Memorial Service for dzldoc

Literally Speaking

Memorial service will be held Saturday Nov 13, 1-3 pm at Mothe Funeral Home 7040 Lapalco Blvd, Marrero, La. 70072

No money or flowers please, it you wish to, a donation in his name (Charles Richard Lookhoff) to the American Cancer Society would be nice.

Peace be with you bro.

I will pray for him that day. God bless him and all of your family.

Memorial service will be held Saturday Nov 13, 1-3 pm at Mothe Funeral Home 7040 Lapalco Blvd, Marrero, La. 70072

No money or flowers please, it you wish to, a donation in his name (Charles Richard Lookhoff) to the American Cancer Society would be nice.

Peace be with you bro.

....Literally Speaking, the love and respect that you have shown for your brother is exemplary, may life bring you and your loved ones the very best for lifetime.......

As my body sits here on the west coast, my mind is somewhere in LA thinking of friends and loved ones gathering to say goodby to Charles, aka Dzldoc. But hopefully also celebrating his life. If I were there I would hope to be able to get up and speak of Charles as there is only one opportunity to do so and I never let it pass me by. Of course I never met Charles, but only interacted with him in the electronic magic of the internet and this forum. He had endured alot these last couple of years but always had a positive attitude. He was an inspiration to those that knew him. He may have lost the war with the terrible disease, but won many a battle along the way. And in finally sucumbing to the disease, one is left to ask why. Why those we love and good people are selected to be taken from us. There is no set answer though as one ponders this answer and trys to justify and rationalize our loss. It depends on the relationship so each one of us will come up with a different answer in our mind to finally make peace and move on in life.

I was happy that Charles got to see his beloved Saints win the Superbowl and spend some time with his son last Christmas. He needed happiness brought into his life. Hopefully there were many more snippets of happiness for his remaining time to help him get through his ordeal. Thanksgiving is coming soon and each year I toast to what I am greatful for. Give your loved ones a hug and tell them how you feel, as sometimes life closes a chapter before you want it to.

I haven't felt like posting much as anything seemed trivial compared to the loss of our friend here. But today I will shead some tears for Charles as I think of his family and friends and this greiving process will close for me. Tomarrow will be a new day as life marches on. Not to say we will forget. Memories will remain and pop up from time to time as something will trigger a happy instance to remind us of the lost loved one.

Rest in peace, Charles and peace be with you and your family LS.

Archived