A cool Zep moment for me tonight before the Pacquiao vs. Margarito fight.

Wolfman

I went to a friend's house to watch the boxing ppv. They had some hip-hop star sing a coupe of songs. We were all saying how terrible the music was. It got quiet for a second and then his 15-year old son suddenly says "They should have Led Zeppelin play." Then his 12-year old brother says they are the best and explains how he's learning STH beginning to end right now. It was cool to hear a younger generation digging my favorite band. I was around 15 when I got into Zeppelin. Btw, Pacquiao punished Margarito in a unanimous decision.

I went to a friend's house to watch the boxing ppv. They had some hip-hop star sing a coupe of songs. We were all saying how terrible the music was. It got quiet for a second and then his 15-year old son suddenly says "They should have Led Zeppelin play." Then his 12-year old brother says they are the best and explains how he's learning STH beginning to end right now. It was cool to hear a younger generation digging my favorite band. I was around 15 when I got into Zeppelin. Btw, Pacquiao punished Margarito in a unanimous decision.

funny story , but i also have some storys about 13 year old girls asking for led zeppelin cds in a second hand music store , or younger friends of mine from the generation hip hop , they know zeppelin from the P. diddy song "come to me" (kashmir riff) and if i show them the real kashmir and other songs they get blown away from that sound , of course they first are impressed by the MURDER GROOVE of john`s drumming , especially when the levee breaks let them get crazy ; )

and after that i give em "babe i m gonna leave you" and they start crying , they never hear music that way , the >Led Zeppelin< Way

led zeppelin is one of these things thats always there and will be listen ,

Last summer I was picking up my 14-year-old son and his friends in my car from the local skate park. I put Zoso in the car CD player and when Black Dog came on all the kids, age 12-15, started rocking out and singing along and playing air guitar. The 12-year-old said, "I love Led Zeppelin. My dad and I listen to them all the time."

Another kid said he was mostly into rap but that Zep was the only rock band he liked.

So that was a cool moment for me, an old lady who used to listen to them when I was that age. :-)

Loved reading ya'lls stories about how some of today's young 'uns are into Zeppelin. It does my heart good. Zeppelin really does span the generations. And welcome to the forum nappyzephead. :)

Just last night I was going to eat with my 20 something daughter and as usual she was texting one of her friends. Well, this friend, just making conversation, said that she wanted to get some other friends together to have a Led Zeppelin trivia contest. My daughter is NOT into Zeppelin (sadly), but her friend wanted to know if she knew of any of their other friends who might be. (The friend didn't know that I'm a total Led Head.) Needless to say, my daughter freaked and said she knew someone really well that would blow everyone away with what they knew about Led Zeppelin. I say bring it on. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Archived