JImmy To Attend Classic Rock Roll of Honour

kenog

This was on a catering magazine's website. So those of you who live in the London area know where to be if you want some photos.

Blue Strawberry to serve the stars at Classic Rock Roll of Honour

http://www.eventmagazine.co.uk/news/1038837/Blue-Strawberry-serve-stars-Classic-Rock-Roll-Honour/

David Quainton, 03 November 2010, 11:24am

Classic Rock Magazine has brought in Blue Strawberry as caterer for the 2010 Classic Rock Roll of Honour.

The event, taking place at the Roundhouse on 10 November, will be hosted by Alice Cooper. Among the 520 strong guests list will be Slash, Jimmy Page, Foreigner, Black Sabbath and Rick Wakeman. Blue Strawberry will serve a three-course dinner to guests prior to the awards ceremony, which will be filmed for television. The menu will include rack of lamb with soft herb crust, vegetables and braised mutton cannelloni.

The menu will include rack of lamb with soft herb crust, vegetables and braised mutton cannelloni.

Two lamb dishes during one meal - why?

Just kidding - thanks, Kenog , great find. Wish I could be there, if only to see the legendary venue, where the fella in my sig picture once played in '68. (Also, Pink Floyd with Syd and many other greats).

Two lamb dishes during one meal - why?

Just kidding - thanks, Kenog , great find. Wish I could be there, if only to see the legendary venue, where the fella in my sig picture once played in '68. (Also, Pink Floyd with Syd and many other greats).

That was my first reaction. :lol:

And--they've revamped the Roundhouse since then so that I gather it's hardly recognizable from the days when the fella in your sig pic played. (I didn't see him there, but saw a bunch of other people, and it used to be pleasantly grungy--but no more.)

Classic+Rock+Roll+Honour+Show+miQiSjWnhqvl.jpg

Outstanding Contribution (sponsored by Monitor Audio) was awarded to one the world's greatest rock icons, John Paul Jones, the dark horse of Led Zeppelin whose multi-instrumentation became his secret weapon. Now one-third of supergroup Them Crooked Vultures, Jones continues to wow fans all over the world.

and....

Canadian rockers Rush were honoured with the Living Legend award (sponsored by Marshall), heralding the first time a band has won this prestigious accolade previous recipients include Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne and Iggy Pop. Frontman Geddy Lee flew to London to pick up the trophy.

Classic Rock Roll Of Honour Winners Revealed!

He just needs a massive dose of inspiration. It is sad to see such an amazing talent idle. I'd be so happy with just him and his guitar/s. No vocals.

I just happened to be in the mood for The Rain Song this morning and just listening to his guitar ALONE is still to this day inspiring and makes you feel good.

We miss Jimmy playing. Period. :(

Nice interview with Jimmy. Now he says next year, he hopes to get back out there and play. Like his comment about the fans not wanting to wait too long. We'll see!

'They don't wanna wait too long do they'

That was quite an ironic comment I thought, he hasn't played in aggggggggggges.

'They don't wanna wait too long do they'

That was quite an ironic comment I thought, he hasn't played in aggggggggggges.

I took that to mean in reference to him saying that it would be this year. He did kind of promise (Jimmy, you Bitch!!!!!!) :D.... :lol: ....B) (I upped it to a quadruple dog dare).

You wrote that in response to the interview. What was it in the interview that caused you to believe that he's full of shit?

Well, I didn't say that I said it's painfully obvious he's finished as a performer - played 1 full length concert in 10 years and hasn't released a studio album in nearly 13.

Take Robert Plant out of the equation you have no full length concert in 10 years and no studio album in nearly 18 years.

Well, I didn't say that I said it's painfully obvious he's finished as a performer - played 1 full length concert in 10 years and hasn't released a studio album in nearly 13.

Did, you forget to put a period between those two words? Otherwise :blink: . I thought you were responding to what was said in the interview since your comment was in response to it. Anyhow, that doesn't mean anything in the long run. He did say that he's desperate to be playing.

Take Robert Plant out of the equation you have no full length concert in 10 years and no studio album in nearly 18 years.

Okay. Am I giving up? Do I walk away?

I took that to mean in reference to him saying that it would be this year. He did kind of promise (Jimmy, you Bitch!!!!!!) :D.... :lol: ....B) (I upped it to a quadruple dog dare).

Hopefully, Jimmy means what he says and give us something.

"Quadruple Dog Dare?" Haven't heard that since "A Christmas Story". Although, I think the kids used double dog dare in the movie.

Hopefully, Jimmy means what he says and give us something.

"Quadruple Dog Dare?" Haven't heard that since "A Christmas Story". Although, I think the kids used double dog dare in the movie.

Yes he did. I was raising the dare factor. Did you know, the actor who played the father in that movie, I think his name was Darren McGavin, hang on, I'll check....Yup....He played a detective in a tv show in the 70s and what made that show different is it always dealt with the occult and the supernatural. Feels kind of familiar.

Archived