Prince William and Kate Middleton To Marry

kenog

We have the same problem in the United States. The private sector on Wall Street helped itself to the U.S. Treasury by convincing President Obama that the country would fall apart unless they bailed out the companies on Wall Street. And who knows, maybe a lot of people would have lost their pensions if Citibank had gone under. So perhaps there was some wisdom in preventing a further meltdown. But then Wall Street turned around and used the taxpayer funds for employee bonuses to reward those who had steered them toward bankruptcy. And whoever is fixing your car at the shop helps to pay for all of that via his payroll taxes.

I agree the cuts in education in England were harsh. Although they are apparently necessary cuts, they should have been gradually phased in over a period of years to lessen the shock, instead of unduly burdening one generation to bear the brunt of a lack of an affordable education in the years of a student's life when it counts the most.

But not to spoil their wedding day, which I hope will be a happy one.

From Wikipedia:

It was also announced that the costs of the wedding itself will be met by the Royal Family and the Middletons themselves, while the costs of security and transport will be covered by the British treasury.[41][42] The couple have also asked that donations be made to charities in place of traditional wedding gifts;[43] to that end, they established The Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton Charitable Gift Fund, which focuses on assisting charities such as the New Zealand Christchurch Earthquake Appeal and the Royal Flying Doctor Service.[44]

Sorry about this but with everything thats going on over here in rip off Britain i really hope it rains on their wedding day, i mean, What about the have nots who have lost their jobs, houses and all them public services the CONDEMS have destroyed, and no im not a bitter person but all that money! , i mean, how much have they spent on a horse for example....and im not talking about Prince Phillip when i say a horse, its a horse!!! all that tax money for crying out loud, Its ok for you on the other side of the pond but its not ok over here we`re stuck with these scavengers raping our tax money for their own greedy needs, some kids over here are without edumecation, YES! i said edumecation i didn`t spell it wrong, We need to edumecate ourselves nowadays because for the have nots its far too expensive to educate ourselves in uni! I did say sorry at the beginning of this sentence and for some reason i seem to be going on a bit, I think i might suffering from ADHD or something so please dont keep going on about this blooming wedding, I really do hope it rains and she falls in a puddle along with her horse, i dont have anything against horses! I`d like a horse myself but i cant afford one with me paying for TV licences, council Tax and fuel tax, 20 percent income tax! oh yeah i nearly forgot the 22 percent VAT on everything aswell, and i mean EVERYTHING from clothes, food, beer, shoes, milk, cats and dogs, going to the tiolet costs 30p nowadays, i feel a bit better now for moaning on a bit and i seem to have got it my chest, and ive said sorry three times now and i haven`t done anything wrong!!! so im off to listen to some Zepplin :slapface: Zep makes me forget!!! so thank you Led Zepplin

Hi 'Jason Smith'

Have you not taken into account the Monies that the Monarchy give to this Country from rents of "CROWN PROPERTIES".

As for People losing their Jobs that was happening long before any "Wedding Plans" were being made. Their Wedding is in fact keeping people in Employment, or do you think all the Memorabilia and commerative pieces make themselves.

Rip off Britain yes their will be plenty of street traders "Taking the piss" with their over inflated prices as happens all year round ripping off Visitors.

I hope the Sun is Shining, Azure Sky and Lovley Cotten Wool Ball Clouds, for "MY" future King and His Bride. :P

By the way if that is how you feel good on you for saying what you beleive. ;)

The only reason why we have all these cuts is because of the HAVES, and the HAVES include - Greedy bankers (100percent bonuses), Polotitions (over rated expenses), The Royal family (so much money none of this affects them) and YES while a minority of people will make some money out of this farse... who makes PLATES???, I mean, who wants to buy a plate with a HORSE on it anyhow??? Im sorry guys to those who desagree!

The HAVE NOTS like small construction companies and every other small business who dont make plates and are struggling to survive because of the TAX TAX TAX mentality of the condems and Royals, And these companies are having to bare the brunt of just an extra day off for example, YES just one day off is a EXTRA STRUGGLE at the moment

After everything thats happened and is still happening in This GREAT GREAT country of ours NOT ONE OF THE RACIST GERMAN (i might add) ROYAL FAMILY has stood up and given their point of view to all this robbery of thier loyal subjects, The only thing ive heard of the Queen saying about this recetion, reported in the Sunday mail is this - "Recetion??? thats nothing to worry about, we have one of these every 14 years or so"

Like i said before the only people who will make money out of this recetion is the haves, why not let them pay for it! because like some people the treasury will pay for it...where do you think the treasury get its money from????

what about the Kids of this country, and what about the elderly and sick people like cancer patients who are forced into selling thier homes so they can care for thier loved ones or them selves, When they take your tax money they say "will look after you if you get sick" this is not so as me and my girl has sadly found out this last year, Its a dissgrace this wedding and the timing for me and the majority of people who live where i do are all saying the same thing,

I`m very sorry again, I really am, and dont mean to go on and on and on and on but ive just had enough of working hard, and working my fingers to the bone and not getting anywhere, Now my girl is sick, and no! this country hasn`t helped a bit, this wedding just seems to rubbing her face in it, whilst they let us suffer in our own shit!

