The Ozzy Osbourne Thread

SteveAJones

Ozzy was interviewed by Mark and Brian this morning on KLOS. Interesting but you have to pay attention to understand Ozzy.

I know there must be a way to put the media player directly on here for the interview ( I think I've seen it done before) but being computer illiterate I just don't know how. So I will just post the link for anyone interested in a listen.

http://www.955klos.com/Article.asp?id=2093884&spid=24575

I had a list of questions about his lyrics.But he shattered everything saying that all this is just ment as a joke.

OK they had to do interviews and don ´t want to do it all the time.But what could I do in this situation ? I felt mocked.

If you post the questions here I'll try to get his answers.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GodBlessOzzyOsbourneticket.jpg

Went to see "God Bless Ozzy Osbourne" this last Monday, I enjoyed it, there were things brought up in Ozzy history that flashed me right back to when I first heard about those things in the 80's, and never heard about again. So there was some flashbacks...Ozzy's first wife and family are in the documentary as they are now as well, and they tell it like it. The Sabbath part of it was good too...

• 5 weeks later...

I had a list of questions about his lyrics.But he shattered everything saying that all this is just ment as a joke.

OK they had to do interviews and don ´t want to do it all the time.But what could I do in this situation ? I felt mocked.

Ozzy couldn't answer you because I'll bet he didn't write 90% of the lyrics you asked him about...

Geezer Butler wrote the majority of lyrics Ozzy sang in Black Sabbath. He wrote them to Ozzy's melody lines or to Tony Iommi's melodic riffs. Bob Daisley did the same for Blizzard ...Diary... BATM.

Lemmy wrote Mama I'm coming Home..

Ozzy's an excellent melody man... but not a lyricist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

"So I never saw Lynyrd Skynyrd but I sure saw Ozzy Osbourne with Randy Rhoads in '82 right before that plane crash..."*

* Drive-By Truckers from "Let There Be Rock" from the album Southern Rock Opera

ON THIS DATE (30 YEARS AGO)

March 19, 1982 - Randy Rhoads (Ozzy Osbourne, Quiet Riot) died in a plane crash. (b. December 6, 1956)

Randy Rhoads played his last show on Thursday, March 18, 1982 at the Knoxville Civic Coliseum in Knoxville, Tennessee. The next day, the band was headed to a festival in Orlando, Florida. After driving much of the night, they stopped on the property belonging to Jerry Calhoun, owner of "Florida Coach", in Leesburg, Florida. On it, there was a small airstrip lined with small helicopters and planes, and two houses. One belonged to the tour bus driver Andrew Aycock, and the other was owned by Calhoun. Aycock, a licensed pilot, talked the band's keyboardist Don Airey, into taking a test flight with him in a '55 Beechcraft Bonanza. By some accounts the manager Jake Duncan, was also on this first flight. The joyride ended and the plane landed safely. Then Aycock took Rhoads and hairdresser/seamstress Rachel Youngblood on another flight. Rhoads was persuaded to go on the second flight, despite his fear of flying.

Rhoads apparently agreed to go for two reasons: the seamstress had a heart condition so Aycock agreed to do nothing risky, and Rhoads wanted to take an aerial photo as one of his hobbies was photography. During the second flight, attempts were made to "buzz" the tour bus where the other band members were sleeping. They succeeded twice, but the third attempt was botched. The left wing clipped the back side of the tour bus, tore the fiberglass roof then sent the plane spiraling. The plane severed the top of a pine tree and crashed into the garage of a nearby mansion, bursting into flames. Rhoads was killed instantly, as were Aycock (36) and Youngblood (58). All three bodies were burned beyond recognition, and were identified by dental records and Rhoads' jewelry.

It was later revealed in an autopsy that Aycock's system showed traces of cocaine at the time. Rhoads' toxicology test revealed only nicotine. The NTSB investigation determined that Aycock's medical certificate had expired and that his biennial flight review, required for all pilots, was overdue.[6] In Ozzy Osbourne's autobiography titled I Am Ozzy, he writes that the night of Rhoads' death, he told his wife, Sharon: "I don't think I want to be a rock 'n' roller anymore". Rhoads' funeral was held at the First Lutheran Church in Burbank, California. He is interred at Mountain View Cemetery in San Bernardino, California, where his grandparents are also buried.

Edited by Jahfin

"So I never saw Lynyrd Skynyrd but I sure saw Ozzy Osbourne with Randy Rhoads in '82 right before that plane crash..."*

* Drive-By Truckers from "Let There Be Rock" from the album Southern Rock Opera

ON THIS DATE (30 YEARS AGO)

March 19, 1982 - Randy Rhoads (Ozzy Osbourne, Quiet Riot) died in a plane crash. (b. December 6, 1956)

Randy Rhoads played his last show on Thursday, March 18, 1982 at the Knoxville Civic Coliseum in Knoxville, Tennessee. The next day, the band was headed to a festival in Orlando, Florida. After driving much of the night, they stopped on the property belonging to Jerry Calhoun, owner of "Florida Coach", in Leesburg, Florida. On it, there was a small airstrip lined with small helicopters and planes, and two houses. One belonged to the tour bus driver Andrew Aycock, and the other was owned by Calhoun. Aycock, a licensed pilot, talked the band's keyboardist Don Airey, into taking a test flight with him in a '55 Beechcraft Bonanza. By some accounts the manager Jake Duncan, was also on this first flight. The joyride ended and the plane landed safely. Then Aycock took Rhoads and hairdresser/seamstress Rachel Youngblood on another flight. Rhoads was persuaded to go on the second flight, despite his fear of flying.

Rhoads apparently agreed to go for two reasons: the seamstress had a heart condition so Aycock agreed to do nothing risky, and Rhoads wanted to take an aerial photo as one of his hobbies was photography. During the second flight, attempts were made to "buzz" the tour bus where the other band members were sleeping. They succeeded twice, but the third attempt was botched. The left wing clipped the back side of the tour bus, tore the fiberglass roof then sent the plane spiraling. The plane severed the top of a pine tree and crashed into the garage of a nearby mansion, bursting into flames. Rhoads was killed instantly, as were Aycock (36) and Youngblood (58). All three bodies were burned beyond recognition, and were identified by dental records and Rhoads' jewelry.

It was later revealed in an autopsy that Aycock's system showed traces of cocaine at the time. Rhoads' toxicology test revealed only nicotine. The NTSB investigation determined that Aycock's medical certificate had expired and that his biennial flight review, required for all pilots, was overdue.[6] In Ozzy Osbourne's autobiography titled I Am Ozzy, he writes that the night of Rhoads' death, he told his wife, Sharon: "I don't think I want to be a rock 'n' roller anymore". Rhoads' funeral was held at the First Lutheran Church in Burbank, California. He is interred at Mountain View Cemetery in San Bernardino, California, where his grandparents are also buried.

Thanks for the post Jahfin, This is very personal for me. Randy passed away on my fifthteen birthday. I heard the news on my birthday present (a very big boom box) at 2:20 pm est thirty years ago today. If it wasn't for Randy Rhoads I never would of started playing the guitar. RIP Randy

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

That's terrible, how sad...

I can't see what the video you posted says, luvlz2, but my condolences go out to Jack Osbourne and his family for the loss of their unborn son a couple of weeks ago. They announced the late-term miscarriage last week. :(

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This event was taped by ABC for the in concert series they used to run. Every Friday night around 11:00 they would show some recent concert that was taped.

I watched it when it first aired. I remember thinking Deep Purple's lead singer looked different somehow. I didn't realize it wasn't Ian Gillan until Jon Lord introduced David Coverdale and Glenn Hughes.