream's final night at the Albert Hall. If push came to shove, Knebworth was the best (for me), but it has to be said "you never forget your first time". Knebworth was mine....but December 10th 2007 was almost as good, and that's really saying something.

...and Chicken, it was a privilege to have you as my guest. :notworthy:

Some good reviews! Will add when we get home to San Diego on Friday, only have my Blackberry for now (and its slow/hard to navigate on the site). Can't really form a coherent review yet anyway, still overwhelmed and walking around with a goofy smile. My 8th Zep concert since 1971 and it was brutally awesome. So much more than I remotely anticipated.

First few songs were a little shaky, then they were steady; and proved once and for all what most of us already knew.

(Oh yeah, Jason ripped it up)

Wow, Chicken's already posted her review before me...and she lives 'up north' while I only live 'up the road'.

Yes, it is I, the mysterious Lee who just pops up out of nowhere to offer a near-stranger a Golden ticket. In reality, I wanted to go with someone who is as totally into them as I am, and it turned into a three horse race with Celia (brspled) and Leddy. In the end Caz just nudged ahead, but I'm so glad my other candidates got to the gig too...especially just walking into Leddy and Angel on the way out: small world, eh?

OK, time for my review. Caz has already posted so much of what we went through, I'll just post some subjective opinion...

Good Times Bad Times

Great opening number, slightly marred by the fact that I was expecting it. I wish Jason hadn't let the cat out of the bag! If I hadn't known, I would have bet on TSRTS or Rock n Roll. Still, it only took a couple of seconds to confirm that Jason is the right man behind the drum kit. It must have taken nerves of steel to inherit John Bonham's place in LZ. Hats off to the man!

Ramble On

Somewhat unexpected, really good version, although I remember Robert doing his version a few years ago that I thought was equally good.

Black Dog

This was the one that racked the gig up to fever pitch for me. This was the first one that made Caz cry, and she had good reason to. Totally brilliant, the best version I've ever heard.

In My Time Of Dying

Wow...creepy slide from Jimmy, this made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Superb, so glad they included this.

For Your Life

Interesting, but I can think of a few other 'never-played-live' songs I would have preferred. I was secretly hoping they might play Wearing & Tearing to finish the set before the encores, but it was not to be.

Trampled Underfoot

One of my favourite songs, and they made the most of it. I would have been a bit pissed if they hadn't included this in the set.

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Another great one to play live, certainly made use of the video effects during this one.

No Quarter

JPJ hit the first note and I was instantly on one...another spine-chilling moment. The atmosphere in the room when they play this number is something else!

SIBLY

Absolutely great, this made me grin from ear to ear, simply because I KNOW this is Chicken's favourite Zep song...I was really happy for her.

Dazed and Confused

Difficult to try and pick one song out of this magnificent gig as the 'best'...but for me, this was the peak experience. When Jimmy pulled out that bow and the lasers started spinning....oh boy. Some things you just can't describe in words, know what I mean?

Stairway to Heaven

I got a bit tired of this song years ago, but funnily enough, I've got back into it again recently. Pretty good, but it seemed to me that Robert was actually a bit more enthusiastic about this than Jimmy? just my own perspective...

The Song Remains the Same

Great, always loved this, and always thought it was much better live than the studio version. Should have been the opening number, I thought, even it that would have been predictable!

Misty Mountain Hop

A slight surprise for me, I wouldn't have expected this. Another great song, although there was a slight nagging thought that I would have preferred Four Sticks, which Strange Sensation did to great affect. Maybe a bit too associated with Bonzo to be included?

Kashmir

What can I say? Apart from Achilles, this is my favourite Led Zep song. Lucky the roof of the O2 is fairly secure. They threatened to blow it off with this number. Spectacular finish!

