Jimmy Photos To Be Auctioned

kenog

Source: http://www.examiner.com/beatles-in-national/look-here-unseen-photos-from-final-lennon-recording-sessions-to-be-auctioned:-

The following lot will be offered for auction on November 3rd by Cameo Auctioneers.

Lot 50 - JIMMY PAGE - 5 rare 35mm B & W negatives taken by Philip Townsend outside the British Museum and in his studio in 1964 with Carter Lewis and the Southerners.

At least one of these images has already been published. I distinctly recall it having been posted to this forum and my having commented on it being taken at the British Museum.

SAJ,

Therefore, it's a case of caveat emptor. The only thing is that the images appear to be described as 'rare', rather than 'unpublished'. Perhaps that is a way of getting round their having been previously seen publicly?

At least one of these images has already been published. I distinctly recall it having been posted to this forum and my having commented on it being taken at the British Museum.

The auction site describes the pictures as "rare", which I guess is a fair description. I've seen the "leaning on the wall" picture before, but the others were new to me.

Nonetheless, I can think of better ways to spend £800. Jimmy's book doesn't even cost that much. But maybe I'll bid £20 and see what happens. :)

Archived