Private Function For JP's Book on 4 November

kenog

I phoned the Gallery this morning. I said to the woman who answered the phone "would you tell me which days this is open to the public, because I would not want to turn up and find that there is a private function on, and then have to go away!". She then told me that there will be a private function at the gallery the evening before, i.e. Thursday, 4 November. She added that it is 'invite only'. So there you are, if you are within travelling distance, get there with your cameras, video recorders.

She said that the 5/6 November is open to the public and that it is free. I asked how many photos would be exhibited and she said "a lot". She added that the opening hours will be put on their website. It appears that this is being done in conjunction with Genesis.

I phoned the Gallery this morning. I said to the woman who answered the phone "would you tell me which days this is open to the public, because I would not want to turn up and find that there is a private function on, and then have to go away!". She then told me that there will be a private function at the gallery the evening before, i.e. Thursday, 4 November. She added that it is 'invite only'. So there you are, if you are within travelling distance, get there with your cameras, video recorders.

She said that the 5/6 November is open to the public and that it is free. I asked how many photos would be exhibited and she said "a lot". She added that the opening hours will be put on their website. It appears that this is being done in conjunction with Genesis.

By Gallery you mean St Paul's?

Thanks for finding this out Kenog, I'm sure eveyone here really appreciates it! :)

I won't be in London on that date, but, like Kenog has said, if any members here live in London and can get along, it would be great to get some photos of JP and his guests.

I've copied here a couple of reviews from Google Maps because they give information from previous visitors to the gallery as to how to get there.

"i went to the elms lesters painting rooms to see the adam neate exhibiton.

you literally walk up denmark street, then you'll see it down a small alley.

the gallery itself is small but nice and has a ground floor and then steep stairs to an upstairs exhibition space.

it looks like its normally quite quiet but when i went the artist was there so we had to que.

o/a nice building and the location isn't too bad.

travel: tottenham court road tube then walk down charing cross road, down denmark street and its opposite down a slightly dingy alley."

" Lovely art gallery that can be a bit tricky to find - off Charing Cross Road. Once you find it (down a dingy alley way) you then have to press a buzzer to be let in. Has a ground floor gallery then up a small narrow winding staircase is the upper gallery. Often showcases up & coming & established street artists & the staff will quite happily fill you in on what the current exhibition is about / what the artist was aiming for etc.

Well worth checking out their website to see what is currently being exhibited & take a visit."

Here a photograph taken from the same site to help any of you making your way there.

38520795.jpg

Archived