Top 10 Worst Dressed Guitarists.

BIGDAN

Guitar World picks the worst dressed axmen in the history of rock and roll!

Keith Richards’ scarves and skull ring, Jimmy Page’s dragon-embroidered silk pj’s, Slash’s top hat—all are great examples of how signature apparel can transform an excellent guitarist into a rock icon. But when does a trademark look cross the line into the absurd or criminally distasteful? All too often, it seems, all too often. Check out our choices for the Top 10 offenders below, and don't miss the telling photo gallery at the bottom of the page.

By Robert Cherry

Thought you all might like to see this.

Regards Danny

http://www.guitarworld.com/top_10_worst_dressed_guitarists

Even though he didn't play guitar, I'd have to say that Axel Rose in those tight white shorts was pretty gross.

:dont:

He's on the radio right now. Do you think he stuff's that bulge?

In that article Danny posted, Ted Nugent could easily give me nightmares. That is one very creepy dude.

I don't know if any of the members are on that list, but I personally find the band Kiss a bit creepy looking. :unsure:

Magic,

What is even more creepy is that apparently you can buy a 'Kiss' coffin. What a way to go! They make a pile of money from merchandising, but I think this is taking bad taste too far!

I realise that 'Big' Jim Dandy of Black Oak Arkansas was not a guitarist - more of a maestro with a washboard - but this guy surely had the tightest trousers in rock! He would never have needed to undress for a medical!

post-14347-082832300 1290008681_thumb.jp

i'm surprised Zal Cleminson didn't make the list.

On second thought, who remembers The Sensational Alex Harvey Band anyway?

I don't think I've ever heard a single note of their music but I am aware of Jimmy Buffett's cover of Makin' Music For Money from his A1A record. In the clip below, Buffett vocalist Nadirah Shakoor (formerly of Arrested Development) steps upfront to sing lead on this classic Buffett cut (she covered it, along with several other Buffett-related tunes on her tribute album to him, Nod to the Storyteller which was released back in 2008).

Guitar World picks the worst dressed axmen in the history of rock and roll!

Keith Richards’ scarves and skull ring, Jimmy Page’s dragon-embroidered silk pj’s, Slash’s top hat—all are great examples of how signature apparel can transform an excellent guitarist into a rock icon. But when does a trademark look cross the line into the absurd or criminally distasteful? All too often, it seems, all too often. Check out our choices for the Top 10 offenders below, and don't miss the telling photo gallery at the bottom of the page.

What I just hate is shorts or baggy pants on any guy, so Jimmy Page has fallen into that category (baggy pants) a long time ago. Unless it's a clip from the '50's it just doesn't rock quite as well in baggy pants. I can't even function well in those things myself.

And Keith Richards used to have the greatest visual image of all time in rock 'n' roll (late '60's - mid '70's). He was a natural at it. What the hell happened! He's over doing that bad boy image now, what with the skulls and chains, not to mention his hair style or lack of it. And Jimmy looks more like a bouncer wanna be for a strip club with that little pony tail.

Archived