Whole Lotta Love

OK, I know this was the most obvious encore possible, but, unlike STH, I never ever tire of this. One of the best songs they ever did, and for my money, the best rock riff of all time. I almost didn't want them to come back on after this, it was so good...I wanted this to be my last memory of them if it really was the last time, but of course they came back to bow out with...

Rock and Roll

...and I'm glad they did. A great end to the evening. As the band left the stage, slowly you become aware that every bit of energy you had when they walked on has now been completely drained! When you're at a Zep gig, you have to give as much as you receive!

Some general points:

Jason Bonham is a fantastic drummer. No way do they need anyone else behind the kit. Given Robert's long association with the Bonham family, and Jimmy's totally emotional playing, I just don't think there's another drummer on the planet who could elicit the performance the singer and guitarist gave last night. I'm pretty sure JPJ has just as much emotional attachment too.

I thought the sound was OK, if a bit muddy at times. Not really awful as some people have said. Caz and I were standing at ground level. I chose this very much because I've heard several times that the sound at the O2 is not great when you're way up high.

Lots of use of the video screens, which brought stuff into the 21st century. I'm sure glad, because most of the time all you could see was the back of people's heads. Sorry Caz! I'm sure it could have been worse up in the nosebleeds!

So, to sum up:

All in all, one of the best three gigs I've ever been to, along with 4th Aug 79 Knebworth and Cream's final night at the Albert Hall. If push came to shove, Knebworth was the best (for me), but it has to be said "you never forget your first time". Knebworth was mine....but December 10th 2007 was almost as good, and that's really saying something.

...and Chicken, it was a privilege to have you as my guest. :notworthy:

Great review mate !! Yes it was amazing to bump into you and Chicken after the gig !! It was also good that it had just finished and I was on such a high ( you might of noticed :D )that I am still up there in the clouds, Thank you for even considering me for a ticket, and great that as you say we all got in. Led Zeppelin has been in my blood for so long ! Thanks too Whyalla for making it happen !!

I want to know how I top all this, as its like a drug that I want to have that feeling again again !!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

:hippy::hippy:

Celia, Chicken, Lee and Leddy - so awesome to hear from you all and thank you for sharing the reviews. I can completely sense how amazing the show was and how incredibly happy you all are. So glad you were there and got to meet up with each other and some of the other great members here.

Celia - enjoy the rest of your journey and look forward to hearing from you when you return.

cheers all

:beer:

I want to know how I top all this, as its like a drug that I want to have that feeling again again !!

Leddy, you've hit the nail on the head. Caz likes the idea that the O2 gig was an iconic one-off experience, and I can certainly see where's she coming from...but I know if they played another gig I could go along and enjoy it just as much, seriously. They were working virtually non-stop from the moment they formed up to mid-1973, and were pulling off killer gigs night after night after night. One listen to HTWWW is all the proof you need.

There is a selfish part of me that says if that really was the final gig, at least I was there, but I really do wish that everybody that wasn't there last night could have the opportunity. I've come to the conclusion that the ideal would be a handful of gigs, not a full-blown tour, just a few gigantic one-offs, in venues such as Hyde ParK in London, Central Park in NYC, that kind of thing. However, if Robert really doesn't want to play to the ocean any more, fair enough.

If last night really brought the curtain down, then I'm satisfied. They finished off Led Zeppelin with style. However, that's easy for me to say, isn't it, because I was there. I'm well aware there are millions of people that want to have the experience Leddy and I had last night.

Leddy, you've hit the nail on the head. Caz likes the idea that the O2 gig was an iconic one-off experience, and I can certainly see where's she coming from...but I know if they played another gig I could go along and enjoy it just as much, seriously. They were working virtually non-stop from the moment they formed up to mid-1973, and were pulling off killer gigs night after night after night. One listen to HTWWW is all the proof you need.

There is a selfish part of me that says if that really was the final gig, at least I was there, but I really do wish that everybody that wasn't there last night could have the opportunity. I've come to the conclusion that the ideal would be a handful of gigs, not a full-blown tour, just a few gigantic one-offs, in venues such as Hyde ParK in London, Central Park in NYC, that kind of thing. However, if Robert really doesn't want to play to the ocean any more, fair enough.

