The Birthday Thread

manderlyh

Happy birthday, young Kiwi!

From one of the old geezers!! :P 

I hope you have a splendid day.  Love your fresh insights and sense of humor.

Cheers! 

:toast: 

:P;)

Happy Birthday Kiwi! I hope you have a fantastic one:-) :birthday:

From another one of the old geezers...but the great thing about being one of the old geezers , we got to see Zeppelin live  :P

Yeah, yeah... :P

^Hi Sath!

You just put "My Generation" in my head. It is so nice to see so many of you that are younger "Join Together With The Band " :thumbsup:

I know I like to give you older peeps a hard time. Probably subconscious jealousy, I'll admit. ;) You guys sure had some special music!

Edited by Sathington Willoughby

Happy birthday, young Kiwi!

From one of the old geezers!! :P 

I hope you have a splendid day.  Love your fresh insights and sense of humor.

Cheers! 

Happy Birthday Kiwi....

happy-birthday.gif

Happy Birthday, Kiwi!  :birthday: 

Hope you have a great day! 

:beer: 

:birthday::cheer:

Happy birthday Kiwi! Hope you have a marvelous day and celebrate your birthday in style...perhaps top it off with a nice bourbon? I drink a toast to you, mate! For she's a jolly good fellow... :toast:

Happy Birthday Kiwi! I hope you have a fantastic one:-) :birthday:

From another one of the old geezers...but the great thing about being one of the old geezers , we got to see Zeppelin live  :P

Happy Birthday Kiwi!!  Hope it's spectacular! 

Happy birthday, lovely KIWI :)

have a great day!

love from another old bag...... xo

Happy Birthday Kiwi, hope you have lotsa fun today!

Have a fantastic birthday Kiwi!

900x900px-LL-1ceb0ecd_gallery62452613054

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PREETHA!!!

I hope you had a great day, and have a great year to come. Rock On!

Thank you so very very much, Dd, Paul, Walter, Sean, Deb, Esther, Julie, Stargroves, Res and Andy! :D :friends: You guys are amazing!! I hope I don't sound like a sentimental sap or anything, but I am honestly, getting all misty eyed, on reading your birthday wishes!! It was an incredibly special day, you guys! :thanku: 

What really made it extra special and made me tear up a little, was coming across individual photos of Percy and Bonzo (along with a section of his drum kit, that was mounted on a wall) and the cover of the iconic album Led Zeppelin I, among the heaps of memorabilia and photos, while having dinner at Hard Rock Cafe. I teared up, as dear old Bonzo was smiling and so full of life in that photo! It was so wonderful to see! I managed to take a few photos, even though the place was packed to the rafters and I really feel the need to share these photos with you guys! :) There were tons of photos and memorabilia, but I was somehow, only drawn to the Led Zeppelin section! B) 

Oh and this forum will be incredibly strange and so incomplete without you 'old geezers'! :D I mean, we naughty and cheeky young'uns, need you guys to not only tell us, what it was like to see Led Zeppelin live and what it was like, living in amazing eras such as the 70's, but also teach us a thing or two, about life itself! :) 

Well, I'll stop 'rambling on' now, before my post turns into a novel :lol:

Here are the photos that I took last night:

013_zpssxlm7jry.jpg

014_zpsyhtryjcy.jpg

Thank you so very very much, Dd, Paul, Walter, Sean, Deb, Esther, Julie, Stargroves, Res and Andy! :D :friends: You guys are amazing!! I hope I don't sound like a sentimental sap or anything, but I am honestly, getting all misty eyed, on reading your birthday wishes!! It was an incredibly special day, you guys! :thanku: 

What really made it extra special and made me tear up a little, was coming across individual photos of Percy and Bonzo (along with a section of his drum kit, that was mounted on a wall) and the cover of the iconic album Led Zeppelin I, among the heaps of memorabilia and photos, while having dinner at Hard Rock Cafe. I teared up, as dear old Bonzo was smiling and so full of life in that photo! It was so wonderful to see! I managed to take a few photos, even though the place was packed to the rafters and I really feel the need to share these photos with you guys! :) There were tons of photos and memorabilia, but I was somehow, only drawn to the Led Zeppelin section! B) 

Oh and this forum will be incredibly strange and so incomplete without you 'old geezers'! :D I mean, we naughty and cheeky young'uns, need you guys to not only tell us, what it was like to see Led Zeppelin live and what it was like, living in amazing eras such as the 70's, but also teach us a thing or two, about life itself! :) 

013_zpssxlm7jry.jpg

014_zpsyhtryjcy.jpg

great post, Kiwi! 

