Psychics

Roxie

I'm sure this topic is going to raise some debate, but I'm curious. In Neil Peart's book "Ghost Rider" he says in regards to believing in psychics: "The difference between a cynic & a skeptic is one is dismissive, and the other is doubtful". But he ended up going to one out of curiosity and his reading became true within a short time.

Have any of you gone to one and if so - how accurate were the readings? I've been to a few, but nothing has really amounted from it. But for some reason I'm still interested in them, and on a quest to find a reputable one.

I'm sure this topic is going to raise some debate, but I'm curious. In Neil Peart's book "Ghost Rider" he says in regards to believing in psychics: "The difference between a cynic & a skeptic is one is dismissive, and the other is doubtful". But he ended up going to one out of curiosity and his reading became true within a short time.

Have any of you gone to one and if so - how accurate were the readings? I've been to a few, but nothing has really amounted from it. But for some reason I'm still interested in them, and on a quest to find a reputable one.

Reputable Psychic, another oxymoron. :slapface:

I bet they told him he would become a drummer! :rolleyes:

Did you hear about the psychic who moonlighted as a hooker?

She gave good mind! ;)

Tana Hoy

I have known this person (Tana Hoy is an alias) for a long time, but have never used his psychic services.

He once called me up on the phone and said that he had a feeling that I needed to talk to him, LOL. At the time, I hadn't talked to him for a number of years. I had been thinkning about him at the time, though!

He has been on several national tv shows, and he is the psychic to alot of celebs.

I just remembered this: I last talked to him about a year ago, and he told me that he was predicting that Michael Jackson would die within the year. I haven't talked to him since then.

I don't know if he is truly psychic or not, but he is very intuitive and maybe he is just lucky in some of his predictions. He is different than your average person, though!

I personally don't believe in psychics at all, in fact I think that they're extremely harmful and make a lot money out of people's grief and loss. Having seen the psychological illusionist Derren Brown do everything that psychics can do, and do it much more convincingly, I'm afraid I'll never believe in psychics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idVxRE8uM-A

There are full-length videos of Brown's shows on You Tube. If you get the time I highly recommend that you check them out.

Although I said I'm sceptical above (and I am!), my mum used to work with a woman who was a medium. She did readings for all her work colleagues, except for one woman, she refused to do a reading for her. A few weeks later the colleague she had refused to do a reading for was found dead in her home, she had died from meningitis. I personally think it's a coincidence, but others thought it was proof of her psychic abilities. :unsure:

My mom believes in psychics and the after life! She is pretty obsessed in shows like "A Haunting" and "psychic private eyes". :blink: I on the other hand classify myself as a skeptic! My dad is a skeptic too! I believe in the extremely harsh but true saying "Once you're dead, you're dead! There is no way in hell you can communicate with someone in the "living word" if you have pretty much ceased to exist!". I do detest psychics who tend to exploit people by giving them a false sense of hope when they actually have the nerve to pretend that they are actually communicating with the loved one of the person concerned! Psychics so smartly without the knowledege of the person concerned, manage to somehow extract extremely personal information about the concerned person's loved one and try to pass it off as the information they received thanks to their "psychic abilities"! What a bunch of bullshit! :lol: Psychics are pretty much one of the biggest con-artists on the planet, if you ask me! :rolleyes:

I personally don't believe in psychics at all, in fact I think that they're extremely harmful and make a lot money out of people's grief and loss. Having seen the psychological illusionist Derren Brown do everything that psychics can do, and do it much more convincingly, I'm afraid I'll never believe in psychics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idVxRE8uM-A

There are full-length videos of Brown's shows on You Tube. If you get the time I highly recommend that you check them out.

I'm a pretty big fan of Derren Brown! He uses logic and psychology which is really cool! B)

I just remembered this: I last talked to him about a year ago, and he told me that he was predicting that Michael Jackson would die within the year. I haven't talked to him since then.

That is extremely dangerous wishful thinking and the problem with most of these people. Besides, somene who really has gifts wouldn't want to charge money, nor would they want to attempt to predict the future. That's not what it's for.

I get direct instructions. like, look under the car mat. You will find.....

Or go check.... there is such and such in it.

I get feelings, extremely strong impressions about people who aren't trustworthy.

I was named after my grandfather's middle name. I didn't know it was his middle name, until I heard someone whispering his name over and over and I asked my father who it was and he told me. He was murdered long before I was born, so I never knew much about him.

I've heard other people's conversations. I've seen visions and those kind of things aren't bound by time or place. Lots of stuff and alot of it is really scary. Never tried to make any money at it even though my track record is pretty awesome.

I have a set of cards I bought because they are beautiful to look at. I don't do readings with them, rather they are symbolic. I don't attempt to manipulate. That's very dangerous. I listen mainly with my heart.

My mom believes in psychics and the after life! She is pretty obsessed in shows like "A Haunting" and "psychic private eyes". :blink: I on the other hand classify myself as a skeptic! My dad is a skeptic too! I believe in the extremely harsh but true saying "Once you're dead, you're dead! There is no way in hell you can communicate with someone in the "living word" if you have pretty much ceased to exist!". I do detest psychics who tend to exploit people by giving them a false sense of hope when they actually have the nerve to pretend that they are actually communicating with the loved one of the person concerned! Psychics so smartly without the knowledege of the person concerned, manage to somehow extract extremely personal information about the concerned person's loved one and try to pass it off as the information they received thanks to their "psychic abilities"! What a bunch of bullshit! :lol: Psychics are pretty much one of the biggest con-artists on the planet, if you ask me! :rolleyes:

I could share a few examples that would freak the living daylights out of you, but I'd like to get permission to share them with you here first. Waiting....