If last night really brought the curtain down, then I'm satisfied. They finished off Led Zeppelin with style. However, that's easy for me to say, isn't it, because I was there. I'm well aware there are millions of people that want to have the experience Leddy and I had last night.

Yes your right, maybe just a handful of gigs would be great for everyone who didn't have the chance !! but if it is indeed the last I too feel so lucky to have been to as Chicken sais iconic gig !!!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

:hippy::hippy:

Celia, Chicken, Lee and Leddy - so awesome to hear from you all and thank you for sharing the reviews. I can completely sense how amazing the show was and how incredibly happy you all are. So glad you were there and got to meet up with each other and some of the other great members here.

Celia - enjoy the rest of your journey and look forward to hearing from you when you return.

cheers all

:beer:

Your very welcome, its the least we could do :)

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet as you will have already read all the song reviews, so I'm just going to talk about the effect this show had on me.

Now I was born in 71, so was too young to be at the original Zepp shows.

As we walking around the O2 last night a lot of people were just walking upto to us and talking about the lads etc, which made us feel really welcome and confirmed our thoughts that it was going to be a special gig , (Hi to DrJohn from the Robert Plant Homepage site)

I went to the bar next to the entrance as my partner waited for merchandise and the atmosphere was electric, Zeppelin songs were being blasted out of the speakers at a loud volume, the whole bar stank of expectation, god my eye's welled up with tears at the thought I was imminently going to see the band that influenced most of my favourite bands in my teenage years. It was through researching these bands that I found Led Zeppelin.

To the show itself, from the time the boys first hit the stage they moved me in every possible way, I experienced every feeling known to man, I was sent upside down and inside out, the only way I can try to explain it is that they seemed to put a spell on me !

Roberts voice and stage presence was immense, Pages playing was inspirational (especially with 3 fingers), John Paul Jones was quiet but the rock or glue that helped to keep it all together, Jason's drumming was unbelievable, he kept it as good as the Lp's and sometimes took it one step further, his father will be very very proud as i'm sure he was watching the show with approving eyes.

The height of the show for me was Kashmir it blew me away, numbed my brain, sent my head into spasms, raped my ears and just generally knocked me for six.

All in all it was am amazing, life changing, never to be forgotten event, I have been to many many shows since I was 16 (monsters of rock festivals incl) and have been moved by a few bands, but none like the way that Zepplin moved me, it was an emotional roller coaster.

This band showed how music should be written and performed, I just hope that all the supposedly big bands of today now see how that Led Zeppelin are the best rock band in history and learn how to do music the right way, (not the throw away music culture we have today)

My only regret is that if they were this good in 2007, what the hell were they like live in the 70's , to all the people that saw them in their heyday but didn't get there last night, I am truly envious of you, YOU were the lucky ones!

Thanks for the best night of my 36 years on this planet Robert, Jimmy, John and Jason.

Aiden

"The Newfoundland Asshole" was this monumentally obnoxious guy in a red short and a leather jacket that read "Republic of Newfoundland" on the back - he was standing in the row in front of us, about 3 seats to the right. He was completely drunk at 6pm, before the show even began and it just got worse from there. During the show he did EVERY fucking inappropriate thing you could imagine, verbally and physically, other than show us his ass. I really thought that was coming, too. I'm glad I didn't bother to tape this, as this guy would have made the recording COMPLETELY useless, especially considering how many sources we're going to get this week. I can't tell you how pissed the people right behind him were.

Brilliant review Honeydripper....loved every sentence. Sorry about the drunk guy...thousands of other people deserved the ticket more than him. Fancy that....getting wasted before the biggest show of the century!!! Stupid asshole!!!

Great reading that though. Glad you had a great time. :thumbsup:

Archived