Jimmy Page : Not in the House

Chicago

I haven't seen or heard about Page attending any TCV concerts or any Robert Plant shows since their 1998 tour together. Page played with Robert at least once on every solo tour Robert did up until 1990. Any record of Page's interest in the other's live performances recently?

First it's important to note that thru the years Page, Plant, & Jones have continued making offstage public appearances together, primarily to fulfill promotional duties or receive award presentations. Equally worth noting is they've performed and jammed together publicly and privately many times since 1980.

Having said that, insofar as strictly attending without performing together since 1998 Jimmy has only attended two of Robert's solo performances, and coincidentally both were Teenage Cancer Trust benefit concerts at the Royal Albert Hall in London. The first, on Feb 10, 2002, featured Jimmy and Robert performing sets separate from one another. The second, on Apr 4, 2005, was a Robert Plant concert that showcased tracks from his new album Mighty Rearranger, during which Jimmy watched from a private box with Ross Halfin. Jimmy did attend Robert's Wembley Arena gig on Sep 10, 1985 and both of Robert's gigs at Orpheum Theater in Boston, Nov 20 & 21 1993 (and while in town they discussed collaborating together for the MTV Unledded opportunity offered to Robert).

So far as I know Jimmy has never attended a John Paul Jones solo performance, nor any of Jason's aside from some of the 13 dates Virginia Wolf played as The Firm's opening act (Mar-Apr 1986).

For those who wonder, Robert has attended two Jimmy Page solo gigs, The Firm at the NEC Arena in Birmingham on May 10, 1985 (with daughter Carmen), and Page at The Centrum in Worcester, MA on Oct 29, 1988 (Robert played the same venue himself the next night) and . He has also attended one John Paul Jones gig, a Teenage Cancer Trust benefit concert (Them Crooked Vultures) at the Royal Albert Hall in London on March 22, 2010. He attended UFO's (Jason on drums) Jun 20, 2004 gig at the Civic Hall in Wolverhampton, seated in the upper right back row with friends and family of UFO.

John Paul Jones allegedly attended The Firm's March 27, 1986 concert at Civic Arena in Pittsburgh. Virginia Wolf (Jason Bonham on drums) was the opening act, but so far as I know he's never gone to any of Robert's solo concerts (aside from the Colston Hall in Bristol on Dec 4, 1983, where he joined Robert for the encore on 'Little Sister') nor any of Jason's.

Jason attended Robert's Dec 12 & 13 1983 Hammersmith Odeon gigs (the second featured Jimmy Page during the encore). Jason also attended JPJ's Nov 19, 1999 gig at Wulfren Hall in Wolverhampton with his uncle, Mick Bonham. I'm not sure if he's attended any of Jimmy's post-1980 gigs aside from those he either opened for or was in the band himself (1988).

• 1 month later...

SteveAJones You are being supplied some mis information. Robert Plant never attended Pages Outrider Tour show in Worcester MA in 88. Page's special guest for that show infact was Steve Tyler and Joe Perry. They performed "Train Kept A Rollin" I was at both the Plant show and the Page show.Looking at my stubs how depressing. $17.50.Boy I miss those days.

SteveAJones You are being supplied some mis information. Robert Plant never attended Pages Outrider Tour show in Worcester MA in 88. Page's special guest for that show infact was Steve Tyler and Joe Perry. They performed "Train Kept A Rollin" I was at both the Plant show and the Page show.Looking at my stubs how depressing. $17.50.Boy I miss those days.

I'm willing to look into it further. Also, my notes show 'Train Kept A Rollin' was dedicated to Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith (who were in attendence).

pretty sure the tour they performed at nights back to back was in 86.......i attended both nights (worcester centrum)..........i believe one of the shows may have been the result of a reschedule.......i do kinda recall it being october though

things may be a bit fuzzy from those days,:blink: though i imagine i do have my ticket stubs

i was also at the orpheum show and i did hear afterwards that page attended.....i never believed the story though, but it seems it was in fact true

funny cuz i had better seats than jimmy :P ...nice soundboard of this show...plant actually comments on us a couple of times during his plantations which was funny at the time..course....once again..........:blink: .....good times

pretty sure the tour they performed at nights back to back was in 86.......i attended both nights (worcester centrum)..........i believe one of the shows may have been the result of a reschedule.......i do kinda recall it being october though

It was Oct 29th & 30th 1988 as I said earlier (Robert didn't tour anywhere in '86).

You are correct that Robert's concert at the same venue on the 30th was the result of rescheduling - it had been postponed from Oct 16th to accommodate a rescheduled Frank Sinatra/Liza Minelli/Sammy Davis Jr. concert and moved to what was a day off.

Archived