zeppelin reunion no thanks

codi cymru

proberbly a contreversial thing to say,but its an impossible thing,i mean jasons good but bonzo was brilliant,the sound,the look,the aura,the mystery it could not be recaptured today...or could it?

No. That was yesterday and yesterday's gone.

always the same , led zeppelin was from 1968 to 1980 THE top band in rock , and after bonhams death they split definetley , and thats good as it is . i mean , i know , they are "übermenschen" and i love all the music of them , all the records , but what do you think does it sound if they really go to studio and start recording ?? i mean they would do nice music , for shure , but DEFINETLEY no Led Zeppelin sound , forget it , these 9 records (and live stuff of course) is the best in rock and nobody can top that , end of message .

proberbly a contreversial thing to say,but its an impossible thing,i mean jasons good but bonzo was brilliant,the sound,the look,the aura,the mystery it could not be recaptured today...or could it?

Kind of a pointless thing to point out.

As soon as i saw the word 'proberbly' I did not take this post seriously, and neither should anyone else with half a brain. Nice try 'Codi cymru'

Wow the human mind sometimes.

Unfortunately, Page and Plant would be the biggest drawback to recapturing the look.

Kind of a pointless thing to point out.

As soon as i saw the word 'proberbly' I did not take this post seriously, and neither should anyone else with half a brain. Nice try 'Codi cymru'

Wow the human mind sometimes.

Typos are usually an unforgivable offense when the offendee disagrees with the offender on another point. Get it?

Just like the Glimmer Twins who lost it in 1975, still hasn't stopped them, unfortunately..

What was "it" they lost? Are you sure you have the correct year? Where/when ever he went wrong since, Keith's visual image was still very easy on the eyes in '75 and it would be an easy argument to say the same for '78. Of course now Keith looks as if he is competing with Kid Rock to see who can look the sleaziest.

Whereas nobody in the audience would look a day older, of course.

No, but how many days older would depend on each individual of that audience. Some may even look younger!

What was "it" they lost? Are you sure you have the correct year? Where/when ever he went wrong since, Keith's visual image was still very easy on the eyes in '75 and it would be an easy argument to say the same for '78. Of course now Keith looks as if he is competing with Kid Rock to see who can look the sleaziest.

No, but how many days older would depend on each individual of that audience. Some may even look younger!

Up until 1973 they had "the look" but things started to decline over the next few years and while 1975 may not be completely accurate it was the beginning of the end, IMO.

In Richards case the drugs had taken it's toll as far as creativity goes and while they have been prolific in terms of album releases,

they haven't produced many if any, "classic" music / songs since It's Only Rock 'N' Roll, Mick Taylor's last album.

I suspect this was one of the reasons he left.

It's common knowledge that the twins don't always get on, particularly in the '80's and '90's and from what I've heard lately the cracks are starting to reappear.

Plus, surely no-one could ever seriously claim them to be "pretty" boys and some times Keef looks like death warmed up.

Ron Wood joining did not help their "look" either.

I've never thought he looked sleazy, just well worn and worn well!

Who's Kid Rock? :rolleyes:

I'm sure the audience would be a cross generational mix but certainly for the demographic of the day, that being us "old timers", then yes the years have been kinder to some and not so kind to others.

I would like to see Jimmy, Robert, John Paul, and Jason get together and write some new music but I don't believe it will happen. Look, we haven't even seen the release of the O2 show yet! I think they are afraid that anything else billed as "Led Zeppelin" might tarnish their image.

In Richards case the drugs had taken it's toll as far as creativity goes and while they have been prolific in terms of album releases, they haven't produced many if any, "classic" music / songs since It's Only Rock 'N' Roll, Mick Taylor's last album.

Your mileage may vary but I consider Some Girls to be a bonafide classic from start to finish.

zep reunion?

i'd still go

just don't wanna pay U2 money :slapface:

"U2 money?" I've been a fan for years but never saw them in concert until last year. I paid around $45 for my ticket and there were some available for less than that.

Your mileage may vary but I consider Some Girls to be a bonafide classic from start to finish.

I don't think in terms so much as what is classic. That's more for those who just read about it but didn't actually live it.

SOME GIRLS is OK but I like EMOTIONAL RESCUE and TATTOO YOU more. And I never got the big deal about "Shattered".........I've heard guitar players in cover bands do it better than Keith......except for in SHINE A LIGHT, Keith always used that dorky effect on his guitar.

I don't think in terms so much as what is classic. That's more for those who just read about it but didn't actually live it.

I consider an album a "classic" if there's not a single song I'm inclined skip. There may be songs I like more than others on Some Girls but when I listen to it, it's one of those rare albums I can listen to all the way through. Even though I had always like the Stones, it was that album that made me a fan back in the 70s.

SOME GIRLS is OK but I like EMOTIONAL RESCUE and TATTOO YOU more. And I never got the big deal about "Shattered".........I've heard guitar players in cover bands do it better than Keith......except for in SHINE A LIGHT, Keith always used that dorky effect on his guitar.

I like both of those records as well (Emotional Rescue more so than Tattoo You) but to my ears neither one of them holds a candle to Some Girls.

As for the Stones not producing a "classic" song post 1973 I'd be willing to wager that Start Me Up gets played as much as anything they ever did. That and I think Black and Blue is underrated. Personally I don't feel they didn't actually start to slip until after Tattoo You and mostly for the same reasons most other bands of their era did, by then music had changed. As much as it seems like a good idea now for a band like the Stones to put out a Let It Bleed sounding album in 1983 would have been awkward, the "getting back to roots" thing was years away from what was happening on the mainstream front at that point. This misconception isn't unique to the Stones, a fair chunk of LZ "fans" think their best work was behind them post '75 as well. None of the 60's-70's era artists had started to relive their pasts yet, McCartney was doing Ebony and Ivory, Plant's early 80's stuff are sounds of the time etc. These musicians were still young enough that the paths their careers took meant being part of what was vogue at the time. It's the hindsight is 20/20 thing.

I would like to see Jimmy, Robert, John Paul, and Jason get together and write some new music but I don't believe it will happen. Look, we haven't even seen the release of the O2 show yet! I think they are afraid that anything else billed as "Led Zeppelin" might tarnish their image.

the o2 gig leaves a bad taste in my mouth,yes i would have gone to see it given half the chance,but when the tickets were so limited there was not much hope,the money ive spent on zep is staggering,i thought a little return would of been nice,why didnt they fill knebworth a couple of times again imagine that !!!

Archived