The Royal Family cost me, as a British Tax Payer, less than a quid a year. I think that's well worth it. I can't wait to watch the wedding and all the celebrations that will be taking place around the country, and the excitement that is building is wonderful. I could do without Andrew, Edward et al, but am very thankful for the others.

God save the Queen.

Cate up there sounds awfully familiar . . . <_<

Anyway, I am very attached to the Queen, and wish her grandson and his bride the happiest of days, with nobody falling off a horse. (I sympathize with the money issues, but it's always struck me that regular people spend an obscene amount of money on weddings these days too.)

Cate up there sounds awfully familiar . . . <_<

Anyway, I am very attached to the Queen, and wish her grandson and his bride the happiest of days, with nobody falling off a horse. (I sympathize with the money issues, but it's always struck me that regular people spend an obscene amount of money on weddings these days too.)

Why?

Because they want to, I suppose.

(You have a style that is remarkably similar to one of our former members, cate. Total coincidence, I'm sure.)

It is a coincidence, I have never been on here before, although I have been a reader of the Forum for quite a time.

(Best stay on Topic)

Lets hope William & Kate have a long and happy life together.

I'm sure they would have been quite happy with a more low key affair.

The only reason why we have all these cuts is because of the HAVES, and the HAVES include - Greedy bankers (100percent bonuses), Polotitions (over rated expenses), The Royal family (so much money none of this affects them) and YES while a minority of people will make some money out of this farse... who makes PLATES???, I mean, who wants to buy a plate with a HORSE on it anyhow??? Im sorry guys to those who desagree!

The HAVE NOTS like small construction companies and every other small business who dont make plates and are struggling to survive because of the TAX TAX TAX mentality of the condems and Royals, And these companies are having to bare the brunt of just an extra day off for example, YES just one day off is a EXTRA STRUGGLE at the moment

After everything thats happened and is still happening in This GREAT GREAT country of ours NOT ONE OF THE RACIST GERMAN (i might add) ROYAL FAMILY has stood up and given their point of view to all this robbery of thier loyal subjects, The only thing ive heard of the Queen saying about this recetion, reported in the Sunday mail is this - "Recetion??? thats nothing to worry about, we have one of these every 14 years or so"

Like i said before the only people who will make money out of this recetion is the haves, why not let them pay for it! because like some people the treasury will pay for it...where do you think the treasury get its money from????

what about the Kids of this country, and what about the elderly and sick people like cancer patients who are forced into selling thier homes so they can care for thier loved ones or them selves, When they take your tax money they say "will look after you if you get sick" this is not so as me and my girl has sadly found out this last year, Its a dissgrace this wedding and the timing for me and the majority of people who live where i do are all saying the same thing,

I`m very sorry again, I really am, and dont mean to go on and on and on and on but ive just had enough of working hard, and working my fingers to the bone and not getting anywhere, Now my girl is sick, and no! this country hasn`t helped a bit, this wedding just seems to rubbing her face in it, whilst they let us suffer in our own shit!

Perhaps if you look closer to home for help wiith your situation you may find some relief. I'm keeping everyone in my prayers.

I'm very glad for the young couple that they have found joy in their lives. Remember that William lost his mother Diana under tragic circumstances and through no fault of his own. Be happy for him that Kate has brought some happiness into his life now.

Some things money can't buy, like true love or serenity when you are faced with adversity. But there is a guardian angel somewhere. You have my sympathy for the misfortunes life brings. If only I had a magic wand I would change every misfortune from bad to good.

Try to smile. :)

Well I'm really fed-up with all the hype in Britain right now and not to mention the tacky merchandise, that I'll be glad when it's all over. I don't support the royal family, and can certainly relate to some of Jason Smith's sentiments above. I won't be watching. However, I do wish them every happiness. :) I'm sure if Wills and Kate had their way they'd be getting married abroad somewhere in private like most normal couples.

There is quite a bit of hype about the royal wedding here in New Zealand. The PM John Key, is one of the guests, so I guess it is rather a big deal. I do believe the man is even having etiquette lessons now as a part of his "preparations" for the wedding! :blink:

Anyway, whenever I turn on the news these days, all I hear is how someone got killed or how yet another country in the Middle East breaks out into a rather long phase of instability and to be honest, I hate all the dismal news going around right now and to me, this royal wedding is (I guess) a rather refreshing change, so to speak! I am kind of looking forward to the 29th of April! The wedding ceremony will be broadcast live here in NZ at 10 PM (NZ time). I do look forward to catching some of the action! B)

Hello:

I wish William and Kate a happy wedding day and a bright future as husband and wife...

I will try to watch the ceremony...coverage starts here @ 3 am depending on which Canadian network you chose to watch..

Juliet xo

I'll be getting up early to watch the BBC feed online, since we obviously don't get the BBC in the US. Yeah it's just a wedding, and these people have no affect on anyone or anything outside of England, but I like stuff like this -- it's fun, and it takes your mind off other, more depressing things going on in the world. I want to see her dress, what tiara (if any) she'll be wearing, what her bouquet looks like.....all that jazz.