That was sweet. I just got a message from a young girl who I haven't heard from in a couple of years who is friends with my niece. She's like me as far as having gifts goes. We talked about it one night when she was doing my nails for my other niece's wedding. It's really hard to deal with when most people think you're an absolute freak, so to find someone else like you is a blessing. No. I'm not taking that as a sign to talk. I want to hear from the person who is directly involved. HA HA !!!!!!

Although I said I'm sceptical above (and I am!), my mum used to work with a woman who was a medium. She did readings for all her work colleagues, except for one woman, she refused to do a reading for her. A few weeks later the colleague she had refused to do a reading for was found dead in her home, she had died from meningitis. I personally think it's a coincidence, but others thought it was proof of her psychic abilities. :unsure:

I applied for a Job as a Medium once, but I got turned down flat, the Boss said "Your Too BIG-DAN" but I was on my own. :blink:

Regards, Danny

PS, There is definitely something in it but the Charlatans give it a bad Name and Image, but the really gifted people are usually quiet unassuming people who are not out for profit but still want to give their help anyway.

I applied for a Job as a Medium once, but I got turned down flat, the Boss said "Your Too BIG-DAN" but I was on my own. :blink:

Regards, Danny

PS, There is definitely something in it but the Charlatans give it a bad Name and Image, but the really gifted people are usually quiet unassuming people who are not out for profit but still want to give their help anyway.

That's hilarious Danny! :lol:

On a serious note, though, I wouldn't trust anyone who demands money in return for their psychic abilities. Some people find it comforting when they've lost loved ones, and if people with certain 'gifts' want to help them free of charge I've got no problem with that.

I could share a few examples that would freak the living daylights out of you, but I'd like to get permission to share them with you here first. Waiting....

Although I said I'm a sceptic, I'd be very interested in hearing your about your personal experiences Grasphinx. I'm sure Kiwi would too, but, you're right, we should wait until we get her permission before you share with us.

I think this is going to be a very interesting thread...

Regards, Danny

If I were drinking anything, I would have spewed it all over my screen when I read that you made me laugh so hard. Yeah, I have a beef with the word too, since I am a XS or XXS.

By the way, the time you posted that is equal to my birthday. It seems that I am getting signs that it's okay to share some of my stories. I'll still wait a little while to be certain.

Although I said I'm a sceptic, I'd be very interested in hearing your about your personal experiences Grasphinx. I'm sure Kiwi would too, but, you're right, we should wait until we get Kiwi's permission before you share with us!

I think this is going to be a very interesting thread...

I meant the other person involved in the stories and he always sends me messages in the strangest ways. It's never just picking up the phone or sending an email. That would be too easy and normal. I haven't gotten any warnings from the admins either, so....all seens kosher. I've got a few things to do, and if all is good in a few hours still, I'll post one that is going to make everybody really happy.

I meant the other person involved in the stories and he always sends me messages in the strangest ways. It's never just picking up the phone or sending an email. That would be too easy and normal. I haven't gotten any warnings from the admins either, so....all seens kosher. I've got a few things to do, and if all is good in a few hours still, I'll post one that is going to make everybody really happy.

Sorry Grasphinx, I misunderstood! :slapface: Thanks for agreeing to share your experiences with us. I'm looking forward to what you have to say...

Okay.... I could write a book of all the stuff that has happened and it would be even bigger than the bible in size, literally thousands of things. Like I said, I'll start with one that is going to make everyone really happy. I do alot of things musically, I was born musical, but I started drumming a few years ago. It turned out I discovered to be at a very specific time (which I will leave out at the moment). However I will say, I play various Egyptian drums and my drum arrived Christmas Eve a few years ago. I'm self taught at pretty well everything I do.

Anyhow, to get to the point quickly, I was given a gift this year on Jimmy's birthday. It's a decorative hand drum. The person who gave it to me had no idea that it was Jimmy's birthday nor did she know about John. I queried her. She had no idea. She saw it at the store and bought it for me. I hear from John all the time and he's not the only one I get messages and things from. I have a photo that I took of me holding the drum. If I get nobody freaking out over this, I will consider possibly posting it.

White Room just started playing on the radio which is my favorite song by Cream since I was a toddler and my teen just called to say she's starving and on her way home, so this will have to continue later on tonight....

Anyhow, the whole drum story, it's huge. It's got so many other things surrounding it, like where I ordered the drum from and what came with it.... on and on. Anyhow, if there are any skeptics, I've got a story that is really funny. I said something to Jimmy one morning and then something happened that evening and it was totally and completely supernatural so, I am going to wait and see if he's mad at me for opening my mouth so to speak before I tell you that story. The whole thing started when I was a little kid and over the past few years has been going on all day long every day.... he drives me fucking nuts, lol.

From The 3 Stooges

Woman to Moe: 'Why young man, you act as though the sword of Damocles is hanging over your head!'

Moe: 'Lady, you must be psychic!'

Moe walks away and as the lady looks up a pie that was stuck to the ceiling falls and hits her in the face.

:lol:

From The 3 Stooges

Woman to Moe: 'Why young man, you act as though the sword of Damocles is hanging over your head!'

Moe: 'Lady, you must be psychic!'

Moe walks away and as the lady looks up a pie that was stuck to the ceiling falls and hits her in the face.

:lol:

I walked past a car once that had a huge piece of jagged metal sticking out of it. It ripped through my jeans and tore them from my hip to my knees and didn't even scratch my leg.

I walked past a car once that had a huge piece of jagged metal sticking out of it. It ripped through my jeans and tore them from my hip to my knees and didn't even scratch my leg.

That's weird!! B)

About 3 weeks ago I walked into a protruding cotter pin on an old tractor and it ripped my pants AND my shin. :o

Archived