You're much loved here and your Impeccable manners and friendly nature give me hope for the future. 

So glad you enjoyed your day xo

013_zpssxlm7jry.jpg

014_zpsyhtryjcy.jpg

I absolutely love your wall.........great taste, stylishly done (you might re-decorate my house at any time)

Regards from the other side of the planet.

I absolutely love your wall.........great taste, stylishly done (you might re-decorate my house at any time)

Regards from the other side of the planet.

Thank you kindly, res, but I'm afraid my wall is rather cluttered with copies of paintings from the Victorian Era, at the moment and looking at all that rock memorabilia and photos from Hard Rock Cafe last night and the way the entire place was decorated, has given me some motivation to start re-decorating in the near future! :D 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87
Silly spelling error

It's up to you younguns to pass along the Book of Zeppelin after us geezers throw off this mortal coil. You Kiwi, Sathington, Sue, ledzepfilm, Stairway, Steal Away Now Baby Rose, redhairedqueen, Lëah, and many more....it will be up to you kids to steer the unenlightened to the gospel of Led Zeppelin. Steer them away from the tabloid media gossip and show them the way to what is truly important...the music and the live concert history.

Kiwi, I dig you because despite a gap of thousands of miles and completely different cultural and sexual backgrounds, at heart we are two peas-in-a-pod...perfectly happy to sit and watch Looney Tunes and drink some whiskey and then crank some Led Zeppelin, Queen, blues and 60s garage psych-rock.

I also enjoy the Down Under perspective you, along with Jules and Reggie and Whoopie Cat, share with us Northern Hemisphere folk.

Edited by Strider

It's up to you younguns to pass along the Book of Zeppelin after us geezers throw off this mortal coil. You Kiwi, Sathington, Sue, ledzepfilm, Stairway, Steal Away Now Baby Rose, redhairedqueen, Lëah, and many more....it will be up to you kids to steer the unenlightened to the gospel of Led Zeppelin. Steer them away from the tabloid media gossip and show them the way to what is truly important...the music and the live concert history.

Kiwi, I dig you because despite a gap of thousands of miles and completely different cultural and sexual backgrounds, at heart we are two peas-in-a-pod...perfectly happy to sit and watch Looney Tunes and drink some whiskey and then crank some Led Zeppelin, Queen, blues and 60s garage psych-rock.

I also enjoy the Down Under perspective you, along with Jules and Reggie and Whoopie Cat, share with us Northern Hemisphere folk.

The feeling is mutual, Strider! :friends: You, my friend, just described the perfect weekend! Throw in a couple of test cricket / NFL matches and it is sure to be bloody awesome! :D 

I in fact, began my birthday with an early morning Looney Tunes marathon that featured classics like 'Porky In Wackyland', 'Picador Porky', 'It's Hummer Time', 'Bugs Bunny Rides Again', 'Tweety Pie', 'Duck Soup To Nuts', 'Baby Bottleneck', 'Herr Meets Hare', 'Daffy The Commando', 'Tokio Jokio', 'Bugs Bunny Nips The Nips', 'Super-Rabbit' and so many more! B) 

I have pretty much made it my life's mission, to promote the music of Led Zeppelin, Queen and Rush (and the music of Blues legends like Robert Johnson, Charley Patton, Blind Willie Johnson, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Lead Belly, Elmore James, Howlin' Wolf and Lightnin' Slim) at every chance I get, to anyone who is willing to listen and not dismiss the music of these timeless and iconic bands and artists, as 'music for old people'. 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87
To insert a smiley and correct a spelling error

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Birthday to Sam our webmaster.

I hope you get the day off, and enjoy yourself :)

:party:

Didn't realize that the man behind the buttons behind the board's birthday was today......

So let me be the second one to send you best wishes from over the hills and far away:

Have an amazing birthday Sam, rock on and cheers!

Edited by reswati

:birthday:

Happy birthday anniemouse! It's your day to roar! Have a blast and celebrate with friends and family! :toast:

Oh, and it is FunkyPhantom's birthday, too...a sprightly 23 years old today. Have yourself a funky birthday!

Since you two share the birthday of December 22, here is your Birthday Show...Led Zeppelin at Alexandra Palace December 22, 1972.

:birthday:

Well, well, well, look who had a birthday today...our newcomer to the football pool and Bronco fan Steal Away Now Baby Rose. Hope you were able to pull your nose out of a study book and celebrate your birthday. Crikey! You're only 20...still too young to drink legally. :beer:

Happy birthday anyway!