Tribute bands

ms_zeppelin94

Jahfin, you should have a listen to Kevin Bloody Wilsons' version of Sunday Morning Coming Down, if nothing else it will make you laugh, and yes I have albums by Cash and Kristoffersson

Thanks for the heads up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Letz Zep are on near me at the Met in Bury in November - like some have said previously, I've never been totally sure about tribute bands, but a few people on here seem to rate them as one of the better ones? I suppose it depends on expectations, was just going to go and have a few drinks and a good time and not expect to feel like i'm experiencing the real thing!

. . That said, I have no desire to see an imitation of a band no matter how good they may (or may not) be. I'd rather see these tribute bands channel their energy into something original.

I totally agree. It's the most depressing form of flattery IMO. Why not just take that energy and direct it towards doing something kind of original? I mean Led Zep has been done, and done again, and thankfully in this digital age we can enjoy stuff we have never seen.

I totally agree. It's the most depressing form of flattery IMO. Why not just take that energy and direct it towards doing something kind of original? I mean Led Zep has been done, and done again, and thankfully in this digital age we can enjoy stuff we have never seen.

Thankfully, Only about 1 in a 100 people share your dire opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I disagree that tribute bands are the worst form of flattery. They are just providing entertainment, like the countless bands out there playing covers at weddings, parties and the like all over the world.

I love the music of Led Zeppelin and the drumming of John Bonham and I like nothing better than to play their songs with my band, and it seems the people that come to see us like it too!

Check out this video of us playing Since I've Been Loving You at a gig recently:

And check out our website for details of our current tour:

http://www.hatsofftoledzeppelin.co.uk

We are also planning to visit the states next year so look out!

I was not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I really enjoyed their passion for Zeppelin!

PART LAST STAND - DOCUMENTARY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqbRSZPUwlM

On may 21, 2012, Iranian band PART performed one of Led Zeppelin's masterpieces ''Achilles last stand'' live in studio in order to show their respect to classic rock music. this video contains the whole interview section, made on October 2012.

Archived