The Mothership, what changes?

UWICLedZeppelin

Anyway, for those young ones like myself who are being raised in the era of absolute and complete crap (pop and rap, I mean), Mothership is definitely a great album to introduce us to the good music of the world; the music without auto-tune and/or monotonous, computerized drumbeats. I may only be a teen, but I have a fairly decent grasp on what is and isn't good music. :)

Look back at the charts during the time I was growing up in the 70s and you'll soon find it was just full of crap back then too.

Anyway, for those young ones like myself who are being raised in the era of absolute and complete crap (pop and rap, I mean), Mothership is definitely a great album to introduce us to the good music of the world; the music without auto-tune and/or monotonous, computerized drumbeats. I may only be a teen, but I have a fairly decent grasp on what is and isn't good music. :)

There's a lot more out there than just pop and rap (and some of that is actually really good, too). There's an unbelievably broad range of music available these days, and yet it's the younger people who should be the major beneficiaries of this who seem least aware of all the great stuff they've got to choose from (or in some cases are unwilling to make the effort to find it). Shame.

Tea For One is not to me, an attempt to re-hash SIBLY. It's more like a sequel or a continuation of that song's storyline. That is different than a re-hash. A re-hash would be scrapping the first song and doing it over again, which I don't think they did.

Ok, fair enough if you think that.

Anyway for me, Tea For One is still too much like SIBLY to be included on Mothership at the exclusion of 'something completely different' (bit of Monty Python there) like D'yer Mak'er............which doesn't sound like anything else on Mothership, or anything else they ever did to be honest.

Look back at the charts during the time I was growing up in the 70s and you'll soon find it was just full of crap back then too.

Rubbish.

The Funky Gibbon was brilliant. :D

Better than anything on Physical Graffiti that same month. :P

Archived