Thank God I don't have classes on Fridays! :lol:

So ironic that Americans find this all amazing, there is a very good reason why Americans don't have our monarchy, one of the few things Americans could still be respected for! It's a dishonor to your great founding fathers when young american girls reject the stars and stripes and prance around London with a union flag hoping to "nab" prince Harry. Surely monarchy goes against the FORMER principles of the USA i.e. Liberty, Freedom and all born as equal.

So ironic that Americans find this all amazing, there is a very good reason why Americans don't have our monarchy, one of the few things Americans could still be respected for! It's a dishonor to your great founding fathers when young american girls reject the stars and stripes and prance around London with a union flag hoping to "nab" prince Harry. Surely monarchy goes against the FORMER principles of the USA i.e. Liberty, Freedom and all born as equal.

I expect it to be a lovely wedding. As for the monarchy, that comes from history. I had not noticed any young American girls prancing around London with a Union flag, but I'll keep my eyes peeled. I see this event as a celebration of love and happiness between two people, at least so far. And though England has inherited the history of a monarchical government, as you noted, people departed its former confines seeking freedom and equality. Yet, we cannot undo history, as it has already happened. Should the members of the royal family simply not seek love or happiness and not ever marry? I guess I live in the moment. Royals may have inherited the traditions imparted by history, and yet they crave the same love and happiness that everyone does, regardless of wealth and power. Something to do with the human soul, I guess.

And the monarchy in England has changed somewhat over the years. England now has a Parliament, when before the monarchy wielded substantially more power. Today Queen Elizabeth focuses more on what she can do to benefit people for the sake of humanity, whereas Henry the VIII struggled with that concept. And the common people now have the right to vote, whereas before they often did not.

I don't see how it dishonors George Washington if a young girl falls in love with an Englishman, whether she be English or American. As for Prince Harry, I hope that he finds true love in his life.

And regardless of which royal family it is in the world, true love will always matter. In the history of the various royal families, when true love was lacking, peace, security and an heir to the throne often mattered regardless, merely because the alternatives were so much worse, as when tragedy befell Nicolas and Alexandra of Russia. Royals sometimes endured loveless marriages to prevent more dire circumstances from happening, the balance of power being what it was between warring kingdoms, as when Louis XIV from France wed Maria Theresa of Spain in the interest of securing peace. Yet the marriage itself was not known for being characterized by love, rather by necessity. Louis sought love in the arms of his various consorts, whom he kept as secret as he could. In those days very little of what he did went undocumented.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_XIV_of_France

The royal family

In 1660, Louis XIV married his first cousin Maria Theresa of Austria, the Spanish Infanta, in Saint-Jean-de-Luz. Their union reinforced the reconciliation between France and Spain.

en.chateauversailles.fr/history/court-people/louis-xiv-time/louis-xiv-

Nicolas and Alexandra

Wiki.Lady Jane Grey

On May 2, 1536, Archbishop Cranmer was summoned to Lambeth Palace by Thomas Cromwell, to await the King's pleasure. On the following day, he learned of Queen Anne Boleyn's arrest and was shocked. Doubtless, there were others in positions of power who also questioned the Queen's purported guilt, but only Cranmer risked King Henry VIII's displeasure and spoke out on her behalf.

luminarium.org/renlit/cranmerhenrymay1536

Queen Anne was beheaded, and Jane Seymour then married Henry VIII.

Wives of Henry VIII

In 1514, Henry VIII married his youngest sister, Mary, to the aged king of France. Anne accompanied the Tudor princess as a very young lady-in-waiting and she remained in France after the French king died and Mary Tudor returned home. Anne gained the subsequent honor of being educated under the watchful eye of the new French queen Claude. This education had a uniquely French emphasis upon fashion and flirtation, though more intellectual skills were not neglected. Anne became an accomplished musician, singer and dancer.

englishhistory.net/tudor/monarchs/boleyn

Wiki Mary Tudor, Queen of France, Sister of Henry VIII of England

Oh my sweet Marie

I wait at your ease

The sands have run out

For your lady and me

Wedlock is nigh my love

Her station's right my love

Life is secure with Lady Jane

Jagger/Richards

Mick Jagger: "Lady Jane is a complete sort of very weird song. I don't really know what that's all about myself. All the names are historical but it was really unconscious that they should fit together from the same period."

songfacts.com

Maybe he got the song lyrics because he was a medium for a past soul? Not sure. Though I imagine it may have been a subconscious memory of what he learned in school about English history that would have resulted in these lyrics.

And it makes me wonder...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHT-t4iEpEI

I'm sorry, what? Let's say you're right, and there's a slew of American women who flew over there just for the hopes of getting to screw Prince Harry.....what does have to do with the United States, all Americans in general, or frankly anything at all?

It's a wedding. Some people are interested in this kind of stuff, others aren't. If you're one of the people who isn't interested, that's cool......but let other people have their own interests, too.

Archived