Jimmy to tour in 2011

Led Zep Girl

I look at it this way, we know that he is working on the O2 Reunion DVD/Blu-Ray (see here:http://forums.ledzep...eing-finalized/) So its entirely possible that this is his priority and that as soon as thats done he will continue his musical career.

Perhaps, dare I say most likely, he plans to use the O2 DVD as a springboard to get his name out there and get good publicity for his next project. Even a Jimmy Page album needs marketing. wink.gif

jimmy page is waiting for robert plant to say lets rock again . If he never says it jimmy is not gonna do anything anymore but led zep . end of story . Robert plant is having fun again and he sounds great . So lets hope he gets that itch again

Ahhh, but has there been a collective,

That's Right !

Amongst the throngs ?

*you see, lots and lots of old Zep fans see this downfall and realize if Robert had been into it, there's a really good chance that the collective "Page, Plant, Jones and J. Bonham" could have continued on and since they called the 'reunion' Led Zeppelin, the continuation could have been called that too. Who balked ?

There will always be fans who bring this up, so why not realize it and just say,

That's Right !!

It's all well and good saying he "baulked" but everyone always (conveniently) overlooks the fact he only did the "reunion" as a one off in respect of his friend.

All the hysteria about a tour was the result of the media and some of the "fans'" collective wet dream!

Supposedly he was playing music with JPJ and Bonham JR after the O2, since Plant didn't want to join them that project was shelved. So don't say he has not played any music for over ten years.

Clearly he wants to use whatever ideas he has left for a new LZ record which of course Percy will not allow.

I think after the O2 he got used to idea of LZ functioning again and thought there was a possibility of

a new album (after almost three decades, I know). When that didn't happen he got a bit depressed and thought why should

I waste any few ideas on a solo record (which, let's be frank wouldn't get that much praise from the media) when

I could have used the ideas for a comeback LZ album which would catch the world by surprise.

Also, out of the three members, his small selection of solo albums weren't anything so great and he hadn't composed much original music since

1976:

ITTOD was mostly JPJ

DW2 Soundtrack was mostly Lucifer Rising outtakes.

The Firm, Outrider, Coverdale/Page were pretty much "generic" guitar music to be nice about it. Nothing really

amazing like Zooma or Thunderthief.

And WIC was mostly composed by the other band members with JP overlaying some guitar solos. I apologize if I'm wrong here.

JP is a very talented person but he is embarrassed about who he is: the original Lucifer Rising soundtrack left out of the film

is what he does best. He should stick to music like that rather than trying make radio friendly music.

In fact he should do a soundtrack for some scary film and it would be a huge success (including the novelties that made him who he is

like the bow, effects, etc).

Hi Mrledhed. Interviews with Page in the 70's reveal some really intriguing musical ideas. He seems to have largely dropped that crazy musical adventurousness (word?) for largely generic stuff. That term sums it up better than anything I've tried to express. I like his playing in The Firm, and the bass playing there. I like his stuff in Outrider, but you could see where he was using a more "generic" production style for that one. His creative ideas shine through on a lot of that one though. To me, he started using a more generic approach in his music from his 1st project since the end of Zeppelin. I found the choice of vocalists on DW2 to be rock typical. That's not saying they are bad vocalists. I feel the same about Paul Rodgers. I love the Plant sung track on Outrider, its excellent. The other vocalists on that CD don't do much for me though, again I find them somewhat stereotypical. I've already been on the soapbox for my massive dislike of the Coverdle project.

George Burns (1896–1996) continued to work as a film actor until 1994.

imdb.com

I think that there's a large difference between playing a role in a television episode or film as opposed to playing an instrument. It takes dexterity, which face it, slows with old age. I recently read in a Globe and Mail article a review about a Chuck Berry concert. It sucked. My point with the age issue is simply that Jimmy is 67 years old. Like it or not, that IS getting on in age. Just because someone still plays into their older day, (Chuck Berry, Les Paul) does not make it good. I've watched the 02 footage, I was at the 'It Might Get Loud' world premiere and saw Page put the Edge and Jack White 'in their places'. I know he can play, it's just that time is ticking.

I have no intention of sitting idly by while you denigrate George Burns. Page is a fair guitar player, but he's no George Burns. Whole Lotta Cigar? Gracie's Last Stand? Come on! And you never heard Gracie Allen complaining about working a four hour day like Plant in SIBLY.

It depends on each performer and expectations, though, estofest. In classical music, it's the older performers who garner the most respect having honed their craft over decades. Many perform well into their advanced years with nuances in their musicality that could only have been acquired through time. While it can be said that dexterity does diminish over time, it's a generalization, and is often confuted by many who maintain the discipline to practice.

It can be a little trickier for rock stars, though, because it's generally considered a younger man's game. Plant and Jonesy, I think, have both deftly navigated that tightrope of giving relevant, kick ass shows without being Vegas lounge cheesy.

So long as Page's tapping into that creative fount which results in some genuine artistry reflecting who and where he is now, it's all good. It's been a long wait, and if he's truly retired (though I don't really see how that applies to doing something you love) then fine, but I still wouldn't underestimate him.

I have no intention of sitting idly by while you denigrate George Burns. Page is a fair guitar player, but he's no George Burns. Whole Lotta Cigar? Gracie's Last Stand? Come on! And you never heard Gracie Allen complaining about working a four hour day like Plant in SIBLY.

Now, now Chap. No one is denigrating George Burns. In fact, I quite liked the project they worked on together awhile back, remember?

bfow12.jpg4rzz14.jpg

Oh God, You Devil

:lol:

There's no such thing as a "first" post here.

That's actually true in my case. I usually post as Moonmaid. No, I wasn't banned. But I can't remember my password and my Hotmail account is acting up. And dang it, sometimes a good joke just can't wait.

But thank you anyway, Chap. :wub:

It can be a little trickier for rock stars, though, because it's generally considered a younger man's game. Plant and Jonesy, I think, have both deftly navigated that tightrope of giving relevant, kick ass shows without being Vegas lounge cheesy.

In other words like Rod Stewart ala "Tin Pan Valley", in which Robert plays tribute to on Mighty Rearranger. :rolleyes:

That's actually true in my case. I usually post as Moonmaid. No, I wasn't banned. But I can't remember my password and my Hotmail account is acting up. And dang it, sometimes a good joke just can't wait.

But thank you anyway, Chap. :wub:

hi moonmaid! :wave:

nice to see you again :friends:

What part of generally (and in italics!) was unclear? lulz

It wasn't in reference to that. Just about the part of becoming a lounge act as Rod Stewart has over the last number of years. And the reference RP makes to him and others who have taken this course on his song "Tin Pan Valley".

It wasn't in reference to that. Just about the part of becoming a lounge act as Rod Stewart has over the last number of years. And the reference RP makes to him and others who have taken this course on his song "Tin Pan Valley".

There are rumours floating around that Stewart is going to join Jeff Beck for a blues album. At least Beck seems interested.

Has he ever come out and said it's actually Stewart he's referring to?

Yep. I don't have the exact quote but he said something along the lines of...Like poor old Rod who has a fantastic voice but sings crap songs to sell albums.

Something along these lines. Someone will come forward with the exact quote I am sure.

Those aren't rumors, it's been confirmed. I haven't heard anything about it being a "blues" album though.

Confirmed? Nice. I saw Beck in Toronto with Clapton and he literally gave me chills listening to him. Any idea what kind of music, (don't mean to derail this thread)?

Confirmed? Nice. I saw Beck in Toronto with Clapton and he literally gave me chills listening to him. Any idea what kind of music, (don't mean to derail this thread)?

I have no idea. Check the link above for more info.

Archived