The Ashes Are On Again

Reggie29

Thanks for the link Reggie. I have a couple I can use so I won't be bereft of any action. May have to force my eye lids to stay open and move into the spare room for under the quilt sports action - or so I'll tell Mrs CP !

Toss is always important at The Gabba. I agree, KP is suss but not as obvious as Shane Watsons technique? No bets on how he'll get out over the summer?

I hope Carberry opens - a player I know little about. He looks very composed but as we know this is The Ashes, and I am sure your guys and the crowd will be giving him some verbal's.

I still think overall we will be too strong for you. But hey you never know?

You're welcome, mate.

The talk is Watson will bowl (his home ground) and that may affect his batting. I don't know who's opening apart from Warner. Possibly Rogers.

I think Brisbane will suit the spinners as we've had a bit of rain up there lately, so there'll be plenty of moisture in the pitch early on and should deteriorate over the last three days. If it goes that long!

As for Carberry it wouldn't surprise if he scores well on his debut. I don't know much about him.

I'll reserve my prediction for the series until after both side's first innings results.

I would have thought that would suit the swing bowlers? If it does take spin, then we have arguably one of the best in the world at the moment. And I don't mean Monty. Pity Mont doesn't get back into the side, he is a local hero for pissing on a nightclub bouncer this summer. Cracking one Mont - something everyone around the world would want to do !

Anywhere else it would suit swing but the Gabba is unique and tends to dry out quicker than most, for some unknown reason.

Warne took most of his wickets in on the east coast, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.

Edited by Reggie29

I see. Thanks for the info Reggie. Maybe it's the sandy soil you have up there. Wasn't the Gabba where an England bowler slid to stop a ball on it's way to the boundary only for his knee to snap?? I recall most in the stands found that most amusing.

Having said that, Warney did bowl "The ball of the century" at Old Trafford. A ground with a rock hard pitch in a particularly wet part of England. Weird how test grounds offer such diverse conditions.

Well an intriguing first day. I think advantage England on what seems like a good batting track. You have a lot to thank Haddin and Johnson for because without them it would certainly be all over

It was a good start to the series, "quite a interesting first day" as Richie Benaud would say..

I have to get back into my Ashes in Oz sleeping patterns.

It was a good start to the series, "quite a interesting first day" as Richie Benaud would say..

I have to get back into my Ashes in Oz sleeping patterns.

lol

poor mr stz missed all yesterdays play because it's on through the day while we work .... haha can't win.

it's storming here in nsw, not sure about brisbane.

guys, i have the pleasure of having a member of don bradmans immortals team as my customer at work ..... Arthur Morris. he and his wife pop in every wed. he's still quick witted and walking well, i think he's 92? i got mr stz an autograph :)

guys, i have the pleasure of having a member of don bradmans immortals team as my customer at work ..... Arthur Morris. he and his wife pop in every wed. he's still quick witted and walking well, i think he's 92? i got mr stz an autograph :)

That's pretty cool,Slave.

You know how a test match is going when a Englishman starts taking a interest in the Australian weather forecast.

How is last nights performance going down in the Aussie press?

Just remember who turned you on to duck eggs !!!

:air_kiss:

Speaking of ducks ..... there was a few quackers happening yesterday :whistling: hahaha

Actually, I think i'll boil up a nice dippy duck egg for breakfast right now ........... mmmmmmmmm

As for Brisbane's weather. It's our tropical storm season up there and it doesn't look good for today.

Here's a good detailed weather link you can check each day.

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/qld/brisbane/brisbane