The Ashes Are On Again

Reggie29

Howdy Slave :wave: ,Piers at least had the courage of his convictions to get in there.He must be daft to face up to Brett Lee though,who can still throw 'em down at abnormal speeds! :run:

I'm not sure,the team have probably had enough of being shitcanned and just might turn it on for Sydney..

First it was Ian Healy, then Adam Gilchrist now it's another fat glove wearer. What is it about wicketkeepers that really are a thorn in the side?? I mentioned that I have given up following the Ashes due to team incompetence. Now I want you to do the white wash. It will really give a kick up the arse to players who think they have the right to be on the teamsheet.

Mrs CP to serve !!

First it was Ian Healy, then Adam Gilchrist now it's another fat glove wearer. What is it about wicketkeepers that really are a thorn in the side?? I mentioned that I have given up following the Ashes due to team incompetence. Now I want you to do the white wash. It will really give a kick up the arse to players who think they have the right to be on the teamsheet.

Mrs CP to serve !!

you forgot Rodney Marsh ..... :)

i guess it's just a slump that your team is going through, but they have let a lot of chances go by, missed catches etc

Go back a 5 months and a few pages in this thread and the roles were reversed. We were getting flogged by you guys over there in England.

We've all experienced wanting to cringe and hide away from our cricket team's performances :slapface:

Meanwhile, England batting, day 2 of Sydney, Cook just out and it's 2 for 8 ...... ouch!

Mrs CP to serve !!

My mate's got his table set up in the carport with the weatherboard side of his house being about 2 metres away from the table.If the player's good enough you're allowed to richochet the ball off the house and back onto the opponents end of the table,it's a laugh!

5/23 and with the dropped chance should've been 6.

It looks like England will be all out by Lunch.

You get the feeling that England would rather be anywhere else than on the pitch.

They were led to believe all they had to do was turn up and the Ashes were already won.

The series was closer in England than the 3-0 result indicated but England won, end of story.

Sides are expected to win at home and the difference between a good side and a great side is the ability to win both home and away.

Cook has been the victim in all this, because with the advent of "coaches", captains are being stifled by their sometimes very ordinary game plans.

England should stick with Cook as I haven't seen anyone better to take over and he is a decent bloke who deserves to continue and be there for the next series. It's not his fault the side is struggling and while he has made some "interesting" field settings, they are part of the coches plans and what about the form (or lack) of Bell and Pietersen?

I always thought the coach was there to get players up for games and work out the strength and weaknesses of opponents.

The rot has set in with all the pressure put on Root (touted as a future captain and then dropped to twelfth man?) as the saviour of the team is unfair and dangerous.

The way Flowers has "managed" his players is appalling.

Not playing any warm up matches is just plain ludicrous.

Why they played someone, especially a bowler, with a suspect hamstring is beyond comprehension.

Clean out the coaching and medical staff and find someone with passion, perhaps Michael Vaughan coach the side.

Happy days for you lot down there. Total shambles from us.

Me to serve

i watched the last hour or so live after work .... it was great to see how happy the boys were :)

Well played Aussies, I have enjoyed reading the posts here more than the Cricket..

Until next time....... :bravo:

thanks, mate. i have really enjoyed this.

will you guys do any better in the one dayers?????

Happy days for you lot down there. Total shambles from us.

Me to serve

Well played Aussies, I have enjoyed reading the posts here more than the Cricket..

Until next time....... :bravo:

:drinks:

Lleyton Hewitt's win against Roger Federer was the icing on the cake. :)

And big thanks to this https://www.facebook.com/pages/Darren-Lehmann-Appreciation-Page/1418078975095196 bloke too.

Edited by Ross62

sorry my english friends, but y'know it's all in good fun .....

A good start to the year unless you are an English fan.

Q. What do you get if you cross the English cricket team with an OXO cube?
A. A laughing stock.

Q. What’s the height of optimism?
A. English batsman putting on sunscreen.

Q. What’s the difference between an English batsman and a Formula 1 car?
A. Nothing! If you blink you’ll miss them both.

Q. What do English batsmen and drug addicts have in common?
A. Both spend most of their time wondering where their next score will come from.

Q. What does an English batsman who is playing in The Ashes have in common with Michael Jackson?
A. They both wore gloves for no apparent reason.

Q. What is the difference between Cinderella and the Pommies?
A. Cinderella knew when to leave the ball.

Q. What's the difference between the Pommies and a funeral director?
A. A funeral director isn't going to lose the ashes.

sorry my english friends, but y'know it's all in good fun .....

A good start to the year unless you are an English fan.

Q. What do you get if you cross the English cricket team with an OXO cube?

A. A laughing stock.

Q. What’s the height of optimism?

A. English batsman putting on sunscreen.

Q. What’s the difference between an English batsman and a Formula 1 car?

A. Nothing! If you blink you’ll miss them both.

Q. What do English batsmen and drug addicts have in common?

A. Both spend most of their time wondering where their next score will come from.

Q. What does an English batsman who is playing in The Ashes have in common with Michael Jackson?

A. They both wore gloves for no apparent reason.

Q. What is the difference between Cinderella and the Pommies?

A. Cinderella knew when to leave the ball.

Q. What's the difference between the Pommies and a funeral director?

A. A funeral director isn't going to lose the ashes.

OK Jules enough already !! :lol:

See you in 2015

• 3 years later...

Friends, Aussies, Countrymen. Roll up, roll up it's nearly time again. What predictions? Will the English repeat the disaster of 3 years ago? Will the Aussies regain the Urn? Who will be the Dogs Bollocks and who will be the Cats arse?

Unfortunately coverage on free to air TV is non existent. NONE, NADA, FUCK ALL. So I will not even see any highlights

BT Sport is the only place you can see a ball being delivered and you can have the pleasure of staying up all night and watch the action unfold for £28 pounds monthly. 12 month contract etc etc. 

My prediction: 

England win 2 -1 with a couple of draws